The what will likely be a Magic the Gathering Thread for some reason.

Ein

AI hint #1: Call of the Haunted and Marie the Fallen One do not mix.

AI hint #2: Do not EVER chain No Entry!! to Zero Gravity, unless you want Mobius to punch your sorry face in.

I won't lie, I fucking hate infect. Though I can usually handle it.

I played nothing but Infect mirrors at the prerelease and it can be quite annoying at times, but I think the mechanic is an interesting addition.

I don't even know what you guys are talking about anymore. But back on the topic of yu-gi-oh, are X-Sabers obsolete now? I just spent money getting a deck because I thought they were decent, don't tell me I wasted all of it just because I'll have to change my deck to fit the new Ragnarok trends.

I don't even know what you guys are talking about anymore. But back on the topic of yu-gi-oh, are X-Sabers obsolete now? I just spent money getting a deck because I thought they were decent, don't tell me I wasted all of it just because I'll have to change my deck to fit the new Ragnarok trends.

X-Sabers are still good. Until the banlist hits them so yeah.

I played nothing but Infect mirrors at the prerelease and it can be quite annoying at times, but I think the mechanic is an interesting addition.

I opened a Thrun in my first pack followed by Hero of Oxid Ridge. Ended up playing Dinos at the prerelease and went 3-1.

Then opened a second Hero of Oxid Ridge in the prize packs.

Well, that's actually pretty awesome.

Was this at a sealed event where you pulled them or was it just in some random packs?

I just decided to buy 3 Eldrazi boosters, and bam.

It was crazy epic.

It actually really pisses one of my friends off, because he runs a 5-color/artifact mana ramping deck where against most people, if he can set up he totally rolls them, so instead of building an aggro deck to rape him, I just did the exact same mana ramping he did, except I started whipping out Eldrazi everywhere.

There was a great 2011 booster draft I was at where one guy pulled 3 mythics, and another couple guys pulled Planeswalkers. I think I pulled 4 Giant growths... Though at least one was shiny!

Edited by ZXValaRevan

I opened a Thrun in my first pack followed by Hero of Oxid Ridge. Ended up playing Dinos at the prerelease and went 3-1.

Then opened a second Hero of Oxid Ridge in the prize packs.

That sounds pretty good, I went 3-2 myself with BG Infect, placed 8th of 20. Got a Massacre Wurm and a Sword of Body and Mind.

Btw is there are reasonably strong and cheap deck for Standard? I didn't really pay attention in the past 8 months or so.

That sounds pretty good, I went 3-2 myself with BG Infect, placed 8th of 20. Got a Massacre Wurm and a Sword of Body and Mind.

Btw is there are reasonably strong and cheap deck for Standard? I didn't really pay attention in the past 8 months or so.

That's pretty nice. I placed... 12th of 46 I think. Something like that. There were 2 4-0's and I was one of the 3-1's. Hold on, I can check the tournament results on DCI reporter...

Eh, 13th. Must've had lousy tiebreakers... :/

Well, White Weenie Quest for the Holy Relic is tier 1.5 and can be built for ~$75.

This one did really well at the World Championships in December and costs ~$80 to build.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=745257

That's pretty nice. I placed... 12th of 46 I think. Something like that. There were 2 4-0's and I was one of the 3-1's. Hold on, I can check the tournament results on DCI reporter...

Eh, 13th. Must've had lousy tiebreakers... :/

Well, White Weenie Quest for the Holy Relic is tier 1.5 and can be built for ~$75.

This one did really well at the World Championships in December and costs ~$80 to build.

http://magic.tcgplay...?deck_id=745257

You attended the World Championships...? Interesting.

Thanks for the recommendation, I figured it'd be something like that. I'll look into it.

You attended the World Championships...? Interesting.

Thanks for the recommendation, I figured it'd be something like that. I'll look into it.

Sorry, but I haven't the resources to go to Chiba. I just read stuff online about it.

Well, hopefully it works out alright. If you let me know your approximate budget, I could get advice on how to cut costs or where you could power up the deck.

X-Sabers are still good. Until the banlist hits them so yeah.

I've been running around with a really stupid X-Saber deck in Tag Force 5. It's still a pretty solid build, though I'm running out of Tuner ideas (as much as I heart Fulhelmknight, there's times where I could really use something with less stars).

First-turn Barkion amuses me to no end.

I've been running around with a really stupid X-Saber deck in Tag Force 5. It's still a pretty solid build, though I'm running out of Tuner ideas (as much as I heart Fulhelmknight, there's times where I could really use something with less stars).

First-turn Barkion amuses me to no end.

Glow-Up Bulb and Plaguespreader are good.

Sorry, but I haven't the resources to go to Chiba. I just read stuff online about it.

Well, hopefully it works out alright. If you let me know your approximate budget, I could get advice on how to cut costs or where you could power up the deck.

I have to admit, I completly misread that part...

Anyway, I'd say budget wise I'd have 70-80$ or something.... alongside 2 Sarkhan the Mad and 1 Sword of Body and Mind, so maybe BR Vampires or something like that would be worth looking into I wish there was a useable dragon...

Anyway, I need you guys' opinions on what deck I should run on Friday

Deck 1:

4 Vampire Hexmage

4 Gatekeeper of Malakir

2 Wurmcoil Engine

1 Geth, Lord of the Vault

1 Sorin Markov

2 Mimic Vat

4 Duress

4 Sign in Blood

3 Doom Blade

2 Go for the Throat