Rate my endgame team

This is my endgame team with their equipped items. I know it isn't perfect, that's why I want your suggestions. Next playthrough I want to start a hard playthrough so I think I need a damn good endgame team by then.

Ike - Ragnell

Micaiah - Thani

Sothe - Baselard

Sanaki - Cymbeline

Ena - Red Breath

Kurthnaga - Black Breath

Edward - Vague Katti

Nolan - Tarvos

Aran - Wishblade

Haar - Urvan

Shinon - Double Bow

Gatrie - Silver Lance (Forged)

Soren - Rexcalibur

Rhys - Rexaura/Matrona

Titania - Silver Axe (Forged)

Caineghis - Great Fang

Reyson -

I have too many axe and lance users I see and a lack of sword users. Any ideas for replacements?

Edited by Quirino

I've heard that usual rule of thumb with HM and Dawn Brigade is that there are typically 2 that you can raise seriously out of that bunch of fail. You also might want to replace one of the units you have with a serious sword user, such as Mia, because you'll have Alondite available to you after you kill the Burger King.

Just my opinion:

.If you're not going to bring any Royal Laguz to endgame for hardmode have someone bless a wyrmslayer it'll make it a lot easier to beat Denghesia.

.In hard mode you need to replace two (or all of them unless if you want to use one) of your Dawn Brigade members since there's not enough BEXP to field them. Since you want sword users you can replace the DB members with Stefan, Mia, Zihark(maybe) or Renning.

.Rhys is a good choice since generally he'll usually max or have high resistance by then so he can use provoke(equip a staff for him before ending phase) so the spirits will attack him instead of your low resistance units. Also since you get two nosferatu books you can place him in the cover tiles on the right side of Denghesia's map and he'll take no damage. (Only on enemy phase.)

.Brave axe would be a better choice to bless especially if they can get the double bloodtide.

.I think Soren should be replaced by Bastian to save you some BEXP or EXP for your other Greil Mercenary/Part 3 characters but that depends on how much BEXP you obtained at 3-11 if you should replace him or not.

.You can replace Aran or Gatrie for Tanith so you'll have an easier time in the desert level and the benefit of being able to double the auras with white tide.

Okay, so for HM only 2 DB units? I maybe thought I could use Nolan, Jill and Zihark. Because Jill and Zihark are both 2nd tier. Would a HM with Edward and Aran be possible or would I really need 2nd tiers?

And Stefan, I always thought he was inferior to Mia and Edward and possibly Zihark as well. Is he worth using at all? And what would be my best bet of a lance user for HM? Normally I always use Aran and/or Gatrie (I don't really like Nepehenee).

@Generic Officer: I think I will bring 1 Laguz royal, either Tibarn or Caineghis (I think bringing more takes away the challenge). And replacing Soren with Bastian? Is Bastian even worth using? Never used him/Renning/Oliver/Stefan (3rd tier units in other words), because I thought they weren't good and I always like Soren.

And I also don't like Tanith so much. I really prefer Gatrie/Aran. I think on hard mode I'll take Gatrie as lance user provided Aran isn't very good choice for HM.

Edited by Quirino

Jill isn't tier 2 at base. You'll want to feed her EXP because Dragonlord (F) absolutely dominates in 4-E.

My bad, I don't use her often because I think she's inferior to Haar in every way except speed. But still she's easier to train than Edward/Aran.

This is my endgame team with their equipped items. I know it isn't perfect, that's why I want your suggestions. Next playthrough I want to start a hard playthrough so I think I need a damn good endgame team by then.

Ike - Ragnell

Micaiah - Thani

Sothe - Baselard

Sanaki - Cymbeline

Ena - Red Breath

Kurthnaga - Black Breath

Edward - Vague Katti

Nolan - Tarvos

Aran - Wishblade

Haar - Urvan

Shinon - Double Bow

Soren - Rexcalibur

Rhys - Rexaura/Matrona

Caineghis - Great Fang

Reyson -

I have too many axe and lance users I see and a lack of sword users. Any ideas for replacements?

For your forced guys, I think Thani is useless, as there's no ponies or tin cans past 4F2. RexAura or Nosferatu is better.

