animation insertion question.

Claude C Kenny

how does dumping the animations work? are they all linked, where if I simply dump the first, they all come with it, or would all animations need to be dumped?

say I want to make a male blade lord simply by editing lyn. so, I would need to dump lyn w/sword, lyn w/bow, and then lyn unarmed, and edit all 3, and then insert all 3 back into the ROM seperately? overwriting the female blade lord animations, of course.

I should've posted half an hour ago, when my descriptions were clearer.

but can I do only one, or do I have to do all 3 seperately? I ask this because I noticed that the first file for unarmed blade lord is the same as armed w/sword blade lord.

and the first one for her with bows is actually criticals. WTF?

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny

• 2 weeks later...

Try this, load the rom you want to get the animation from, find the animation then Dump to Clipboard, then without closing Feditor open the rom you want to import the animation to, go to the spot you want to place the animation then select load from clipboard.

I have a question as well if its alright to ask here, I've imported the female hero class from FE6 into FE7 and well I must have her axe animations mixed up because no matter how I assign them in nightmare she always freezes the game when she attacks with a hand axe with the animations on. At the moment I've assigned hand axe to use map animations, but I really do want to fix this. Her other animations work correctly with no errors.

Edited by iavasechui

Try this, load the rom you want to get the animation from, find the animation then Dump to Clipboard, then without closing Feditor open the rom you want to import the animation to, go to the spot you want to place the animation then select load from clipboard.

I have a question as well if its alright to ask here, I've imported the female hero class from FE6 into FE7 and well I must have her axe animations mixed up because no matter how I assign them in nightmare she always freezes the game when she attacks with a hand axe with the animations on. At the moment I've assigned hand axe to use map animations, but I really do want to fix this. Her other animations work correctly with no errors.

is it only the handaxe that does it? have you tried swords and regular axes?

could be that you're just not setting the correct pointer in the battle animations module. it's hard to explain(and I can't see for myself or show you in any way), just make sure you're editing the correct character with the correct weapon with the correct animation.

like, for instance, if you overwrote eliwoods unpromoted sword animation with the female hero handaxes animation, and overwrote eliwood with echidna, you would have to select unpromoted eliwood as the character, choose handaxes as the weapon, and then choose eliwood w/swords as the animation. at least I think that works. someone should clarify this please.

Right above it where it says hand axe. You select the weapon type, then the animation type (custom or standard), then you select the animation. I imported the animations from FE6 into FE7 using dump to clipboard insert from clipboard... If it comes to it I'll just use the map animations for the hand axe, but that is the last resort I really don't want to use map animations for anything if I can avoid it.