Events - game mis-identifies main lord?

chase

Had the strangest thing happen today... I'm messing with my custom prologue events, and I introduced Florina into the mix.

I'll post my relevant event code ... but the gist of it is bad guys come out, Florina flies to tell Lyn, then the game starts.

However, somehow, the game now thinks that Florina is the main lord... the cursor goes back to her automatically at the beginning of each turn... and most strangely, the game loads Florina in Lyn's spot in Chapter 1.

Relevant code:

------------------

Opening_event:

UnitClear

BlackOff

Text(0x00,OpeningText)

LOU1 FlorinaGroup Bad

ENUN

LOU1 BossGuards

ENUN

CAM1 [6,1]

STAL 40

MOVE Florina_t [15,10]

ENUN

Text(0x05,OpeningText)

DISA Florina_t

STAL 60

LOU1 Good FlorinaGroup

ENUN

REMA

ENDA

-------------------------

Bad:

UNIT Batta Brigand 0x00 Level(3,Enemy,False) [0,0] [3,2] [HandAxe,IronAxe] [0x3,0x3,0x9,0x20]

UNIT Empty

BossGuards:

UNIT 0x88 Soldier Batta Level(1,Enemy,False) [0,3] [2,3] [ironSpear] [GUARD]

UNIT 0x88 Soldier Batta Level(1,Enemy,False) [4,5] [4,3] [steelSpear] [GUARD]

UNIT Empty

Good:

UNIT Lyn_t LynLord 0x00 Level(1,Ally,False) [15,10] [15,10] [ironSword] [00000000]

UNIT Empty

FlorinaGroup:

UNIT Florina_t PegasusKnight Lyn_t Level(1,Ally,False) [6,1] [6,1] [ironSpear] [00000000]

UNIT Empty

------------------

While I'm at it, this brings up a more fundamental question about units: During opening events like these, is it the correct approach to be creating lots of unit groups with subsets of different characters, and then DISA'ing them when you want them off the screen (after you've moved them and whatnot), then loading your actual characters you want to fight at the end?

Also, how does the game know whether a character is "part of your team" already or not? If I were to load Florina in chapter 1, how does the game know to retain her experience and items and whatnot?

Edited by chase