My opinions on each guy:

Eddie: He's good, but I would normally question his usability in HM.

Nolan: Good option overall. Tarvos allows someone else to take Urvan.

Aran: He's not worth wasting time on in HM(or any mode), and his speed sucks anyway. Use Neph instead.

Haar: While he's good for most of the game, he's inferior to Jill in the tower.

Shinon: Excellent option. The other two snipers suck.

Gatrie: Same with Haar, except replace Jill with Neph. Or better yet, a royal.

Soren: He's an OK option, and even then, mages suck in FE10.

Rice: Redundant. You don't need to bring someone who does Miccy's job, but worse.

Tits: Redundant. You don't need three axe users. I recommend bring another sword user.

Cain: Excellent option. Even the official game guide recommends bringing him(and Tibarn)

Raisin: Good, but Rafiel is better for LTCers.

Overall, your team is good, but it could be revised as you have too many redundancies. Here is my sample team(which is a bit better than this one.):

NAME   		TIR LVL MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES  SUPPORT  WEAPON
Ike   		03  10  60  37  09  38  34  20  32  12   Soren A  Ragnell
Miccy    	03  01  38  15  32  25  25  40  18  32   Sothe A  RexAura
Sothe    	03  05  30  27  12  33  33  30  20  19   Miccy A  Baselard
Sanaki 		03  05  30  03  36  25  25  35  11  30   None     Cymbeline
Kurth 		04  20  55  15  07  08  10  21  15  15   None     B. Breath
Ena 		04  22  59  10  15  13  11  18  13  17   None     R. Breath
Edward  	03  10  53  32  09  37  37  27  23  15   Jill A   Alondite
Shinon    	03  10  55  32  13  38  34  18  29  21   Neph A   Dbl. Bow
Jill   		03  10  51  31  10  30  33  32  34  22   Eddie A  Urvan
Neph      	03  10  52  30  17  34  34  25  31  27   Shin A   WishBlade
Soren     	03  10  45  15  37  30  28  17  18  31   Ike A    RexCalibur
Mia         	03  10  49  31  11  37  38  28  25  17   Boyd A   Vague Katti
Boyd 		03  10  65  37  05  32  32  21  28  13   Mia A    Brave Axe
Naesala  	04  30  62  18  07  21  22  20  14  14   None 	  G. Beak
Cain      	04  34  76  22  04  23  17  30  22  10   None     G. Fang
Tibarn   	04  31  68  18  02  24  20  29  16  10   None 	  G. Talon

And I'm assuming the heron used is Rafiel.

Edited by DA125

Jill isn't tier 2 at base. You'll want to feed her EXP because Dragonlord (F) absolutely dominates in 4-E.

I assume you mean Part 4. Jill is good in 4-E, but nothing spectacular. I guess if you don't have Royals, though, she's probably a good deal more significant.

@TC

I think that you shouldn't bother with Rhys and Soren and pick Rafiel over Reyson. Everyone else is acceptable enough, though.

Edited by Anouleth

I assume you mean Part 4. Jill is good in 4-E, but nothing spectacular. I guess if you don't have Royals, though, she's probably a good deal more significant.

No, I do mean 4-E. She doubles all of the enemies naturally, she has the spd cap to double auras and Ashera with White Pool, she has access to Hammer for the cover generals in 4-E-1, and she can fly over the gaps on the left and right side of the map and destroy the enemies there with 1-2 range.

I'd probably consider Dragonlord (F) and Seraph Knight to be the best 4-E classes, followed by Dragonlord (M) and then Gold Knight. Maybe Dragonlord (M) above Seraph Knight just because of Hammer access as well.

Edited by dondon151

No, I do mean 4-E. She doubles all of the enemies naturally, she has the spd cap to double auras and Ashera with White Pool, she has access to Hammer for the cover generals in 4-E-1, and she can fly over the gaps on the left and right side of the map and destroy the enemies there with 1-2 range.

I'd probably consider Dragonlord (F) and Seraph Knight to be the best 4-E classes, followed by Dragonlord (M) and then Gold Knight. Maybe Dragonlord (M) above Seraph Knight just because of Hammer access as well.

