Some (possible) discoveries about pairings

luigi bros

Based on this post by Celice

(I've always wondered what happens if only one person is in love with another. I assume the lover bonuses in battles operate the same, but I'm not sure of events. I would think only the mother need to be in love for inheritance to take place and not necessarily the father)

I tested this. I'm not sure if it's a "discovery", but since Celice didn't know, who I consider to be one of the best hackers on the site, I thought it may not be common knowledge.

I had a save at the end of Chapter 5. Using cheat codes and the following people, Lex, Aira, and Dew, what Celice said is true. I had Dew in love with no one, Aira in love with Dew, and Lex in love with Aira. The children were Dew's. It doesn't matter if the father is in love with the mother or not; it's purely determined by the mothers lover.

For those interested I also did some other tests. The last one, about Deirdre/Nobody is worth reading in my opinion. I put Aira's lover as Lachesis (don't aks why), one sided because as I've proved it doesn't matter if its mutual and I ended up with the substitutes. My guess is there is a gender trigger, and if the mother's lover's trigger isn't male, than it results in the substitutes.

I put Sigurd's lover as Aira, and Celice was still Sigurd and Deirdre's. I put Aira's lover as Sigurd, and the children were Sigurd's.

I put Deirde's lover as Levin, and ended up with Celice inheriting Holsety, and Levin's skills, as well as Deirdre's (not Sigurd's) but he still had the same Holy Blood.

I put Deirdre with nobody and ended up with an enemy Celice, with an Iron Sword, minor Odo Holy Blood, and these skills Wrath, Charisma, Nihil, Prayer, Critical, Ambush, Live, and Bargain. And the following stats:

HP:22

Strength:5

Magic:0

Skill:5

Speed:5

Luck:7

Defense:5

Resistance:13

Gold:6115

In everyone's profile it says nothing for leader, not even ---- just blank. On the data screen it says that Skasaha is the leader. Skasaha can still die without a game over. With every other target gone, the enemies are attacking Celice. The battle animations are always off like this though. When a playable character attacks him, it shows animations and plays the battle theme for enemies that could be recruited. However he can die with no negative effects. If everyone dies, the game keeps going, and on player phases, all that can be done is keep ending turns until the home castle is captured.

This last one is really wierd. If anyone has any comments on these please respond; I'm curious as to why this happens.

Edited by luigi bros

That last bit about Celice becoming an enemy--you should so record footage of that. It sounds really interesting.

In the unit menu, if you sort by name, is Skasaher the second unit beneath Celice? I know that Skasaher is loaded into the map through the events at the beginning of Chapter 6, and so he's on the map before any of the other three playable units. He's also loaded on the map as a player unit. That might explain Skasaher getting the leadership position. But that still makes me think the game is referencing Skasaher as the next character available after Celice in someway... and so Skasaher just gets placed where Celice would be since Celice happens to not be loaded normally. The lack of Skasaher being the official leader might be because the game was coded to directly make Celice the leader, while the unit list (and who leads it) was coded to just make the first unit that shows up the leader of the army. This last way makes a bit more sense, because then for enemy armies, there doesn't have to be information about which unit out of the bunch exactly is the leader. It's just whoever gets plopped on the map first.

I wonder if Ethlin acts the same way Deirdre does if you pair her with someone else? And what would happen to Leaf and Altenna... and Yuria. And I'm really interested in what's getting read as Deirdre's lover, even if it is junk data. Is the Iron Sword a default weapon for Celice? There is a string of data for the default skills which has Wrath, Charisma, Nihil, Prayer in the same order.

And then there's a separate list which has Critical and Ambush. But Life and Bargain aren't included together, or Life anywhere that I saw. But I just looked at the old codes of the game--I haven't really messed with this game. I'm just thinking aloud. But it's still really interesting stuff :P

Julia is a static character, so it doesn't really matter what you do to her mother. Altenna and Leaf are technically children though so might have a similar result. Evil Celice is hilarious though.

For those interested I also did some other tests. The last one, about Deirdre/Nobody is worth reading in my opinion. I put Aira's lover as Lachesis (don't aks why), one sided because as I've proved it doesn't matter if its mutual and I ended up with the substitutes. My guess is there is a gender trigger, and if the mother's lover's trigger isn't male, than it results in the substitutes.

Well, the kids are decided by the mother's lover, right? If the mother's lover isn't of any of the expected cases (all males except Cuan and Sigurd), then you get the subs instead.

I put Sigurd's lover as Aira, and Celice was still Sigurd and Deirdre's. I put Aira's lover as Sigurd, and the children were Sigurd's.

Like your first example, it's the mother's lover that decides everything. Dierdre gets Sigurd by default so it doesn't matter if Sigurd's lover is Aira.

I put Deirde's lover as Levin, and ended up with Celice inheriting Holsety, and Levin's skills, as well as Deirdre's (not Sigurd's) but he still had the same Holy Blood.

Hmm, have you tried anything with Ethlin?

I put Deirdre with nobody and ended up with an enemy Celice, with an Iron Sword, minor Odo Holy Blood, and these skills Wrath, Charisma, Nihil, Prayer, Critical, Ambush, Live, and Bargain. And the following stats:

HP:22

Strength:5

Magic:0

Skill:5

Speed:5

Luck:7

Defense:5

Resistance:13

Gold:6115

In everyone's profile it says nothing for leader, not even ---- just blank. On the data screen it says that Skasaha is the leader. Skasaha can still die without a game over. With every other target gone, the enemies are attacking Celice. The battle animations are always off like this though. When a playable character attacks him, it shows animations and plays the battle theme for enemies that could be recruited. However he can die with no negative effects. If everyone dies, the game keeps going, and on player phases, all that can be done is keep ending turns until the home castle is captured.

This last one is really wierd. If anyone has any comments on these please respond; I'm curious as to why this happens.

Okay, I have no clue where this came from.