Computer problems

Life

My computer has suddenly stopped charging. When it's plugged in, the battery icon reads as "Plugged in, Not charging".

What do I do? Did I fry something?

It reads that it's not plugged in and battery gets drained. When it is plugged in, the battery doesn't go down and my desktop reflects that (it changes every 10 seconds but doesn't change if the computer isn't plugged in).

For the time being, pop the battery and leave it plugged in. Once you're able to. . .

1. Turn the computer off.

2. Leave it plugged in for a good amount of time (at least half an hour).

3. Turn the computer back on.

If the battery gauge went up, yippee. If not, you might have to manually replace the innards of the battery. . .

I have the same problem with my laptop.

I asked my neighbor, who works with computers. he said my battery got lazy from constantly being plugged in. and it was just old and that's what happens to old batteries. He said when I buy a new laptop, I should let the battery go down to 0% at least once a month.

I did notice that when I plug it out more often, my battery did improve again. though I still totally need a new laptop...