A Change to the Tier List

Darksamusz

As numerous people are aware, the recent tier lists for Hector Hard mode assume that Lyn Hard mode is S ranked. However, Lyn mode being S ranked has nothing to do with Hector Hard mode at all. Except for the fact that it's practical to receive 5 stars in Experience to ensure that nobody is leveled too much later on, that is perhaps the most important rank in Lyn mode.

Another important factor while playing through Lyn mode is ensuring that one later on obtains the White Gem when Lyn returns in Chapter 16. The general assumption is that only one stat booster can be used without dropping below the limit for 5 stars in the Funds rank and that 5 stars in Funds is required for the White Gem.

That assumption is wrong.

After looking through the various weapons and items received across Lyn mode, it was found that there are several chapters in which more items are obtained than the actual Funds requirement states. One primary example of this is Chapter 4, which has a Funds requirement of 270. An Iron Axe is also received in this chapter, which mean one actually acquires a value of 570 in Assets. This situation applies to multiple Lyn mode chapters and serves as a slight buffer to the Funds requirement. The value of extra Funds acquired is actually over 1,000 in Assets. Another major factor to consider is the Knight Crest, which isn't used in Lyn mode unless one actually wants to use Wallace. Using the Knight Crest costs 10,000 in Assets, but using a stat booster only costs 8,000. In other words, if one uses a stat booster in place of the Knight Crest, that person then saves a value of 2,000 in Assets.

While possible to use both the Angelic Robe and Energy Ring while obtaining 5 stars in Funds, 5 stars is unnecessary for the White Gem. In fact, some people are aware that the White Gem requires at least 33,000 in Assets from Lyn mode. Then, considering that 80% of the Funds requirement in Lyn Hard mode creates a ~2,000 Asset gap with the White Gem requirement, and considering that there are multiple things in Lyn mode that assist the Fund rank, the Hector Hard mode tier list should factor in both stat boosters. Even if someone doesn't obtain an S rank in Lyn Hard mode, the use of two stat boosters is much more important and useful than acquiring said S rank.

As long as one doesn't abuse rather expensive weapons, using both stat boosters and getting the White Gem is easy and practical. Also, Lyn's Mani Katti should always be used in place of an Iron Sword. If leveled equally, then characters coming out of Lyn mode are easily around levels 6 to 8. These levels can be varied to provide more experience to certain characters and to take favoritism into account.

I was under the impression that people only thought it was practical to use just one stat booster. I've also heard in places that Matthew is generally preferred to receive the Angelic Robe to increase his durability.

If this is wrong, then explain what is actually right.

Depends on Efficiency or Ranked. In Efficiency, it is assumed you play LM efficiently. For ranked, some assume it is ranked, others just assume you play it casually but not turtle-like. I'd argue ranked for ranked, since it is consistent.

As for efficiency, Matthew will survive even without the robe, and Florina can be so much more useful with the robe. Fliers are amazing for dropping other units and other kinds of efficient strategies, so fixing one of their problems (durability) is wise.

I was referring to the tier list for ranked runs, not for efficiency runs. Ranked for ranked in theory sounds like the best option, but ranked for ranked really is not as useful as using two stat boosters to assist you in S ranking Hector Hard mode.

Try this on for size. And yeah, you really should specify ranked first. I read your first sentence and almost just responded to it alone with "Uh, no, they don't" before reading later replies.

I was under the impression that people only thought it was practical to use just one stat booster. I've also heard in places that Matthew is generally preferred to receive the Angelic Robe to increase his durability.

I don't know where you've been, but you don't seem to know how we do things here very well.

Edited by Yui

I was referring to the tier list for ranked runs, not for efficiency runs. Ranked for ranked in theory sounds like the best option, but ranked for ranked really is not as useful as using two stat boosters to assist you in S ranking Hector Hard mode.

I'd still think Florina is better for the robe on ranked than Matthew. The strategies that work on efficiency for chapter 11 will work on ranked, so he doesn't exactly need the durability increase there. After that you've got other units. Florina may not be far and away the best use of the robe anymore on ranked, but she's still a good use for it. Maybe Lyn is now a good use since Geitz's map is better on ranked and you get a better unit out of it (and Lyn with more durability is an easier unit to give exp to).

In addition to my other questions, can someone explain or link me to a topic that explains guidelines and assumptions for the Hector Hard mode ranked tier list? I can't seem to find anything about it elsewhere, and I also have some arguments to make regarding the list.

If you have the transfer data option, you could just keep most of the bonus disk items to keep your funds in tact. =)

In addition to my other questions, can someone explain or link me to a topic that explains guidelines and assumptions for the Hector Hard mode ranked tier list? I can't seem to find anything about it elsewhere, and I also have some arguments to make regarding the list.

Sure. We love it when people input new ideas as long as they're not fundamentally flawed (Marcus being bad, for instance).

Assumptions (don't quote me on this):

- Lyn Mode is assumed to be S Ranked. Not for the purpose of getting the White Gem but for the purpose of having a complete perfect S Rank run.

- If we are arguing between 2 specific units, it is assumed that they get fielded if they can help the team in that map. For instance, forget about Oswin getting fielded in 23.

I think that's it for the most part.