• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Epistemology and philosophy. Love it. If people count, then individual people interest me more than anything. I love figuring them out.

What is your favourite ethical model?

I'm apprehensive about it. I do not trust myself to make the right decisions for them. I am too manipulative and selfish. I don't want to bring children into a world that might hurt them, or push my hopeless battles onto them.

You don't mention your mother much. How do you feel about her?

Yes. Ah, screw it. Introversion involves introspection. A healthy part of anyone's life. But it can stunt ambition. An unhealthy part of anyone's life.

Can extroversion be unhealthy? If so, how?

Edited by Makaze

I haven't been avoiding asking you questions. It's just the luck of the draw really, depending on what time I get on the Forum.

In your opinion, what is the worst decision that humanity as a whole has made? And why?

What do you think of my avatar/signature theme?

In your opinion, what is the worst decision that humanity as a whole has made? And why?

To forgo freedom for convenience.

What do you think of the quote "our truest life is when we are in dreams awake"?

How often on average would you say you lucid dream?

Only twice in my life.

What has been humanity's greatest idea?

How do you hinder yourself from achieving your goals?

I get seriously terrified about public speaking/performing music in front of people- so I avoid trying to do so. If I do, I have let my nerves get the better of me (e.g. I don't remember one exam I took because I messed it up so badly- to the extent where I wanted to just flee the exam and cry.)

Do you believe in deities? Why or why not?

What is your opinion on self-professed intelligence?

Professing intelligence shows you lack wisdom and prudence in using it, assuming you actually have it. Truly intelligent people have a tendency to underestimate their relative talent while truly stupid people have a tendency to overestimate theirs. It's called the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Edited by Makaze

Is there any philosophy that is good when taken to its extremes? If so, which ones?

In answer to your question- I believe that once you do make a decision, the universe does conspire to make it happen. E.g. If your mind says "I'm going to mess this exam up" then you will mess up the exam.

Extremism is a word people use to describe ideas that they consider unforgiving or overly simplistic while still being based on something that has merit "in moderation". Extremism only exists when there is something more moderate to compare to. A religion that is extreme in its entirety does not get called extremist. You don't hear people say "Satanic extremism". It is a way to shroud the bad parts of a movement in euphemism so that they can be ignored and the "true", or moderate, majority can maintain its legitimacy. A petty self-defense mechanism. Is Satanism extreme? Yes. But you won't hear them be called extremists because of it.

What do you think of Satanism?

LaVeyan Satanism is as good a religion as a religion can be without mocking itself like Discordianism. Satan is a symbol of man's individuality and self-worship. Satan is a symbol of the self as the self is a symbol of Satan. A Satanist maxim goes, "I am my own god." I like that.

What do you think of faith for faith's sake, as opposed to agnosticism?

"Best thing a person can do?" - I forgot who asked the question -

One thing people say about some of the world's worse problems is that a lot of it has to do with ignorance and a lack of understanding; I think one of the best things a person can do is willingly/actively seek to learn and grow, applying the knowledge gained to better understand the world we live in and the we interact with it. A willingness to reason and talk things over with respect, without hidden or personal objectives, can go a long way to avoding and solving a lot of problems. I don't know if this is the best thing a person can do, but I do believe it is an important one.

What's the one question you have always wanted an answer to?

Your thoughts on Deontology?

@Randoman- The Doctor (from Doctor Who, obviously) Larten Crepsley (Saga of Darren Shan) Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney) Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin and Severus Snape (obviously) Finnick Odair, and there is a ton more... :)

Do you ever feel like life has ever given you the short end of the stick at times?

What fictional character do you most empathize with?

Ooh. That's actually a bit of a tough one. I don't actually know, exactly. Maybe Applejack from MLP:FiM due to my general honesty and I am a bit of a hard worker. Or Rarity from the same series due to my attention to detail and willingness to help out with something or my sense of charity. Or maybe Stanley Yelnats from Holes because lately, it feels like I've been getting the short end of the stick in my recent dealings with fate. There might be more that I might have to figure out, or a more simpler answer than what I'm providing.

Which fictional characters do you detest with a passion, and why?

@Shezzy- happiest moment of my life.... I'm always happy. There's to many moments that could easily qualify as being my happiest (I guess making a Patronus would be easy for me?)

Your thoughts on Deontology?

Deontology is worthless. Having rules for rules' sake is pointless. It only exists because the weak and unintelligent want a static system where they don't have to do anything but obey to feel decent. It is a philosophy for the subservient.

Why do you ask questions like "Have you ever experienced {x}?"? They are yes/no questions and the ones you ask about are very common. What are you learning by asking?

Which traditionally loved fictional characters do you detest with a passion, and why?

Edited by Makaze