Yeah, she's good, and I'm aware about Dragonlord/Seraph Knight/Gold Knight being the best classes. But 4-E is a case where because you have so many good units (eleven, to be exact), the impact that any one unit has is always going to be limited.

I would consider Dragonlord over Seraph Knight. Dragonlord (M) has better skill and more accurate 1-2 range, which is good against the Saints in 4-E-1. Although I suppose it's not quite so robust against Sages. And inferior damage to Deghinsea. I suppose it depends on how well you can handle the other sections of 4-E, which would always vary from team to team.

Yeah, she's good, and I'm aware about Dragonlord/Seraph Knight/Gold Knight being the best classes. But 4-E is a case where because you have so many good units (eleven, to be exact), the impact that any one unit has is always going to be limited.

Not in the case of those classes, though. Flying 2 range is a gamebreaker in 4-E-1 and is in fact the difference of at least 1 turn, because it's nearly impossible to clear 4-E-1 in 3 turns with just the royals and a couple of filler units.

I like your team alot actually, but I think some of your choices could be better spent on someone better. I'd take away Soren and Rhys and deploy more durable units like royals. I'm not too fond of Haar being in endgame iirc he'll have doubling issues, Jill is a superior choice. I could also do without Titania and deploy someone else who can double reliable, unless she can.

As for personal matters I'll always prefer Rolf, Leo, and Astrid over Shinnon. Also I'll never consider deploying Soren for endgame before Tormod, Ilyana, Callil, Pelleas, Laura, Rhys, Oliver and Bastian (maybe I should do an all mage PT :3).

I really like and respect that you decided to deploy Edward, Nolan, and Aran for that I'll give you a 9 out of 10.

Edward - Vague Katti

Nolan - Tarvos

Aran - Wishblade

Haar - Urvan

Shinon - Double Bow

Soren - Rexcalibur

Rhys - Rexaura/Matrona

Caineghis - Great Fang

I really like and respect that you decided to deploy Edward, Nolan, and Aran for that I'll give you a 9 out of 10.

I somehow really like the Dawn Brigade, I always take those three with me in the tower and they've never disappointed me.

And there's another point: I really don't like Nephenee. I think she's just lacking strength and in the tower my Nephenee's usually not able to kill units in 1 turn. Aran and Gatrie are always (Aran's speed will grow better once he's a lancer, believe me!)

And maybe I can train Titania so she can use SS swords as well (or use some arms scrolls), then she can bring the Vague Katti and Edward the Alondite (Titania has more movement, so Edward better have the 1-2 range sword).

And Jill over Haar... I somehow thought it would be said. So far, Haar was always a god during my playthroughs, until the tower. But should I just train Jill instead of Haar only because she's better in the tower?

Meh, I should stop only taking units with me that I like. I don't like Mia for no reason in example and that's why I never take her, though I know she's very good!

I like your team alot actually, but I think some of your choices could be better spent on someone better. I'd take away Soren and Rhys and deploy more durable units like royals.

Too many royals take away the challenge, that's why I only use one.

Thanks for your advice so far!

Edited by Quirino

And there's another point: I really don't like Nephenee. I think she's just lacking strength and in the tower my Nephenee's usually not able to kill units in 1 turn. Aran and Gatrie are always (Aran's speed will grow better once he's a lancer, believe me!)

I am pretty sure Aran's Speed growth never exceeds 35% unless he equips Blossom.

And maybe I can train Titania so she can use SS swords as well (or use some arms scrolls), then she can bring the Vague Katti and Edward the Alondite (Titania has more movement, so Edward better have the 1-2 range sword).

Units can only SS one weapon rank. Titania's max Sword rank is A.

And Jill over Haar... I somehow thought it would be said. So far, Haar was always a god during my playthroughs, until the tower. But should I just train Jill instead of Haar only because she's better in the tower?

Just use both. They're even on separate teams for most of the game. But if you must pick one for Endgame, Jill. Haar is better for most of the game, but Jill is better at the end.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

@Red Fox of Fire: I actually mean that my Aran normally doesn't have those speed issues in the tower and still doubles most enemies.

