[FE9] PoR Hard Mode Draft Tournament

Radiant Dragon

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm boned. GL HF folks!

I think the one who's most boned is RD. He has just Ike and Titania until Marcia arrives. Kaoz isn't much better with only Shinon to add until Rolf of all people shows, and eventually Zihark. You at least have Boyd, Rhys, and Gatrie early on.

Anyway, current progress. I actually started yesterday but stopped at chapter 3 because I wanted Shinon and had to wait.

Ch#: Turns taken (penalty)

P: 4

Standard stuff

1: 5

Started by having Boyd take 3 of Ike's Iron Swords, giving him the Fighter Band, and switching their Vulneraries. Oscar gave his Lance and Band to Titania. Titania visited both villages.

2: 5 (+4)

Barring major crit luck, I am pretty sure it was impossible to do this without a penalty. Too many enemies move and Titania shows up too late for Ike to handle everything by himself, so Boyd went up north to deal with the enemies up there while Ike took the east and Oscar hid with Rhys. Once Titania appeared, she bumrushed the enemies around the boss. On his last shot, Boyd finally dealt the finishing blow on the Mercenary (52-57 displayed).

3: 6

Not much to say. Ike and Titania duo. Titania gets her first level.

4: 4

Had to make a strategy around keeping non-draftees out of combat, but the Titania show ultimately sold out in the end.

Current total: 28

I think the one who's most boned is RD. He has just Ike and Titania until Marcia arrives.

Unfortunately there wasn't a lot I could do about that since Boyd, Oscar, and Soren were taken by the time it got back to me, and Marcia is one of my favorite characters in addition to being the first flier. The rest of the GMs that were available either can't fight or don't have the availability to justify picking them over someone else, in my opinion.

I'm more worried about not having Reyson and Rescue.

You know, alot of people bother themselves getting Top tier material characters that arrive a little late to be of too much help. Like, for example, at the FE6 HM draft, Raven took Miledy as his first pick. Then at the current FE10 draft, Lilmik took Haar as a first pick even though he arrives at Part 2.

You know, alot of people bother themselves getting Top tier material characters that arrive a little late to be of too much help. Like, for example, at the FE6 HM draft, Raven took Miledy as his first pick. Then at the current FE10 draft, Lilmik took Haar as a first pick even though he arrives at Part 2.

I imagine an FE10 draft would be much different anyway due to the team switching. Haar is a great pick there simply because he's around so long. In that game, coming early does not equal high availability.

Well, I'll see how well it goes with only Ike and Titania, it's going to be a good experience.

Also...

Prologue: 4 Turns

Standard

Chapter 1: 4 Turns

Titania visits the houses on turns 1 and 2, Ike fights a few bandits.

Chapter 2: 6 Turns

Ike takes the Seraph Robe and manages to distract all the bandits until Titania arrives, after that it was over pretty quickly. Boyd rescued Rhys and stayed in the bottom left corner, Oscar kept moving around a bit, neither was attacked as enemies prioritize Ike.

Name	Level	HP	Str	Mag	Skill	Sp	Lck	Def	Res
Ike	5.89	29	7	2	8	9	7	7	1
Titania	1.65	33	12	4	13	14	11	11	7

Is it detailed enough that way?

5-9.

Ch#: Turns taken (penalty)

5: 6

I am honestly surprised I managed to get the Hammer, Torch, Iron Blade, and Ashera Icon in the 6 turns without incurring a penalty or anything needing to be dropped. Titania is truly amazing. Kinda sucks, though, that I used up the entire Javelin in a single turn.

6: 10

This one was kind of annoying since there are so many ranged enemies and Titania only has so many ranged uses that I want to save for later. Luckily, with a Steel Axe, she could kill the boss exactly in one round.

7: 9 (+4)

Once again (and this time for real), I am pretty sure it was impossible to do this without penalty given I couldn't use Shinon or Gatrie. I do get Mia, though, and although she kinda sucks in this map the extra hand helps. Got the Armorslayer and Ward staff from chests.

