• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

My god, that is bad, I mean, that is BAD. At least most terrible movies look inspired in some way, but that...

Anyway, I actually have a strange preference, I like women who are pretty, but not too hot, more along the cute side if you know what I mean. Personality, to me, is more important, I like people who are witty, smart, and eccentric, but where I live it's hard to find those first two qualities. I've never actually had a romantic girlfriend, sad I know, I have been asked out on dates before, but I've politely turned them down.

Anyway, I'll ask you the same question.

Have you ever played any really old game consoles like the Atari/NES/Genesis/SNES?

My god, that is bad, I mean, that is BAD. At least most terrible movies look inspired in some way, but that...

Anyway, I'll ask you the same question.

I personally don't mind, since The Prodigy is epically amusing in the same way CD-I Zelda is.

Personality wise: not arrogant (preferrably shy, but being highly sociable is okay as long as they aren't too stuck up and vocal), mild-mannered, considerate, open-minded

Looks wise: long hair, cute, sincere face, a face that's calming to look at.

I own a Supaboy (portable SNES) and I have Link to the Past and Fire Emblem 4 for it, but I don't own an actual old console. My friend however, owns an NES that functions well, I've played Super Mario Bros and Final Fantasy on it, both multiplayer (we developed quite a system for playing an FF multiplayer.)

So what was your first video game?

^Have you ever had your stuff stolen - it doesn't have to be video games, of course.

What are some of your favourite (non-RPG) characters from games that barely anyone would know?

I don't think it'd be a good idea to list them all - the list would be too long - but here's a few

Ultra-Inter-Galactic-Cybot G Marina Liteyears (Mischief Makers, N64, developed by treasure, published by Enix (pre-merger) and localized by Nintendo.)

The Red Flash, Dillon the Armadillo (Dillon's Rolling Western)

If we're counting concepts besides characters,

The six playable ships of the ALLTYNEX Trilogy:

Kamui #02, Mass Production Model KAMUI,

Phoenix Mk.II, ZODIAC Ophiuchus,

Armed Saboteur Standard-Craft, Armed Saboteur Advanced-Craft

And the recurring Wave-Cannon Super-Ship Druna Skass, from the Naval Ops series.

Have you played Gradius? If so, what's your favourite setup regarding shield and option types, double or laser and which type for either, etc.

I own a Supaboy (portable SNES) and I have Link to the Past and Fire Emblem 4 for it, but I don't own an actual old console. My friend however, owns an NES that functions well, I've played Super Mario Bros and Final Fantasy on it, both multiplayer (we developed quite a system for playing an FF multiplayer.)

So what was your first video game?

Awesome. =D

It's quite fun and nostalgic to go back and experience the roots of gaming (especially older games of long running series like Super Mario Bros., Final Fantasy, and Zelda).

The very first game I can recall playing is Sky Destroyer for the Famicom/NES, though since I was 1 or 2, you could imagine badly I sucked at it.

What kind of clothes don't you like wearing? (Eg: sweaters, clothing that's too fuzzy, shorts, etc.)

How many Mario games have you played?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShrinkingViolet

Wow. The shrinking violet trope is basically my dream girl in a nutshell.

Anyways:

Donkey Kong (arcade)

Mario Bros.

Wrecking Crew

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario World

Mario Paint

Super Mario All Stars

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Yoshi's Safari

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Mario 64

Mario Kart 64

Mario Party 2

Super Mario Advance

Mario Kart Super Circuit

Super Mario World Super Mario Advance 2

Yoshi's Island Super Mario Advance 3

Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Mario Kart: Double Dash

Mario Party 4

Mario Party 7

Mario Power Tennis

New Super Mario Bros.

Mario Kart DS

Mario Kart 8

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Kart Wii

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

New Super Mario Bros. U

^Have you ever had your stuff stolen - it doesn't have to be video games, of course.

Funny you should mention that, I had my Fire Emblem 7 stolen once, but I stealthily got it back (it was by a former acquaintance). I also had one of my bikes stolen, which was sad because I love cycling, but I would have outgrown it by now anyway.

What's your favourite sport or outdoor activity.

Probably just plain walking around outside, since it's relaxing yet helps with fitness (not as much as running, but at least you don't get insanely sweaty and gross). I don't mind insanely long 30 minute to 1 hour walks, and actually prefer them over short 10-15 minute runs in terms of getting fit.

Are there any game series that you find too violent or inappropriate for your tastes? Eg: Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

Mario, or Sonic?

Who are your favourite characters to use in Dissidia?

Warrior of Light, Firion, Cecil, Squall, Cloud (to a lesser extent), Sephiroth, Jecht, Kain (there's also that other guy who only can attack in EX mode but I forget his name)

Well, that explains a lot.

