If you could change one thing about this game...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would want in depth supports.

Art for when someone is promoted.

Trial maps and Trial map characters.

Ike and Soren ending :wub:

Mist and Rolf ending :wub:

.... there IS an Ike Soren ending, unless you mean a kinky one, but that's probably as near kinky as you probably will ever get.

and mist rolf...... meh. i like mist boyd better! :P

Edited by Bianchi

Using non-royal laguz is fun, and using one that you trained to be good just feels better and can be very useful, like my Vika on my last playthrough that capped everything but luck.

Fun, sure. Practical, no. For someone who's trying to beat the game without ever dying and without ever losing a single unit, it's just a bad idea, especially because Nailah, Caineghis, Tibarn, and Naesala are so ridiculously good without you ever putting any work into them at all. (In my experiences, ALL Laguz are XP sinks because they can't seem to make more than 10 XP even when they kill something significantly more leveled than themselves.)

As for the Olivi Grass/Laguz Stone thing, it's still a pain in the ass to use anyone but Lions and Dragons because they lose a huge portion of their transformation gauge upon being attacked. It means guys like Tigers, which should make pretty decent tanks, end up being useless because you have to pop an olivi grass every round in order to stay in form after being attacked by 3 or 4 people (which happens often later in the game.)

Another point I missed: LESS RANGED NON-BOW/NON-MAGIC WEAPONS! It's pretty retarded how every unit in the entire game ends up using nothing but wind edges, javelins, and hand axes. It's also pretty retarded because it means your archers and mages are significantly less useful than in previous FE games because now there's very, very few situations where they can attack without fear of being countered. They still have shitty HP and Defense scores, so being tagged by that counter-attack will probably end them next round when yet another ranged unit comes up to whack at them. At least Marksmen get that extra range.

Edited by sandmanccl

As much as I agree that laguz are inferior to beorc overall, using non-royals isn't always a bad idea. Ranulf, Skrimir, and Giffca all come at decent enough levels to be used, and Volug is very useful for the Dawn Brigade until part 4.