8: 8

This one required some clever positioning. Mia went from 7 to 12 in the base and got the Seraph Robe, all of which helped quite a lot as she tanked armors from the east. Titania easily soloed the south with the Poleax, killing the boss on the way, and Ike went left, waiting for Ilyana to walk up to him so he could recruit her. She got a good few kills in the map by the end.

At around turn 5 I was able to position Ike so that an Archer was in front of him and couldn't move to attack because a Soldier and Knight were in his way. Ike just sat staring at them for a while, possibly saving his life as he was out of Vulnerary.

9: 8

I actually could have finished in 7, but I decided to take one more to recruit Marcia (Pegasus Band) and get some more experience.

I sent Mia, Ilyana, Mist, Mordecai, and Lethe north, wiping out the enemies up there and getting to the villages (by turn 7, even). Ike and Titania went south, but it was mostly Titania doing the work again.

Current total: 65 (+8)

Levels at the end of Chapter 9:

Ike: 14.97

Titania: 7.73

Mia: 14.97

Ilyana: 10.75

Mist: 1.44

Edited by Yui

Some progress before I head to bed, and I have to say: I love how the AI prioritizes attacking Ike. It's just like in FE6 when I moved base Sophia in the range of about five wyverns to get the Guiding Ring in the desert, and they all went for Roy (who had a Lancereaver equipped).

Anyway... Prologue - Chapter 4.

Prologue (4/4) BEXP: 0

Discipline does bad things to your stats…

Chapter 1 (3/7) BEXP: 200

Boyd takes three of Ike's Iron Swords and gives him a Vulnerary and the Fighter Band. Oscar gives Titania the Paladin Band. Ike moves in front of a fighter as Titania grabs the Steel Sword and moves toward the Seraph Robe.

Titania grabs the Robe and moves toward the boss. Ike gets the Sword and Robe, and then uses the Robe.

Titania kills Zawana and Ike seizes.

Chapter 2 (5/12) BEXP: 400

Ike moves east and attacks a Fighter, Oscar rescues Rhys and the brothers stay out of the way.

Ike finishes the fighter and the brothers move away from the western enemies.

Titania arrives and kills the Myrmidon with the Vulnerary, since otherwise the enemies start healing themselves. Ike moves onto a thicket and heals and the brothers break for the south-eastern corner.

Ike and Titania each kill an enemy, and Titania blocks a Bandit's path to the heal-hedge.

Ike and Titania kill two more enemies, and Titania moves toward the northern enemies equipped with her Steel Axe, ORKOing them all along with Ikanau to finish the chapter.

Chapter 3 (4/16) BEXP: 600

Ike takes the Knight Band, Titania takes the Iron Lance. I didn't bother getting the Elixir.

Titania kills a Bandit and moves north with Ike, drawing the remaining southern enemies while not triggering Marcia's appearance. Gatrie rescues Shinon (damn Provoke…) and moves east.

Titania moves onto the gang plank and Ike follows. Gatrie makes it into the south-east corner as Marcia dodges Hand Axes.

Titania kills a Fighter and obtains the Hand Axe. Then she moves into Havetti's range as Ike makes it onto the boat.

Ike talks to Marcia and Titania crit-kills Havetti with the Hand Axe (he would've suicided on the Enemy Phase anyway).

Chapter 4 (2/18) BEXP: 900

Titania moves west and kills an Archer as my undrafted units hide in the north and Ike distracts the enemies nearby. On the Enemy Phase, Titania decimates almost the entire enemy army by herself.

I use Ike, Gatrie, and the trees to make sure Rhys and Shinon can't be attacked. Titania throws her Hand Axe in Maijin's face and crit-kills AGAIN. I'm not complaining (it saves uses on the Hand Axe), but WTF?

Name    Level  HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Ike 	06/--  30^ 07  02  09  10  08  07  02
Titania --/02  34  13  04  13  14  12  11  07

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Soul: EVERYBODY drafts Haar if they get the first pick in RD, ALWAYS. He's a Part 2 AND a Part 3 mainstay and in fact MVP, on his own, and nobody else can claim that much.

