• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

I can't remember its name, but it's a Super Mario Kart hack that changed the tracks, but not the AI, so CPUs drive in a corner and get trapped there most of the time (it's so funny). There were new areas in that hack, like Cloud Tracks and a Monochrome Road (like Rainbow Road, except it's all grey and you have to jump over the start line in the second track or you'll fall through it. My friend got really mad at me when I didn't tell him that and I jumped over the finish line). The AI for Lakitu is also really funny: it'll keep dropping you in bad places and picking you up again until you land on actual land.

What are you hoping Retro Studios (they made the Metroid Prime games and Donkey Kong Country Returns) is working on for the Wii U? It's already confirmed it's not a new Zelda game, and there's already SMT x FE so it not FE related.

Lucina

How you came up with this member title?

An apple of discord is a reference to the Golden Apple of Discord (Greek: μῆλον τῆς Ἔριδος) which, according to Greek mythology, the goddess Eris (Gr. Ἔρις, "Strife") inscribed "to the fairest" and tossed in the midst of the festivities at the wedding of Peleus and Thetis, thus sparking a vanity-fueled dispute between Hera, Athena and Aphrodite that eventually led to the Trojan War (for the complete story, see The Judgement of Paris). Thus, "apple of discord" is used to signify the core, kernel, or crux of an argument, or a small matter that could lead to a bigger dispute.

The word ΤΗΙ ΚΑΛΛΙΣΤΗΙ (Ancient Greek: τῇ καλλίστῃ tē(i) kallistē(i), Modern Greek: τη καλλίστη ti kallisti; "for/to the most beautiful") was inscribed on the Golden Apple of Discord by Eris. Καλλίστῃ is the dative singular of the feminine superlative of καλός, beautiful. In Latin sources, the word is pulcerrimae.

What is your favourite quote?

Favourite 2D Sidescrolling Platformer series?

Gaming and my good memory, I guess.

My, how specific. Cave Story (I don't play many and haven't beaten this one.)

What is your favourite puzzle game?

Wario's Woods. Controlling a character that can move pieces inside the "Tetris-field" to clear up the field and make combos makes the game really involving and action oriented, which I like.

Top five favourite Smash Bros. characters?

What is your favourite quote?

Well if lyrics count then:

You only live twice, or so it seems...

One life for yourself and one for your dreams...

Nancy Sinatra

Favourite song?

Do you have any characters that you like that you barely know anything about regarding them or their series? (Eg: like how Marth, Roy, and Ike fans from SSB like those respective characters despite never having touched a Fire Emblem game).

Ice Climbers.

You?

My favourite song? I've got quite a few of those.

It's a video of my cousin performing a "pick-up song" for a friend of his. I was actually there in the audience watching him perform the song. Even as a child, I've always admired his sense of humour and how he always lightens up the mood. If only his overweight chldren song was also available on youtube...

Is there anything out there that annoys you due to how overrated or overhyped it is?

Ice Climbers.

You?

That's for Makaze and not me right?

Is there anything out there that annoys you due to how overrated or overhyped it is?

It was for Makaze, and also, yes, quite a few things. I used to feel that way about Minecraft, but it's an amazing game. Now I feel that way about FE13 a bit.

Favorite thing to do with others?

What is your favourite non-Fire Emblem game?

Ice Climbers.

You?

My favourite film? Into the Wild.

My favourite song? I've got quite a few of those.

It's a video of my cousin performing a "pick-up song" for a friend of his. I was actually there in the audience watching him perform the song. Even as a child, I've always admired his sense of humour and how he always lightens up the mood. If only his overweight chldren song was also available on youtube...

He stole that from Flight of the Conchords...

Edited by Makaze

Do you find my FE4 hate annoying?

...actually, that's not really about you, so I'll ask a different question:

If you could revive only one game series, what would it be?

Favourite FE Awakening character?

Sumia, though I haven't played the game yet so that might change when I do get to play it.

I used to feel that way about Minecraft, but it's an amazing game. Now I feel that way about FE13 a bit.

Don't worry about the FE13 hype. It's only natural for people to be hyped for a new FE game on an FE forum and I'm sure the hype will die down to reasonable levels eventually.

He stole that from Flight of the Conchords...

Oh, I know. He even posted that in the video description. And it's not really stealing if you credit the original source (though I'll admit he probably should stated it was from Flight of the Conchords before he started singing it).

Levelling up low level units into one man armies. I especially enjoy the feeling of promoting a level 20 unit, knowing that the character will become that much more powerful.

What game series have you played games from?

What do you like most about Idoun?

Her mysteriousness, mainly. We don't get to see how her personality was before the moment she got brainwashed and turned into a Fallen Angel Demonic Dragon. We only get a slight implication regarding how it was.

Although I will be honest in one extra detail, and this was around six to seven years ago mind you (could be longer though), but she did happen to catch my eye because she happened to resemble this guy. (Or at least I happened to think so.) After I played and beat FE6 for the first time, my reasons for liking her grew from there. The fact that she happens to be badass looking (especially in her dragon form) helps.

Any sort of game you were looking forward to, but were disappointed that it didn't come out on release? (Like Half-Life 2 episode 3 for a lack of more well-known examples?)

Top three favourite game companies?

Scribblenauts Unlimited is the only one that really comes to mind. I enjoyed it, but it was quite short and multiplayer Scribblenauts isn't as much fun as it sounds since non-Maxwell characters are more detrimental than helpful, especially since there's not really much they can do to help. Being able to play as anything including grim reapers, t-rexes, crates, rocks, and planes is quite fun, though.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played it yet, but probably Sumia.

Has anyone told you that you're awesome for reviving this thread? I was worried it was going to die out and I wouldn't be able to learn more about SFers here.

Disregarding the consequences you'd have to deal with afterwards, is there any really crazy things you've always wanted to do? Eg: driving a car in a mall, riding a shopping cart down a hill, etc.

Has anyone told you that you're awesome for reviving this thread? I was worried it was going to die out and I wouldn't be able to learn more about SFers here.

Disregarding the consequences you'd have to deal with afterwards, is there any really crazy things you've always wanted to do? Eg: driving a car in a mall, riding a shopping cart down a hill, etc.

Huh. Glad to help.

I always wanted to drive a car into a body of water and get out alive. Nya ha ha!

Noire or Mia?