So Wait, is Manfloy Sara's Paternal or Maternal Grandfather?

Renall

This has been bugging me. She doesn't actually say. Nor does she actually say which order her parents died in (the order of her sentence suggests her father died after her mother, but that makes no sense unless Manfloy is retarded so maybe she just phrased it that way).

I'm also a bit confused about how she can use the Kia Staff. Is it because of Manfloy's bloodline (she says the Kia is Manfloy's staff, though not whether he can use it) or the bloodline of her other parent? If it's the former then it seems more logical that Manfloy is her maternal grandfather (killed her father for messing with his daughter) but if it's the latter it seems more sensible for him to be paternal (killed his son for knocking up some broad who can use the magic un-stoning staff). Except then he would've just killed her mother... so I guess it makes more sense for her to be Manfloy's maternal granddaughter.

Meh, screw it.

Sara:

"You don't have to look like that. My parents are dead' date=' too. Mama died when I still little. Papa...was killed by Grandpa because he loved Mama. It was before I was born."

[/quote']She clearly says her father died before her mother. However, she doesn't mention whether Manfroy is her maternal or paternal grandfather. I think it can be pretty reasonably assumed he's her maternal grandfather, though. Why else would he leave her mother alive and then care for Sara afterwards?

August:

"A certain staff called the Kia can revive petrification. However' date=' Manfroy, the Lopto Archbishop, has sealed that staff, and it can only be used by those of his heritage."

[/quote']

Self-explanatory.

Edited by Silvercrow

Manfroy is Sara's grandfather. Manfroy had a daughter who married without telling her father and after Sara was born Manfroy killed his son-in-law and his daughter died some time after.

She clearly says her father died before her mother. However, she doesn't mention whether Manfroy is her maternal or paternal grandfather. I think it can be pretty reasonably assumed he's her maternal grandfather, though. Why else would he leave her mother alive and then care for Sara afterwards?

Yeah, I really can't think of any other reason. Makes you wonder if she got her looks from her dad (which would make him a very... interesting-looking guy) or if Manfloy was just a purplish-haired prettyboy in his own youth.