Big difference is Haar provides the top contribution, touched by none, for Part 3. No single Brigadier can claim that. Nolan/Edward/Volug/Jill/wtfever you want can take the Brigade chapters. Hell, I showed it was possible if the only Brigadier you drafted was LAURA. You can get a second-rate Brigadier and still pull great turncounts for Part 1, but no other Merc can do what Haar can do in smart hands.

EDIT: Also:

P: 4 turns clear

Predictable/10.

Edited by Integrity

Out of curiousity RD, did your Ike crit something in Ch. 1?

Looking back at the chapter, I can only assume so since he didn't need to Vulnerary on turn two and could use the Robe. Either that, or he just dodged the two attacks.

Chapters 5 and 6. I'll do Chapter 7 later after (possibly futilely) trying to find a way not to take a penalty for Gatrie.

Chapter 5 (6/24) BEXP: 900

My undrafted units move to the east, Ike moves so he can land on a heal-hedge next turn and Titania moves so she can kill a bunch of enemies on the Enemy Phase.

Ike makes it to the heal-hedge and attacks an Archer as Titania kills another Archer.

Ike and Titania each kill a Lance Knight, and Titania moves in front of the Defend square so an Archer can't seize it.

Ike kills the Archer he weakened earlier, and Titania moves south.

Titania moves further south and Ike moves back onto the heal-hedge to attack yet another Archer. Dakova gets countered by Titania on the Enemy Phase.

Titania kills Dakova and moves in range of some reinforcements as Ike uses a Vulnerary.

Chapter 6 (6/30) BEXP: 1210

Titania kills an Archer as Ike moves out of the trees. The undraftees move north further into the trees.

Ike moves in range of the Poleax Axe Knight and Titania kills a Soldier.

Ike and Titania move south over the east bridge, Titania killing a Soldier in the way and Ike using a Vulnerary.

Titania kills an Archer while Ike uses another Vulnerary. They both continue moving south, leaving a Knight and a Mage futilely trying to catch up.

Titania kills the Archer in front of Emil and takes his place. Ike finishes his Vulnerary.

Titania finishes Emil and Ike escapes.

Name    Level  HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Ike 	09/--  32^ 09  02  11  12  09  08  03
Titania --/04  36  14  04  15  15  13  12  08

Apparently the game doesn't count an extra turn for Defend chapters in this game. Also, I forgot to mention in the OP that undrafted units may shove/smite other undrafted units. They may not shove/smite drafted characters, enemies, or NPCs however.

Apparently the game doesn't count an extra turn for Defend chapters in this game. Also, I forgot to mention in the OP that undrafted units may shove/smite other undrafted units. They may not shove/smite drafted characters, enemies, or NPCs however.

Huh? Yes, it does. Specifically, if the map ends after the end of an enemy phase, the game counts 1 extra turn. Specifically, 2-P, 2-E, 3-5, and 3-7 add 1 extra turn if the map is waited out, and 2-E and 3-5 can be ended by bosskill, which doesn't add 1 extra turn.

Huh? Yes, it does. Specifically, if the map ends after the end of an enemy phase, the game counts 1 extra turn. Specifically, 2-P, 2-E, 3-5, and 3-7 add 1 extra turn if the map is waited out, and 2-E and 3-5 can be ended by bosskill, which doesn't add 1 extra turn.

This is Path of Radiance, not Radiant Dawn.

Crap. I totally thought this was the thread for the RD draft tournament that's also going on.

I haven't played FE9 in forever, but I'm pretty sure the game still adds a turn for sticking through defend maps.

Even so, does it matter if everyone is affected by it?

I think the one who's most boned is RD. He has just Ike and Titania until Marcia arrives. Kaoz isn't much better with only Shinon to add until Rolf of all people shows, and eventually Zihark. You at least have Boyd, Rhys, and Gatrie early on.

It's not as bad as it sounds to Titania/Ike duo the first seven chapters. You might be right about Ch8 Defend, though...

