Just a few questions about Gaiden.

Emeraldfox

Yes, promote them as soon as possible. FE2 does not use the idea of giving characters fixed promotion bonuses. Rather, their stats simply get raised to the base stats of the promoted class. So, unless you exceed the promoted base stats, it's a complete waste to raise your stats before promotion. And I find it highly unlikely for anyone to reach the max level from early promotion (my Falcon sisters didn't, and I overused them like crazy), so there really is no benefit in delaying the promotion. Also, I never even managed to promote May because she never reached Level 20.

Yes, weapon items have infinite uses. All items have infinite uses. Still though, you should know that some items have some extra weight and might also have lower Accuracy than your unequipped weapon.

I also have a little question. I just finished Gaiden on easy mode, however I had quite a hard time. I did not grind at all. I just wondered, is it necessary to grind if you want to play it on normal mode (since I already had a hard time on easy without grinding)?

Well, easy mode gives you double exp and free character swapping. If you struggled at it, then you'll quite likely need to grind a bit when playing normal mode, as the game is otherwise the same.