And if I use Jill, I shouldn't let Haar talk to her in 3-7 I suppose?

And if I use Jill, I shouldn't let Haar talk to her in 3-7 I suppose?

Not necessarily. It means Jill will have a tougher time compared to the rest of your team, but she'll ultimately grow much faster than she would with the brigade. This also might make Micaiah's remaining maps more difficult. It's up to you, really. If you want her to grow fast, transfer her. If you want to help on Micaiah's team and don't mind spending some extra time on her in part 4, let her stay.

I changed the team a little bit. I dropped Aran because I feel it's too difficult to raise two DB units who start at very low level. Maybe on a second HM playthrough I'll try, but for now I'll stay a bit more comfortable (and besides, I just finished a playthrough today and Aran disappointed me massively: he capped speed but not defense which he usually does).

Name         Weapon         Support          Comments
Ike          Ragnell
Micaiah      Rexaura        Sothe            Mainly a healing unit
Sothe        Baselard       Micaiah          Perhaps he can kill spirits?
Sanaki       Cymbeline                       Don't think I'll deploy her at all...
Ena          Red Breath                      Maybe I only deploy her in 4-E-3
Kurthnaga    Black Breath                    I give him a dragonfoe for 4-E-3

Edward       Alondite       Nolan            I still say he's the best TrueBlade
Nolan        Tarvos         Edward           Favourite axe user with own weapon
Jill         Urvan                           Not my favourite Dragonrider, but she seems to turn out better
Soren        Rexcalibur                      Favourite magic user, also use him for healing
Shinon       Double Bow                      Favourite bow user
???          Wishblade                       Aran's my favourite lance user, but think he's not good in HM and I don't like Neph
Mia          Vague Katti                     Also a good TrueBlade
Haar         Brave Axe perhaps?              Brave Axe helps his speed problem
Caineghis    Great Fang                      He's the best unit in game!

Rafiel                                       Best heron

How about this? I know I don't have a lot of supports, but I will figure that out when I decided my final team. Would Oscar be a wise choice for a lance user? As said in the comments, I don't like Nephenee and Aran comes at too low level I'm afraid.

Edited by Quirino

Sanaki Cymbeline Don't think I'll deploy her at all...

You might as well for 4-E-1 to 3 since she's free. Especially in E-2 to have her help in getting the Wishblade on turn 1.

Ena Red Breath Maybe I only deploy her in 4-E-3

Same as Sanaki, only Ena is useful for all 5 Endgame maps. At least more so than Sanaki, Kurthnaga, and likely Sothe and Gareth.

Kurthnaga Black Breath I give him a dragonfoe for 4-E-3

I'd say that's a waste, but it all depends on how much you plan to use him (for two more maps...).

??? Wishblade Aran's my favourite lance user, but think he's not good in HM and I don't like Neph

Marcia and Tanith are good candidates. Marcia has Str issues while Tanith might have Spd issues, so you'll have to keep that in mind. Fiona will also be good if you have enough patience to get past her early game fail. Oscar is okay, but I wouldn't suggest him; he's too mediocre for his entire existence.

You know, you don't HAVE to deploy a unit for each SS weapon. In fact, you probably shouldn't.

Aside from Micaiah with Rexuara, he only has one magic user. I don't see the problem when you consider it's unlikely he's going for standard efficiency.

How about this? I know I don't have a lot of supports, but I will figure that out when I decided my final team. Would Oscar be a wise choice for a lance user? As said in the comments, I don't like Nephenee and Aran comes at too low level I'm afraid.

Your loss =/ But if you really don't like her, Marcia or Tanith are probably your best bets due to flying. Besides which, Eddy really struggles in Hard Mode due to his poor bases and Rafiel does get hit hard by his poor movement and lack of Canto.

Edited by Pet Pikachu

Aside from Micaiah with Rexuara, he only has one magic user. I don't see the problem when you consider it's unlikely he's going for standard efficiency.

You know what I mean. Most players go into 4-E with the mentality of "I HAVE to have someone who can use the Urvan, Double Bow, Vague Katti, Wishblade, etc." It's a limiting mentality regardless of how you're playing.