2: 5 (+4)

Barring major crit luck, I am pretty sure it was impossible to do this without a penalty.

7: 9 (+4)

Once again (and this time for real), I am pretty sure it was impossible to do this without penalty given I couldn't use Shinon or Gatrie. I do get Mia, though, and although she kinda sucks in this map the extra hand helps. Got the Armorslayer and Ward staff from chests.

I can't say for sure about Fixed Mode, but it's certainly manageable, if difficult, to avoid penalties in Random Mode. I don't remember if there was anything growth dependent or not, however.

For Chapter 7, it simply involves having Titania make the beeline to the Gatrie/Shinon corner to be there to block it off, taking out the Armors and the Archers along the way, while Ike and Mia slowly move west.

Actually, I was able to find a memory card that had Epilogue data, and it had 6 turns for Chapter 5.

I can

that as well.

For Chapter 7, it simply involves having Titania make the beeline to the Gatrie/Shinon corner to be there to block it off, taking out the Armors and the Archers along the way, while Ike and Mia slowly move west.

The problem is that there were enemies on both sides. There was no way for Titania to kill the southern enemies (or if there was, I didn't find it) before Shinon, Gatrie, and the northern enemies appeared. Ike and Mia also had to take care of three ranged enemies, one with a Javelin, and one more Steel Lance Soldier to the east without 1-2 range themselves.

Anyway, I've made it to chapter 13. I've spent more time on this than I should have since I still have stuff to do in preparation for Christmas, so I'll make a real update later.

Still awake....Current progress:

10: 9

First time in a while I've not done stealth. Titania headed forward through the map while the others stayed behind to take care of things. Did not open any of the chests.

11: 7

Gave Mordecai the Speedwing. Even though it didn't end up affecting me, I totally didn't know the Black Knight moves even without someone in range. I managed to recruit Zihark and visit all the villages, at least, though I left a good number of enemies alive.

12: 9

Gave Mia the Dracoshield. This would have been 8 turns if Mia hadn't missed a shot on enemy phase with the Laguzslayer. Other than that, first map where someone (Mia) takes the MVP title from Titania. Brom is annoying. Waiting for the Knight Ward before seriously leveling him.

13: (Have not played the map yet)

Mia promotes in the base. Levels up to now:

Ike: 17.51
Titania: 9.26
Mia: 20/1.00 (Stats below)
Ilyana: 17.00
Mordecai: 3.00
Brom: 11.51

Current supports:
Ike x Titania B
Titania x Mist C
Mist x Mordecai C
Mordecai x Ilyana C
Ilyana x Mia C

Or.....
Ike B Titania C Mist C Mordecai C Ilyana C Mia

20/1 Mia, C Ilyana
HP:  40 (Seraph Robe)
Str: 15
Mag: 5
Skl: 18
Spd: 22
Lck: 12
Def: 13 (Dracoshield)
Res: 7

Edited by Yui

Chapter 3: 3 Turns

Titania and Shinon rush the ship and Ike distracts the enemies near the starting location so that Gatrie doesn't get attacked.

Chapter 4: 2 Turns

Titania rushes forward, while Ike and Shinon distract enemies. She manages to kill Majin on T2 enemy phase.

Chapter 5: 6 Turns

Got the Hammer, which is pretty much the only important item here anyway, apart from that nothing special.

Chapter 6: 5 Turns

Ike and Titania clear the area around the eastern bridge on turns 1 and 2, then Titania rescues Ike and drops him near the escape point on turn 4, damaging Emil with the Hand Axe on enemy phase. After killing him on turn 5, Ike can escape.

Name	Level	HP	Str	Mag	Skill	Sp	Lck	Def	Res
Ike	8.97	32	8	2	10	11	8	8	2
Titania	3.55	35	13	4	14	15	12	12	7
Shinon	1.77	32	9	6	15	13	9	9	6

With that I should be on par with RD again turncount wise... Soul and Integ should be able to reach this point in 3 turns less or something.