My First Hack

iavasechui

Okay this is my attempt at a hack, nothing to write home about but I'm working on it.

Hopefully I'll get better at spriting so that I can make the characters look less like obvious splices happy.gif;

screen1.pngscreen2.png

screen3.pngscreen4.png

I really want to change the prologue map, but even following the tutorial I found to the letter it refuses to change. If I can ever get it to work this is what the map is supposed to look like for the prologue.

mapinprogress.png

happy.gif; not the best but it is my first map.

Currently I have imported the female myrmidon, cavalier, shaman, druid, and hero. I am using Eirika's beta animation for a placeholder for a female mercenary until I get something better.

So far the only problem I'm having with the imported animations is that the female hero freezes if she uses a hand axe with the animations on.

Ummm this is all I have at the moment happy.gif;

New Screens!

Wehavemap.pngvillageget.png

generous.pngfemmerc.png

icantseethisendingwell.png

Female Merc sprite is thanks to Dr. Sholes

Putting the vid here too

The animations are not inserted in this because I changed the map and haven't got around to reinserting them yet.

Edited by iavasechui

^_^; with the map I just need help getting it inserted, though I think I have some tile spam issues that I should try to fix first. Mugs would be AWESOME. ^_^ I do have several mugs that I'm planning on using for this if you want to see them.

Well one of the planned characters is a blind seer, ^_^; the main thing I want to do with him though is make him look less like a splice of Elphin and Erk.... heh

blind.png

But you don't have to if you don't want to. The main thing I really need though are mugs for bosses, bandits in particular. Currently this is the only minor boss mug I've made, and he's still obviously wearing Linus' clothes XD

Clay.png

I'll make boss mugs, I'm not exactly sure what you want done with the Elphin/Erk mug so please clarify, also you might want to change the eyes on your already made boss mug because they don't look like they match.

Your splices are pretty good from what I've seen so far, your maps are pretty have a nice touch, but uses too much tile spam and is a tad bit bland, but everyone has a rough start for their first time. Judging form Ayame's portrait, you should also import the cleric animation from FE8 or FE6. Good luck!

I could work on maps and some sprites.

And to insert your map,Export your map as a MAR in mappy, Get MAR array inserter, use it to insert the MAR into some freespace into your rom, and repoint the map data in nightmare and format accordingly.(For example, you put your data at 1000000, and you repoint it in Nightmare as 9000000)

I could always do it myself if you send me a patch, and I could work on importing some stuff like the FE6/8 cleric animation and map sprite, and insert your map and such.

Edited by Joerachi

Ah already using the cleric from FE8 for Ayame actually, though not the map sprite (have no idea how to get the map sprites in, which is annoying as I really wanted to use the male priest for one of my planned characters) though I'm not too happy with how the palettes for her and Isabel look at the moment -_-; I wanted to import Lilina's mage sprite as well but its animation glitched up something awful XP, Oh also imported female nomad and nomad trooper from FE6, forgot to mention that XD.

XP yeah I really need to fix that map up so it doesn't tile spam so much.... and I would love you forever if you would put the map in for me XD, though I should probably try to make it less spammy first so you only have to do it once. Maps are probably the biggest thing I need help with honestly.

As for the Elphin/Erk splice... well I was trying to make him look more exotic and mysterious, if that helps any ^_^; if it doesn't don't worry about him. Hmm the eyes don't match?He's pretty much a splice of this guy and Lloyd or was it Linus -_-, maybe its because the head is smaller... I'll need to look into that -_-;

randomdude.png

I honestly really need to start focusing on the main plotline, so far I've got small ideas for certain characters and I really need to start tying them together and deciding what I want to do with this. If anyone wants to help with brainstorming I'd love to talk with you through pm or instant messenger ^_^

Edited by iavasechui

0_0 thank you for that! Hopefully I'll be able to get the fe8 cleric and priest map sprites in now ^_^

Edit: got the priest standing animation working ^_^ now to get the moving animation working! Thanks so much for that tutorial!!!!

Edit: Priest animation is in!!!! XD now to get it to have a class name and what not (I copied the class growths and stuff from FE8) Well now to give Ayame the fe8 cleric map sprite.

Edited by iavasechui

These are a few of the mugs you wanted just tell me how many more you want and please give credit,

[spoiler=Mugs]bandit%201.PNGBandit%203.pngBandit%202.PNG

I don't really like the last one but if you want to use it you can. Also you talked about a female merc. i made one a while agofor a hack that i didn't end up finishing you can use it if you want(it's attatched) but again, please give credit.

Female Merc.zip

These are some of the planned characters so far for the hack. Heh as you can probably tell I really need to make some more male characters XD

Not everyone's class is set in stone so if you have a suggestion of any of their classes let me know ^_^

partialcast.png

I can't even pick up the concept of splicing, so I always like to see what others have come up with. but, I have a different eye than others. what I see as good, might not go over so well with the experts. taking the good with the bad, I suppose you could call it.