Amelia's Gallery

Amelia

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is your MU crying? QQ and that is she doing to her neck?

http://gyazo.com/d648b066577012bba27da05c9d98d1d3.png
Decided to mess around with it abit more.

I fixed the boobs, haven't shaded though but it should be looking decent enough.

Also changed the concept/BG abit, trying to add anathema/hex hands at the bottom of her cape but just dunno how. :P

Um...wow. (Repeating this, because I guess a mod got pissed off and deleted it...?)

Why is your MU crying? QQ and that is she doing to her neck?

Um...wow. (Repeating this, because I guess a mod got pissed off and deleted it...?)

She's crying because she's transforming to something that can fly and is really horrible!

She wants someone to stops her~

Do it Boney, save heeer

Um... Yay?

Anywaaaays me drew some stuff again

LEGENDARYINVESTIGATIONTEAM_zpsd8c8a1ae.p

You guys totally saw this coming at some point don't you

This is also an entry for a group's event on dA. I joined for fun. :P

This is especially for you, Astra.

Oopsie, Full view is too big for this forum.

No, it's Mystearica Aura Fende. :3

3BMdv.jpg

Okay I'm learning how to paint. But I have no idea how this works.

I feel kinda bad for cheating, using my blend tool too much.

A bit of tips on this, guys?

The best tip I can give is that you should use a hard brush and block out all the shadows and highlights first really broadly so you can figure out your lighting. If you feel you are using blend too much, go with that gut feeling. In fact, what you did with Tear before is a pretty good way to start, and then instead of using a blend tool, just lower the opacity on your hard brush and blend by layering colour.

Honestly I think your digital painting technique is actually already pretty good. I'm assuming you're going to go without the pencil layer later on?

Edited by Samias

3C1sy.jpg

It doesn't get any better. xD

I'm used to the normal animu shading rather than painting.

Dontgo_zps976ade2a.png

Also just finished this thing.

... I guess I'm better at BS-ing painting BG than people?

I don't think starting with anime shading is necessarily bad, since that's the style of the characters. I think the biggest challenge is describing depth in the picture. For stuff that's farther back in the distance, you can reduce contrast in the shading and kind of fuzz it out. I actually really like what's going on with Estelle's sleeve there, you could practically leave it that rough and still have a nice final product.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know! I think what you've got so far looks pretty good! o:

To be honest, even I'm super lost when it comes to painting. It's pretty difficult if you come from anime cell-shading, since all of a sudden you need to take into consideration things like lighting and facial structure and aklhsjhaskfa-- I wish it came more naturally and whatnot but the best way to get better and more natural with it really is through trial and error xD
We all have to start somewhere!

I think it also helps to know the skeletal structure of the face. A lot of where you should place shadows and highlights depends on the bone structure. Areas that are more "sunken" like where your eyes are, the lower area of your cheeks, etc, tend to be where shadows fall while areas that protrude such as the forehead, nose and cheekbones tend to be lighter. Though in the end, your lightsource still plays a really big part in all of it.

You also might want to try what Charlie Bowater does? Which is start with the shadow, then paint lighter colors on top of it. I find it's much easier to determine where light should fall with her method (Though to be perfectly honest, when I paint I tend to do it with semi-realistic lineart since anime facial anatomy makes it really difficult to paint like this ;; )

Edited by pinkbubblegum

i'd say you're doing a pretty good job of painting, only thing bugging me about the tales pic is tear's face. her eyes are too close together, try moving her left eye more to our right/left of her face. her nose seems to be positioned a bit too high too, and it's not aligned straight with her mouth. you could probably move that one a bit down and left too.

So er, it's Rey's birthday and I took a shot at painting. Again.

Mysteriousmaiden_zps1f880cfb.png

Estellise's early dress or also known as "Mysterious Maiden" in PS3. (of sort)

Now Ath, hurry up and finish Yuri so we can go matchy matchy or Rey and I'll go Bushin Soutenha.

BECAUSE SOMEONE HAD TO BORROW MY COPY OF PS3 VESPERIA.

...I honestly should have just bought it for you from the start. xD

Your fault. I DID ASK IF IT WAS OKAY TO BORROW

So anyways, I draw a thing.

4hl6.png

Patty Fleur in her awesome costume. I really like this one. I shall try to get it even if all the japanese will get in my way

Photobucket and your shrinking asdf

Edited by Amelia

She's crying because she's transforming to something that can fly and is really horrible!

She wants someone to stops her~

Do it Boney, save heeer

Um... Yay?

Anywaaaays me drew some stuff again

LEGENDARYINVESTIGATIONTEAM_zpsd8c8a1ae.p

You guys totally saw this coming at some point don't you

This is also an entry for a group's event on dA. I joined for fun. :P

This is especially for you, Astra.

Oopsie, Full view is too big for this forum.

Oh my god!! YOU drew this?

I was looking at this on Deviantart! It was great.

Oh my god!! YOU drew this?

I was looking at this on Deviantart! It was great.

Thanks for the compliment. c:

6795a43a6717e480dcc55bd2fc3cda54.png

WIP because I'm bored. Plus I never get enough my baby girl. I mean come on, she KILLS for me. <3

And I got new brush settings. I think it's changing my style. :P

Thanks for the compliment. c:

6795a43a6717e480dcc55bd2fc3cda54.png

WIP because I'm bored. Plus I never get enough my baby girl. I mean come on, she KILLS for me. <3

And I got new brush settings. I think it's changing my style. :P

Heehee.. No problem.

You're a good artist.