Anyways:

*insert Mario games list*

No Super Mario Sunshine? 0/10

Probably just plain walking around outside, since it's relaxing yet helps with fitness (not as much as running, but at least you don't get insanely sweaty and gross). I don't mind insanely long 30 minute to 1 hour walks, and actually prefer them over short 10-15 minute runs in terms of getting fit.

Are there any game series that you find too violent or inappropriate for your tastes? Eg: Mortal Kombat, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

I'm not a fan of games which use violence, mature content, and controversy as a major focus of the game. I like games like Metal Gear Solid, because I really enjoy it's stealth mechanics, varied characters and complex plot over the blood and gore. I'm not too much a fan of the examples you've given, and if I were to name a game in particular I dislike because of it's inappropriate context, it's GTA.

So what's your favourite action adventure game/series?

What are some of your favourite female characters in gaming?

Mario, or Sonic?

Warrior of Light, Firion, Cecil, Squall, Cloud (to a lesser extent), Sephiroth, Jecht, Kain (there's also that other guy who only can attack in EX mode but I forget his name)

No Super Mario Sunshine? 0/10

Mario, it's not even a contest. Sonic ripped off quite a lot of what Mario did (Mario Paint, Mario Kart, Mario Party, you name it), the Sonic fanbase is way worse than the Mario fanbase, Sonic's arrogance grinds my gears to no end, and Mario's mainstream games have always been strong in quality while Sonic's have sunk down with games like Sonic 2006 and Sonic Unleashed. Though so I don't sound like a Sonic hater, I enjoy the Sonic Advance series quite a lot and found it really fun and exhilarating (especially with the option to choose between different characters).

Awesome. The EX mode guy is Gabranth, by the way. You share quite a lot of mains with me. My Dissidia mains (I only played the first one) are Cecil, Golbez, Jecht (it took a while to get his combos down), Warrior of Light, Squall, and Firion.

I didn't own a Gamecube (even with my Wii's backwards compatibility, Gamecube controllers and memory cards are hard to come by, especially memory cards) and only played those listed Gamecube games at other people's houses.

My absolute favourite female game character is Samus Aran, her suit looks absolutely awesome, and on the inside she's quite attractive. She's a lot like Link, as you put most of yourself into her character, and you feel like the badass bounty hunter, exploring the alien worlds you must venture. So I guess the reason I like her is she is an immersive character to play as in the games, and also her design. (Other M Samus does not exist)

There's several Fire Emblem characters I like as well, like Jill, Severa, most characters in the Minerva Archetype. Terra and Celes from FFVI, the two female protagonists from FFV, Midna from Zelda TP, GLaD0S from Portal and Skyward Sword Zelda. I'm sure I'm going to remember more later as well.

What's your favourite Pokemon?

^Favorite platformer?

(If you don't play platformers feel free to pick another genre.)

Have you played Gradius? If so, what's your favourite setup regarding shield and option types, double or laser and which type for either, etc.

I played Gradius III on the SNES (alongside Super R-Type, but that's not your question) mainly FOR the options (and bits and force, but that's not your question).

My primary setup, if I can even remember it, was Hawk Wind, Energy Laser, Orbiting Options, Orbiting Shield, and. . . Speed Down? I don't think I ever actually got to the "!" category without credit feeding.

If I used Type Mode, I don't remember the setup. Most likely was Set I or Set II.

(I'm still wondering if we'll ever get a game like Gradius Neo Imperial. Playing as a Big Core?)

That's a tough one, I guess it depends on how platformer is classified. If Metroidvania style games count, then it's certainly Metroid, if not, then it's a toss up between Portal or Mega Man. I'm also fond of Mario games, but not as much.

What is that in your profile pic?

What's your most memorable elementary school memory?

What's your favourite Pokemon?

If I had to pick just one, it's probably Togekiss. Though I have a lot of favourites like Blastoise, Nidoking, Politoed, Lanturn, Tyranitar, Aggron, Flygon, Lucario, Haxorus, Krookodile, among others.

How many Pokemon games have you played?

What kind of clothes don't you like wearing? (Eg: sweaters, clothing that's too fuzzy, shorts, etc.)

Wow. The shrinking violet trope is basically my dream girl in a nutshell.

Anyways:

Donkey Kong (arcade)

Mario Bros.

Wrecking Crew

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Mario World

Mario Paint

Super Mario All Stars

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Yoshi's Safari

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Mario 64

Mario Kart 64

Mario Party 2

Super Mario Advance

Mario Kart Super Circuit

Super Mario World Super Mario Advance 2

Yoshi's Island Super Mario Advance 3

Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Mario Kart: Double Dash

Mario Party 4

Mario Party 7

Mario Power Tennis

New Super Mario Bros.

