Weapon Icon Contest

CT075

Make an A-rank Sword.

• 16x16 box. I may or may not check this. Honor system.
  • FE colors.
  • It is the responsibility of the voters and the spriters to ask "does that look like the right weapon rank?"
  • Winner selects next challenge.

Deadline: April 5th

Ghostclown: sos.pngsosbig.png

13th: FELightsaber.png?t=1301703972

iavasechui: bloodsword-2.png

Zanryu: silverclaymoreicon.png

Camtech: wu04l0.jpg

Lord Glenn: SFIconRound2.png

Feaw: IconContest1StardustSword16x16.png

Astra: d1606d2a7cfd4a9718187e8340679d4d.png

Acey: 24zx00w.png ((wtf))

Edited by Camtech075

Mine's a simple, but obviously A Rank weapon

FELightsaber.png?t=1301703972

Sith Lightsaber.

EDIT: You do realize I don't like normal sprites and such, right? So I go ultimate awesome creations that don't turn out.

Edited by 13thshadow

I'm saying fuck special weapons, I'm keeping it to the simple formula - but with my own subtype.

You've got Swords branching to Blades? Fuck that, I'm bringin' the Silver Claymore.

silverclaymoreicon.png

Meh.

EDIT: I also must stress, the box I have around the piece is 18x18, but the sword itself fits a 16x16 box (the hilt pushes into the border, like in actual FE weapon icons).

Edited by Zanryu

Swords are the easiest to shade, IMO.

Shading in a 16x16 box is seriously just putting the darker color on one side and the lighter color on the other.

Zan, I see what you're doing there, but could you please use a 16x16 box? Otherwise that is going to bug me to death before I disqualify you on accident for some bullshit reason.

Sure, gimme a few minutes and I'll make a standalone 16x16 image. :P

EDIT: Updated to my old post, and placing it here just for good measure.

silverclaymoreicon.png

Whaddya know about claymores? Shit's smart.

Edited by Zanryu

SFIconRound2.png

One thing I might note: Instead of saying "winner selects next rank and type," you might consider saying "winner gets the choice of the next challenge". I can think of scenarios (have everyone try to make a legendary weapon, have everyone try to downscale an FE9/10 icon to GBA size, sprite a weapon based on artwork, etc.) where a rank and type might not be appropriate.

Edited by Lord Glenn

SFIconRound2.png

One thing I might note: Instead of saying "winner selects next rank and type," you might consider saying "winner gets the choice of the next challenge". I can think of scenarios (have everyone try to make a legendary weapon, have everyone try to downscale an FE9/10 icon to GBA size, sprite a weapon based on artwork, etc.) where a rank and type might not be appropriate.

Good idea. Changing.

Okay does this look better or worse?

bloodsword-1.png

I actually think your original attempt was pretty good. Keep trying, you'll do great.

bloodsword-2.png

What about this? First one's shading, and second one's hilt? I dunno I really didn't like the hilt in the first one, but I kinda liked the shading, and I really really didn't care for the second ones shading once I got a better look at it...

bloodsword-2.png

What about this? First one's shading, and second one's hilt? I dunno I really didn't like the hilt in the first one, but I kinda liked the shading, and I really really didn't care for the second ones shading once I got a better look at it...

I personally dislike that color scheme, but the shading works out alright.

Well it is called the blood sword heh ^_^;

I was thinking that it was too dark, that it had no "shine". I'd edit it to show you what I mean, but here isn't the place for that.

I was thinking that it was too dark, that it had no "shine". I'd edit it to show you what I mean, but here isn't the place for that.

Well I wasn't sure how to shade it... there wasn't a lighter red in the colors and aside from the orange I wasn't sure what to do with it... I'd like to see what you mean if you'd pm me.

Well I wasn't sure how to shade it... there wasn't a lighter red in the colors and aside from the orange I wasn't sure what to do with it... I'd like to see what you mean if you'd pm me.

I will, but not today. Probably some time tomorrow, as it's 10:30 at night where I am and I'm too tired to sprite.

I present to you;

IconContest1StardustSword.png

The Stardust Sword (becuase the hilt looks like a star and the blade represents a comet ! )

Box is 20x20, sword itself is 16x16.

It's A rank, obviously.

I'm going to ask you the same thing that I asked Zanryu. Could you please put it in a 16x16 box before it triggers my OCD and I disqualify you for some bullshit reason?