Awesome Games Done Quick

YayMarsha

horror.png

I don't know how many people here saw last year's marathon, but Speed Demos Archive is doing another charity marathon in less than a week now (starts on January 6th). The title for this one is Awesome Games Done Quick and we're playing 100 games in 4 days, with all donations going to the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Yeah, I know all that information is in the banner. Oops. You can find more information (including the schedule) here.

Anyway, just thought I'd make this topic to spread the word (I got permission first, by the way). We're raising money for a good cause, and I hope to see some of you in the IRC channel. :)

P.S. I feel like I missed something important with this topic. Let me know if you have any questions.

[Edit]: Totally forgot the promo video.

Edited by YayMarsha

I've been looking forward to this since getting back from University :P. Shame it's occuring when I really need to revise :(. Still, I can pick up the videos in the weeks afterwards.

Anyway, yeah, this has a great schedule of games. I might even make a random donation or something.

I call bullshit on completing Portal in 30 minutes. It's not possible (Test Chamber 18 comes to mind) since the second half of the game is all about precise aiming.

Edited by Life Admiral

Another fail from Life.

The record is 13:06. Seconds.

No, okay, it's minutes. Proof. Oh, and that's single segment. But it uses scripts, which probably save a few minutes. So I reckon with no scripts, about 17-18 minutes should be do-able fairly easily. 30 minutes is probably playing it safe since, well, it's not the best run of 50 they're submitting, it's the one, live, run.

Edited by I Eat Tables

It would have been awesome if Red Scarlet was running Metroid again. Still, since Metroid runs are some of my favorite, you better believe I'm tuning in. First glance I couldn't see if they're any% runs, or not, but I guess I'll either look around or find out as it happens.

I would expect, if not listed otherwise, they'd be any%. But they often change things on request, although I guess it depends on the runner and game length (if it's something like SM where 100% is about 15 minutes longer, probably, if it was like DK64 and was 8 hours longer, I have serious doubts)

I just asked the runner about it, and he said it was any%. Sorry dude. :(

I seem to remember the original spreadsheet listing 100%, but I guess that changed over time and nobody thought to specify any%. I should probably mention that to somebody, since it is pretty confusing.

• 2 weeks later...