Possible pokemon speed run draft idea

Xander

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes
    • No, but maybe with some rule changes it can work
    • No one will ever want to do this
    • No

I've been wanting to play a pokemon game again, but I can't find any inspiration. After thinking about it, I realized it's gotten boring because it's the same thing every pokemon game. Go through, catch pokemon, grind, and own the game. No strategy, no excitement. I want to do a speedrun of a pokemon game, and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested if I started a draft over either one of the Sinnoh games or HG/SS, in which the contestants compete for the fastest time to beat the elite 4. Obviously this would cause problems in that everyone could solo the game with their starter, so I thought about adding a rule where after you've caught you're first drafted non starter pokemon, you can't use your starter until you've earned two more gym badges than you have at the time. If your first pokemon doesn't arrive until after the 7th gym, then you can't use your starter for the 8th gym and elite 4. I feel like this adds more thought to picks, and I think it would be fun to have a pokemon draft involving competition. I'm open to any ideas on how to change this and make the rules better so more people will be interested. So, what do you guys think?

The best IMO would be to force people to have their drafted pokemon all within 5 levels of each other (between the highest and the lowest), and the person with the lowest level at the E4 wins. All drafted pokemon have to be used or something, idk.

What about lowest time, but all of your drafted pokemon have to be within 7 levels of each other after the elite 4? I'd like to hear some more suggestions on what would make this better.