• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

I think I only made it as far as beating valafar when he attempts to kill emeryn at the palace in ylesse(?).

what do you think of the progression of the series up to this point? disappointed in anything?

Favorite Shadow Dragon character?

Well I feel like they're moving away from European medieval and heading towards Japanese medieval. I know the Nohr side is like European but I hope that in the upcoming games they continue European style. Besides that not too much, except I wish they kept color change for forging weapons.

Have you played Ace Attorney? If so, what's your favourite case?

@Xyr- I guess for all three genres, I love the sense of adventure as well as the worldbuilding (especially in Fantasy and Sci-fi). I also find the plots for these genres a lot more interesting IMO.

If you were in Fire Emblem what weapon would you use?

@Xyr yeah I like a lot of games from an ancient times but usually if it had something to do with weapons that were used during medieval times. I do prefer medieval games.

An enchanted spear. Jk, that weapon doesn't exist. I like the elegance of the swordmaster, I would class as that and wield a Killer Edge. However, I would also like to class as a grandmaster and wield a Katarina's Bolt. The best of both worlds.

Do you watch anime?

Fate/zero is what I'll rank highest on my list.

What do you think of the use of swords and other hand-held, non-projectile weapons in anime, movies, games, etc., with modern day settings? For example, think about the swords-in-a-gunfight scenario.

Yes, I have. I enjoyed the first half of season one more than most of the rest of the series, save for the Mother's Rosario arch, which is my favorite in the series. Never got used to seeing asuna with blue hair though.

Do you like the trapped-in-a-video-game genre as a whole or just SAO?

You you consider playing Ace Attorney (or at least watch Olizandri's LP of it) if I pestered you a lot? :)

@Xyr- Fantasy- Probably Radiant Historia or Xenoblade Chronicles.

Mystery- Ace Attorney or The Room series (for iPad)

Sci-fi- when you said genres, I thought you meant books... So whilst I've read a lot of Sci-if books (my favourite probably being Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy) I've haven't played any Sci-Fi games really... :/

Edited by Fantasia

You you consider playing Ace Attorney (or at least watch Olizandri's LP of it) if I pestered you a lot? :)

@Xyr- Fantasy- Probably Radiant Historia or Xenoblade Chronicles.

Mystery- Ace Attorney or The Room series (for iPad)

Sci-fi- when you said genres, I thought you meant books... So whilst I've read a lot of Sci-if books (my favourite probably being Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy) I've haven't played any Sci-Fi games really... :/

I'm actually fairly easy to convince to try some stuff I haven't before, so give me some reasons to do so and I just might.

Well to be honest I meant all entertaiment types, not just books or games, but also movies, manga, etc.

How would you describe yourself as a gamer?

Here are my list of reasons to play/ watch Oliz's LP of Ace Attorney:

1) The cases are amazingly well written. They are both funny and sad at the same time- Think of the series being a roller coaster of emotions.

2) Memorable Characters. Miles Edgeworth, Maya Fey, Phoenix Wright, Franziska Von Karma.... I could list so many characters, and most of them are lovable. The bad guys are also amazing in this series...

3) Fun gameplay- I have enjoyed playing every single game in the series, as the Gameplay is simple, but solid.

4) Perfect difficulty- Not to easy, but not to hard.

5) The Music- enough said.

6) Voice Acting- Olizandri is really good at Voice Acting these characters (IMO). :D

7) Olizandri is playing these games really well. He isn't making any stupid mistakes (e.g. Presenting the wrong piece of evidence at the wrong time) and he is noticing the contradictions really quickly.

Here are my list of reasons. Would you consider it?

@Xyr- as a gamer, I love playing games with really good storylines (such as Ace Attorney and Virtue's Last Reward), and I especially love RPGs. To be honest, I play most of my games for music, plot, gameplay and/or characters. I don't play for graphics.

Here are my list of reasons to play/ watch Oliz's LP of Ace Attorney:

1) The cases are amazingly well written. They are both funny and sad at the same time- Think of the series being a roller coaster of emotions.

2) Memorable Characters. Miles Edgeworth, Maya Fey, Phoenix Wright, Franziska Von Karma.... I could list so many characters, and most of them are lovable. The bad guys are also amazing in this series...

3) Fun gameplay- I have enjoyed playing every single game in the series, as the Gameplay is simple, but solid.

4) Perfect difficulty- Not to easy, but not to hard.

5) The Music- enough said.

6) Voice Acting- Olizandri is really good at Voice Acting these characters (IMO). :D

7) Olizandri is playing these games really well. He isn't making any stupid mistakes (e.g. Presenting the wrong piece of evidence at the wrong time) and he is noticing the contradictions really quickly.

Here are my list of reasons. Would you consider it?

Sold. I've seen the games on Amazon. What would you recommend I try/start with? I'll rather play it myself than watch someone else do it.

@Xyr- as a gamer, I love playing games with really good storylines (such as Ace Attorney and Virtue's Last Reward), and I especially love RPGs. To be honest, I play most of my games for music, plot, gameplay and/or characters. I don't play for graphics.

Much the same myself. Although I may place more importance on the graphics than you do.

Are you looking forward to starting your Ace Attorney journey? :D

@Xyr- I guess you own a DS/3DS? :) Anyways- start with the original trilogy (That is: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (literally- start with this one first- I didn't, and it was really confusing), Ace Attorney: Justice for All (this is the one I played first...), and Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations). You could either buy the complete trilogy on the 3DS eshop, or you could buy the 3 DS games seperatley (bad wording is bad, and for that I apologise). These three games are considered to be the best games in the series, though the others are amazing as well.

I don't mind graphics, though some of my favourite games have not so pretty graphics (Radiant Historia for example is probably one of the two best RPGs I have ever played... But most graphics lovers wouldn't consider the game to be "graphically amazing". I loved the art style and the graphics in Radiant Historia btw)

I'm very much looking forward to the games, actually c:

Nintendo's handheld systems have always had great libraries, but I have never invested much time on them. I don't think I buy more than half a dozen games for any handheld I have. Ace Attorney is one of those titles that I hear is held in high regard, but never got around to checking out. but now i'll actually give a shot; credit to you for suggesting so.

And it's not that graphics make or break a game for me; I have played a lot of the old final fantasy titles, and shadow dragon, and I wasn't bothered at all. It's just good visuals can always make a good show better.

Which game series do you enjoy most?

What game series do you enjoy?

@Xyr... That's a hard one. A lot of games I tend to enjoy tend to be single games. Game series that I like though are the Ace Attorney, Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem (no, really Fantasia? ;) You are on a Fire Emblem forum after all), Final Fantasy and the Mario and Luigi series. There are others, but I cannot think of any more off the top of my head.

What platformers/racing games do you enjoy?

Favourite Lord?

Marth, Alm, and Eirika come to mind. I like them all both looks wise and personality wise, especially with how those three's flaws and weaknesses are quite noticeable compared to the other lords.