(Pokemon) Pokemon Platinum Draft

I see a lot of people starting new drafts, so I figured I might want to give one a shot.

Rules:

Starters are allowed

HM slaves are allowed

Snake Draft

Necessary Trades are allowed (e.g. Buizel for Chatot)

People:

1.ThatGuyDownTheStreet

2.Seraphinox

3.JBCWK(?)

9.Sho.M.the.Money(?)

Pokemon

Starly/Staravia/Staraptor

Bidoof/Bibarel

Kricketot/Kricketune

Shinx/Luxio/Luxray

Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam

Magikarp/Gyrados

Budew/Roselia/Roserade

Zubat/Golbat/Crobat

Geodude/Graveler/Golem

Onix/Steelix

Machop/Machoke/Machamp

Psyduck/Golduck

Burmy/Wormadam

Burmy/Mothim

Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly

Wurmple/Cascoon/Dustox

Combee/Vespiquen

Pachirisu

Buizel/Floatzel

Cherubi/Cherrim

Shellos/Gastrodon (West)

Shellos/Gastrodon (East)

Heracross

Aipom/Ambipom

Drifloon/Driflim

Buneary/Loppuny

Gastly/Haunter/Gengar

Goldeen/Seaking

Barboach/Whishcash

Chingling/Chimecho

Meditite/Medicham

Bronzor/Bronzong

Ponyta/Rapidash

Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable

Chatot

Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu

Hoothoot/Noctowl

Spiritomb

Gible/Gabite/Garchomp

Munchlax/Snorlax

Unown

Riolu/Lucario

Wooper/Quagsire

Wingull/Pelipper

Girafarig

Hippopotas/Hippowdon

Azurill/Marill/Azumarill

Skorupi/Drapion

Croagunk/Toxicroak

Carnivine

Remoraid/Octillery

Finneon/Lumenion

Tentacool/Tentacruel

Feebas/Milotic

Mantyke/Mantine

Snover/Abomanosnow

Sneasel/Weavile

Uxie

Azelf

Mesprit

Rotom

Gligar/Gliscor

Nosepass/Probopass

Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir

Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade

Lickitung/Lickilicky

Eevee/Vaporeon

Eevee/Jolteon

Eevee/Flareon

Eevee/Umbreon

Eevee/Espeon

Eevee/Leafeon

Eevee/Glaceon

Swablu/Altaria

Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss

Houndour/Houndoom

Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone

Tangela/Tangrowth

Yanma/Yanmega

Tropius

Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior

Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir

Porygon/Porygon2/Porygon-Z

Scyther/Scizor

Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire

Magby/Magmar/Magmortar

Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine

Snorunt/Glalie

Snorunt/Frosslass

Absol

Giratina

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet

Your never going to get this filled this near of so many pkmn drafts.

If miracle happens and you get as near as 1-3 spots away full before you run out of people you may add me to the list. Just remember to send me PM if you do as Im not going to follow the possible filling of this and will probably forget by then...

Have fun :awesome:

That would be Starter solo avoiding every trainer you can, running/bikeing all the time and A spamming conversations. Unlike low turning it is pretty pointless as it comes to who is fastest in menu clicking and obstacle avoiding. Also unlike in other drafts you cant just play it easy while chatting or something.

Your never going to get this filled this near of so many pkmn drafts.

If miracle happens and you get as near as 1-3 spots away full before you run out of people you may add me to the list. Just remember to send me PM if you do as Im not going to follow the possible filling of this and will probably forget by then...

Have fun :awesome:

Maybe 15 people is too much, I should probably cut it down to 12, just to make it more "possible"

How about adding some competition, like the lowest time to beat the E4 wins? I think it's a good idea dry.gif

Should I add you to the participant list?

That would be Starter solo avoiding every trainer you can, running/bikeing all the time and A spamming conversations. Unlike low turning it is pretty pointless as it comes to who is fastest in menu clicking and obstacle avoiding. Also unlike in other drafts you cant just play it easy while chatting or something.

You could make a rule that you have to raise at least two pokemon besides your starter? It seems like it'd be more fun than a draft to me. It's not like the participants haven't already played the game...maybe I'm just not the type to see what there is to miss? I don't usually talk to random npcs while playing pokemon, and don't see the point in wasting time

and no, don't sign me up yet unless there's some competition

Edited by Xander

What are the overall rules of a "draft"? I've never encountered one before.

Well in a pokemon draft you say which pokemon you want to use for an entire playthrough, and throughout that playthrough you are only to use those pokemon you have drafted. They are somewhat more fun for Fire Emblem.

You could make a rule that you have to raise at least two pokemon besides your starter? It seems like it'd be more fun than a draft to me. It's not like the participants haven't already played the game...maybe I'm just not the type to see what there is to miss? I don't usually talk to random npcs while playing pokemon, and don't see the point in wasting time

and no, don't sign me up yet unless there's some competition

What about something like highest level pokemon without grinding. Or maybe something related to that.

@ThatGuyDownTheStreet

Thanks for that man, makes sense.

When do you plan to start, I might join depending on that...

All drafts start when there are enough participants. For most drafts I've seen, there has been no problem with this. I guess maybe choosing Pokemon Platinum wasn't such a great idea...

Well in a pokemon draft you say which pokemon you want to use for an entire playthrough, and throughout that playthrough you are only to use those pokemon you have drafted. They are somewhat more fun for Fire Emblem.

What about something like highest level pokemon without grinding. Or maybe something related to that.

Not quite what I had in mind. I'll post if I change my mind or come up with a compromise idea.

Im still saying there cant be working competition in pkmn draft as fanbase dont have the same efficent thing going on as in FE... And highest not grinded pkmn = Starter solo

Lowest amount of pkmn center uses wins

most money left, Vs seeker banned

Edited by Sho.M.the.Money

What about a point system based on levels. For example, if had 2 pokemon at level 71, 3 pokemon at 65, and my last at 75, I would have 412 points. This would eliminate starter solos. No grinding would be allowed. Thoughts?

Now we're getting closer to something more interesting..

Curious, do you have any suggestions to make this a bit better or do you think that this would be a good challenge?

It sounds like a fun idea to me, but don't sign me up unless there's some kind of competition involved. Playing through pokemon games for fun is really boring to me with grinding and capturing a million pokemon, even though platinum is my favorite pokemon game, if I wanted to randomly play through it I could just do it myself.

It sounds like a fun idea to me, but don't sign me up unless there's some kind of competition involved. Playing through pokemon games for fun is really boring to me with grinding and capturing a million pokemon, even though platinum is my favorite pokemon game, if I wanted to randomly play through it I could just do it myself.

Alright, well that's your decision, if you change you can come back if there is still space.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...