• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

What's your username mean and where did you come up with it?

Favourite language and why?

C# easily. It's insanely powerful and streamlines a lot of the under-the-hood work without being too much of a black box. It allows me to focus more on design patterns and intelligent infrastructure.

What would you do if you had unlimited money?

What's your username mean and where did you come up with it?

I was browsing a Japanese dictionary and looked up words for 'devil' and/or 'evil spirit'. I found ma. I had a clever idea and combined it with with the word for wind, kaze, to form a word that meant 'an ill-favoured wind' or 'the storm sent by the devil'. It was an actual word. It was my first successful conjugation of the language and my first portmanteau in any language.

I looked it up because I thought it would be a cool word. When I found out that it was a real word, I realized that it was also the direct opposite of kamikaze. Kamikaze means 'a divine wind' or 'the storm sent by god'. It is commonly associated with suicide and nationalism due to being the nickname given to suicide bombers in the Japanese air forces.

If kamikaze represents the deity, self-sacrifice, and loyalty, then makaze represents the accuser, self-fulfillment and independence.

I fell in love.

Edited by Makaze

What would you do if you had unlimited money?

I'd think about where it comes from. I'd donate ridiculous amounts to charity because wynaut. I'd live a slightly luxurious lifestyle.

Favorite sport to watch?

Edited by Comet

Favourite meal?

I'd think about where it comes from. I'd donate ridiculous amounts to charity because wynaut. I'd live a slightly luxurious lifestyle.

Favorite sport to watch?

Don't watch sports. Billiards?

You play pool? If yes, put a 20 on the table against me? >=p

Favourite meal?

Filet Mignon, cooked med-rare, from a reputable source (El Gaucho, Portland,OR) with grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes.

Do you play any musical instruments? If so, which? Are you good at em?

What is your favourite fictional character?

Hmmm, good question. If I'm going to be 100% honest about it, I'd say the first fictional character that comes to mind is Iroh from The Last Airbender because his depth as a character and artful writing was a class well beyond a kid's cartoon. He had me all choked up a couple of times watching the show.

Do you play any musical instruments? If so, which? Are you good at em?

I play the bass. I would consider myself to be a good player. I know some music theory, I've become good at learning basslines by ear, and I can make up my own riffs. I don't have much experience playing live or with anyone else, though, so I probably sound worse than I think. XD

What are some of your favorite bands?

Greatest lifetime achievement?

What are some of your favorite bands?

The Mars Volta, Tool, At The Drive In, Brazil, Chevelle, Vast, Rise Against, Silversun Pickups, Emancipator, Thrice, Pendulum, Sparta, etc etc etc

Are there any movies or games that you think get an unfair amount of hate?

As for my favourite Mario parody, vinesauce's Mario videos come to mind (they're quite inappropriate, though). I can't think of any G-Rated Mario parodies I enjoy, except for this one guy's Mario comics on deviantart (I can't remember his name, but they were suprisingly entertaining yet relatively clean).

You watch the old live action Mario movie, ever?

Are there any movies or games that you think get an unfair amount of hate?

Cool As Ice. The shitty Vanilla Ice movie. I thought some of it was very inventive and there was some entertaining direction. Someone was either really inventive or was a god damn genius. It was just the rest of the movie was so god-awful it's kinda tough to see.

The cue ball... interesting answer.

What is your username? Why did you choose it?

Gemma is the name of one of the six priests of Ys, (from the Ys series) and the surname of his descendant Luta, another character in the game. I was playing Ys Chronicles I&II at the time, and it was a part of the lore I found interesting. There is a scene in Ys I where Luta Gemma gives the main hero Adol a blue crystal necklace with special powers that has been passed down in the Gemma family. I found the scene really captivating for whatever reason. So now, I am Gemma.

Do you like Pop-Tarts? If so, favorite flavor?

Why is it interesting?

The cue ball is the one you control. It's the ball that gets stuff done. It's the plainest ball... nothing too visually appealing. But it has worth in it's function. I think that says something about you, and I found it interesting.

Have you ever broken anything out of anger?

If you could add one feature to this site, what would it be?

Have you ever broken anything out of anger?

Yes. Not proud of it.

Edited by Makaze

Do you think gamers these days are too critical and whiny about modern games?

You watch the old live action Mario movie, ever?

Yeah, and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Sure, it may not have a deep story or be true to the series, but it's an amusing movie to watch (especially at that one part where that lady tries to stick the crystal in the hole and she gets blown back so strongly her hair makes an imprint on the wall).

Not at all. Modern games are deteriorating because most people do not have the guts to boycott the bad decisions.

"If you could add one feature to this site, what would it be?"