HM small amount of units

whase

ever since I found out normal mode endgame was way easier just going through with only Ike and Soren with A support, than using all those others in my team, I wondered how that would be in Hard mode. now I have never played hard mode, but I think playing the entire game with those 2 on hard mode won't be possible for me. (I'm no genious, plus I always restart when units get killed/houses get destroyed)

so here's my question, how tough is it to play hard mode with only 4 or 5 units for fighting (not counting meat-shields and healers)?

and what units would I choose to make it more easier? (since those few units will face lots of enemies, they can't be picky. fliers are a definite no, and maybe no paladins either. because of effective weapons)

Look at draft playthroughs. Although, those are harder because you have to share the good units and try to keep a low turncount. Also, effective damage sucks in this game (ballistae are probably an exception), so definitely use a flyer and some Paladins. The flexibility they offer will be necessary. Knights might be a good choice, too.

I have passed hard mode with only Ike and Marcia. It's really helpful as Marcia comes soon in the game and she's a flying unit, so she can get to Arrive spots really quickly. Apart because you give them all the stat boosters so they are beasts and pwn through everything XD