Integrity Plays Thracia!

Integrity

If you want the RNG to not screw you, then boost your stats and use accurate weapons.

The game is known for missing with ridiculously high percentages and getting hit with low ones.. I didn't mean that it wouldn't help at all, but it's still going to annoy the crap out of anyone.

Also, caps are aren't a very big deal in most FE games unless enemies have obscenely high stats.

Of course caps are a huge deal in this game. Asvel caps speed before promotion even though he gets a +5 bonus just from promoting. This is the game where caps are the biggest deal.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, this is new for me. I just went to wake up and post the video and ...srs beat me to it and made me feel all warm inside.

EDIT: 13: shit, I dunno. Like ...Karin, 'cause she's ultra-hotness and Fin cause he's ultra-hotness. Probably Brighton for the same reason...uh, Leaf because I said I would. ...Selphina, maybe.

Edited by Integrity

I've never actually played Thracia yet myself, so I only have my memories of Dio's run to help me help you. When you said to assume you knew nothing, I presume that doesn't include the recruitment or gaiden unlocking criteria, right?

Also, can I recommend that you not let Olwen die? If you don't want to recruit her, that's fine, but don't recruit her and then sacrifice her so you can get Eyrios.

Olwen's cuter than Eyrios anyway.

Per gaidens: I don't know the requirements for all of them but I know to look for the requirements.

I think you'd have more fun trying to stay as blind as possible... at least, not taking advice from members on who to use or what to do :awesome:

That said I am horrified there aren't more archers in this game... they look so smexy in Thracia's style, especially female snipers.

Not really. It's as if the RNG is biased against you.

Nope, the RNG is the RNG, and discriminates fairly. You just think it's biased against you because 80 displayed hit is actually 80% hit, whereas in later FEs it's 92.2% hit. Naturally, not having the 2 RN system to skew hit rates (generally) in your favor and (generally) not in the enemy's favor will tend to make most players think that the RNG has bias, but it's definitely fair.

I suggest training Asvel's Fire rank enough to use Meteor. I also suggest restarting some chapters for some goodies, like 17A for the Warp staff (I used Olwen's Bolting and Dean's Dragon Lance crit to catch the Dark Bishop boss with Warp) and 21x for a Sleuf remove to Silence all 3 Warp using bishops at the same time. A remove in 24x would help as well if you Rewarp Sety into the center room to kill the Berserk wielding Dark Bishop. It might be a bit too annoying though.

I'm just going to point out that there are better strategies for those maps listed then hoping for movement star procs.

Of course caps are a huge deal in this game. Asvel caps speed before promotion even though he gets a +5 bonus just from promoting. This is the game where caps are the biggest deal.

Also not true. Caps are a big deal in FE10 and FE3 DS because spd caps in particular prevented units from doubling enemies. In FE5, it doesn't matter if you cap spd at 20 because most enemies have terrible stats. The only instances where stat caps actually matter in FE5 are chapter 8x (Asvel can't double Gomez with any available weapon) and final (Zwolf, Zwei, Funf have max spd and Elf can't be staffed without using the magic floor).

Anyway, I know every chapter's 0% SSS strat off the top of my head, but such a playthrough will hardly be "blind." The one piece of advice that I think would really help Integrity is that so long as you obtain all of the Warp staves in the game (except the ones in 12x and 24x) and use Repair on your chapter 7 Warp staff diligently, you shouldn't worry too much about running out of Warp uses. Rescue is in a lot shorter supply.

Edited by dondon151

More entertaining than other LPs I see people on this forum do. Well, it's not hard when the rest aren't :/

So, wait, are you saying that this isn't entertaining except by comparison? :p

If you're referring to the thing to which I think you're referring, that was because if he went to the forest only one of the archers aggroed him while the other charged Evayle. I wanted to chance his encounter with the pair rather than guarantee the one.

@Llen: I don't know?

So, wait, are you saying that this isn't entertaining except by comparison? :p

Naw, it's good on its own (not the best, like a raocow0video though XD). Then add in that other LPs of Fire Emblem generally suck balls, hard (the vanity of its players is too evident, as is the playing at a certain image) and yours just gets an aura of shiny-shine.

Escape from the dungeon! Now it's time for three chapters in a row that I dislike, hate, and dislike before a fourth chapter that I also dislike before I get my convoy. Finally!

Seeing as how you're going to be using save states frequently and do stuff to change outcomes, you should know that you can change outcomes by simply going into the 'Unit' menu.

If it's helpful to you, you can let difficult enemies capture one of your weaker unequipped units in order to cut the their stats in half. Just don't let the captured unit be someone with valuable inventory since enemies will instantly take their items upon capture unless the item is a personal weapon like Repair, Light and Earth Swords.

Although this chapter wasn't handled so well, at least you didn't choose to just stay and fight all reinforcements.

If you're planning to watch long-term, know that I will absolutely botch chapters. A lot. :P

I don't intend to abuse states so much later, but unfortunately I've done these early chapters enough that I'm sorta set in my beliefs as to how they're done. That cools off immediately after Chapter ...Shiva and Fin and Safy, though.

If it's helpful to you, you can let difficult enemies capture one of your weaker unequipped units in order to cut the their stats in half. Just don't let the captured unit be someone with valuable inventory since enemies will instantly take their items upon capture unless the item is a personal weapon like Repair, Light and Earth Swords.

I'm pretty sure that enemies will take personal weapons upon capture, too.

Also, I noticed you weren't doing it directly, but I thought Lifis/Lara/Pahn could just straight up yoink tomes without needing an intermediary to capture.

(Probably that's build related though?)

I'm pretty sure that enemies will take personal weapons upon capture, too.

Before:

280phxx.jpg

Pirate 1 attacks due to having randomly generated 9 BLD.

Pirate 2 captures:

After:

1ze80w1.jpgamw6jb.jpg

Also, I noticed you weren't doing it directly, but I thought Lifis/Lara/Pahn could just straight up yoink tomes without needing an intermediary to capture.

(Probably that's build related though?)

They can and he should be doing that.

At this time, he can have Lifis steal the basic Thunder and Fire tomes he'll run into in the upcoming chapters.

Edited by Sirius

I thought you couldn't steal equipped weapons? Or is that only FE10? If you can steal equipped weapons this changes everything.

Edited by Integrity