Gran Turismo 5

Raven

GT5-boxart-final-EU.jpg

A series that needs no introduction. The 5th game in the Gran Turismo series.

Some basic information:

Platform: PlayStation 3

Release dates: 24/11/10 (UK, US), 25/11/10 (AUS, JP)

Split screen multiplayer: Yes

Online: 16 player

No. of vehicles: Over 1,000 (Probably lost count themselves)

No. of locations: 26

No. of tracks: 71

Night racing: Yes

Car damage: Yes ("Premium" and "Standard")

These are just a couple of things implemented into this game. Information taken from Wikipedia, where there's a lot more information available on everything said here, and a lot more on top.

Looking at the information, this game is seemingly the dog's bollocks of all racing games. It's even got karting, according to the Wikipedia article.

Can someone lend me a couple of hundred quid so I can buy a PS3 and this game please? I'll pay you back in January when my next student loan comes through.

I'm getting this for Christmas. I can't wait. I had GT3, and I was only like 10 or so when I played it, so I never really got past the amateur level races. I loved the game though. I loved how the game was seemingly endless with so much stuff to do. I have high expectations for GT5.

Edited by Hemlock

Whoa, gets released tomorrow? That's great!

The game sounds really good, and a definite buy for me. Though I never really "beat" any of the other games, except maybe the first one. I hope they use Moon Over the Castle for the opening movie instead of some pants-shittingly serious HARDCORE metal. Racing needs to be glorious, not depressing.

I fucking love Moon Over the Castle, however I don't think they will use it for its intro. But I do believe you are able to insert your own choice of songs into the game.

My own GT experience was... I played GT1 when I was 8, I can't really remember how much of it I completed. But GT2, I completed with 100%. Dodge Viper GTS was my favourite car in that. GT3, I can't remember how far I got in it. After 100%ing GT2 my will to do the same here was wavering. By the time GT4 was out, I did what, maybe 15% before giving up? And now, I need a PS3, because GT5, like GT2 before it, needs me to finish it.