Mario Kart DS

Mario Kart 8

Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Kart Wii

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

New Super Mario Bros. U

That is a huge ass list, man. XD

Anyway, I don't like dresses, sleeveless tops, and shorts or skirts that are too short. I can't stand strapless anything or anything that's remotely scritchy or itchy or whatever. That's my main problem with materials like wool. Also, wearing heels is the worst thing ever. There is absolutely no charm in wearing something so impractically dangerous.

I thought you would say you like Shrinking Violets, and I was right. :D

Well, that explains a lot.

I know, right? It's amazing how much it fits me.

Are you content with your personality?

So what's your favourite action adventure game/series?

At the moment, I'm going with Tales of Xillia

Mario, it's not even a contest. Sonic ripped off quite a lot of what Mario did (Mario Paint, Mario Kart, Mario Party, you name it), the Sonic fanbase is way worse than the Mario fanbase, Sonic's arrogance grinds my gears to no end, and Mario's mainstream games have always been strong in quality while Sonic's have sunk down with games like Sonic 2006 and Sonic Unleashed. Though so I don't sound like a Sonic hater, I enjoy the Sonic Advance series quite a lot and found it really fun and exhilarating (especially with the option to choose between different characters).

Awesome. The EX mode guy is Gabranth, by the way. You share quite a lot of mains with me. My Dissidia mains (I only played the first one) are Cecil, Golbez, Jecht (it took a while to get his combos down), Warrior of Light, Squall, and Firion.

I didn't own a Gamecube (even with my Wii's backwards compatibility, Gamecube controllers and memory cards are hard to come by, especially memory cards) and only played those listed Gamecube games at other people's houses.

And if they were ever to fight? Who wins?

Ah, okay. Golbez and Jecht were the two villains that I just couldn't compete against and Cecil is just too cool for using both light and darkness. Warrior of Light is just average to me, Squall sort of fits my personality (Bonus points for Gunblade), and Firion with all those weapons is son versatile. You should try the second one, its a real hype up from the first, with some new features, a few more characters, and a more in depth telling of the story (which is now open worlded)

I see. Thats understandable

What's your most memorable elementary school memory?

Our school had a talent show, and we presented our talents at the gym during an assembly. I built a giant Lego Castle and showed it off, and it was amazing the amount of people who came to look at it and gave me praise, especially since I was mostly bullied throughout elementary. Looking back on it now, it was hardly my finest work, but it certainly was a memorable one.

Forgot to ask a question: How did you get into Fire Emblem and what was your experience during your first game?

Edited by Knight

How'd it all happen for you?

Forgot to ask a question: How did you get into Fire Emblem and what was your experience during your first game?

It's all written in my profile, but I'll say it anyway. Marth's appearance in Smash was the major catalyst, which sparked a TON of head cannons of how he would be like. Then I came across Shadow Dragon, which was the first I FE I ever played. I fell in love with it and beat the game at least 30 times over lol

@ Knight: So what made you start posting in this thread more? I'm quite glad you did, since this thread is my favourite way of getting to know people better, but I'm curious to know.

@ Hero-King: What's your opinion on CD-I Zelda?

How disturbing is this speech?

It's really messed up, especially since it's probably coming from someone who's likley hypocritical about being the victim of such a situation and would scream and panic at the sight of his own blood.

Anyway, I don't like dresses, sleeveless tops, and shorts or skirts that are too short. I can't stand strapless anything or anything that's remotely scritchy or itchy or whatever. That's my main problem with materials like wool. Also, wearing heels is the worst thing ever. There is absolutely no charm in wearing something so impractically dangerous.

I thought you would say you like Shrinking Violets, and I was right. :D

How short is too short for you, personally? Around knee length is okay, right? And your parents get you to wear skirts for every time you go to Church, right?

Really? How'd you know that?

And if they were ever to fight? Who wins?

Ah, okay. Golbez and Jecht were the two villains that I just couldn't compete against and Cecil is just too cool for using both light and darkness. Warrior of Light is just average to me, Squall sort of fits my personality (Bonus points for Gunblade), and Firion with all those weapons is son versatile. You should try the second one, its a real hype up from the first, with some new features, a few more characters, and a more in depth telling of the story (which is now open worlded)

The one that survived and stayed strong through the 5th, 6th, and 7th Generations of gaming consoles. (don't bother linking me to the Screw Attack video, since Screw Attack has dead to me for a while and I'm sick of people worshipping Super Sonic and thinking it's unstoppable when it actually is when you run out of rings)

What do you mean by the first sentence? Do you mean you were reluctant to fight against them since they seemed like good people, or that they were really hard to defeat since you found their attacks hard to dodge? I personally liked Cecil's, Golbez's, Jecht's and Squall's character designs, personalities, and backstories, and Warrior of Light and Firion are quite nostalgic for me since their games were the first FF's I played except for 4 which I basically grew up with. A friend of mine let me borrow his PSP and Dissidia for quite a while (and I returned it), so I don't actually own a PSP and I won't be able to play Dissidia 012.