I <3 Pent Sprite Gallery

GIJooTheWarHero

Pent is my favorite Fire Emblem character ever. Most of my sprite work will be of him and his concentrated awesomeness (with pulp, of course). I haven't done much yet since I've been working a lot lately but here is what I have:

Regular Pent with a low-contrast recolor. Make him a little less neon.

FaceRecolor.gif

Pent as a pupil. It's a mash of Ewan, Pent, Roy, Hugh, Neimi, and some custom work.

YoungFace.gif

I plan on making a custom pupil battle animation to go along with the mug. Then custom mage mug/battle. Then a fourth tier Archsage-type class. All cause I love me some Pent.

I accept all criticism. :D

EDIT:

Two revisions to the Pupil Pent face. First is a little button added next to the cape. Pent is of a royal family so he wears royal garb. Button taken from the cloak holder off of Eliwood in royal clothing.

YoungFace2.gif

The second revision adds a buckle to his shoulder armor hinting at him wearing some kind of ornate royal armor underneath his cloak. Used from Klein.

YoungFace3.gif

Edited by GIJooTheWarHero

I think the hair is WAY too huge for him. Heck, the hair on the Pupil!Pent is larger than the hair on normal Pent.

youngface.gif

Where I've put a box is where the sprite looks weird. You've used so much of the outline color there that the white there looks extremely random and out of place. I think you should use the white there in place of the outline color, and shade that like a normal shirt.

I think the hair is WAY too huge for him. Heck, the hair on the Pupil!Pent is larger than the hair on normal Pent.

youngface.gif

Where I've put a box is where the sprite looks weird. You've used so much of the outline color there that the white there looks extremely random and out of place. I think you should use the white there in place of the outline color, and shade that like a normal shirt.

Yeah, now that I look at it when it's not 3-4 in the morning...it does look weird. I'll mess around with something now that my brain is fully conscious. Also, I didn't add much hair. The face and hair is about 85-90% Ewan. I could try to shrink it by a few pixels in the back.

That sprite from Pent as a pupil is sooo kawaii~!!! :D

I APPROVE IT!! :DNewYearsEmoticon.gif

Thanks! :D

I think his hair needs to be a little darker (since the outline seems to be really dark against it), but I do think he's cute. ^^

I'm using FE8 colors. Pent's new hair color is more in the range of FE8's saturation level but it also uses the darker purple outline. If you want more examples look at Natasha. Blonde hair and white clothing strike hard against the dark outline.

Here are some revisions. I've added a button to the first one similar to the style of the Marine Corps Band uniform with the ornate button structure they have. He's not wearing some run down clothing. Pent is royalty and wears royal clothing.

YoungFace2.gif

Second one has a buckle added to make it look like he's wearing armor instead. Royal armor, of course.

YoungFace3.gif

Also, I decreased his hair width by one pixel. :D

I'm using FE8 colors. Pent's new hair color is more in the range of FE8's saturation level but it also uses the darker purple outline. If you want more examples look at Natasha. Blonde hair and white clothing strike hard against the dark outline.

Oh, who did you get the colors from? For whatever reason, the hair shading seems really light (in contrast to each shade.) :/ That might just be me though.

Edit-- Natasha's mug also has the third shade of her cloack (fourth for her hair) as being dark rather than light. The third shade in yours is a little bit light, but I guess that can all boil down to personal preference.

Edited by Cymbeline

Oh, who did you get the colors from? For whatever reason, the hair shading seems really light (in contrast to each shade.) :/ That might just be me though.

Edit-- Natasha's mug also has the third shade of her cloack (fourth for her hair) as being dark rather than light. The third shade in yours is a little bit light, but I guess that can all boil down to personal preference.

I couldn't find any gray hair I liked so I made my own based on FE8's color saturation averages. I would have had a fourth color on the hair but alas, little Ewan is a three-hue hair boy.

You could use the three first colors of Duessell's hair, though, that'll give you a slightly purple tint on the white.

Even if you made your own colors, the outline color REALLY contrasts against the hair. Also, there's no shading on the back of his hair.

And using the actual FE8 portraits as your defense to why your sprite is the way it is, isn't really that good of an idea. Most of them are pretty bad in the first place, so...

Really, just make the hair darker, and shade the back of the hair.

Edited by seph1212