NES ans SNES Games Worth Playing?

Doom103

FE1: No, unless you're a real hardcore fan

FE2: Worth a play, but probably lowest on the priority list

FE3: Yes, although it's a little clunky at times

FE4: Yes

FE5: Yes, although it's much harder than most other FEs

Where to find them in English? You'll need to find the Japanese ROMs first (you'll have to find them yourself as they're illegal) and then apply the English translation patches (listed here).

I'd only suggest playing Ankoku if you know what you're doing though. A few of the commands may offset players initially, if they're really accustomed to the GBA games.

In rank of suggestion, gameplay:

1) Seisen (FE4)

2) Gaiden (FE2)

3) Thracia (FE5)

4) Monshou(FE3)

5) Ankoku (FE1)

In rank of suggestion, going by I-never-played-an-old-one-give-me-one-like-GBA-games:

1) Thracia (FE5)

2) Monshou (FE3)

3) Ankoku (FE1)

4) Gaiden (FE2)

5) Seisen (FE4)

Seisen is a game every SNES/Super Famicom fan should play--it's just a good game, not just a good Fire Emblem.

Since FE1 is being remade for DS, I don't suggest you play it, it'll spoil the DS version for you.

But if you don't intend to play the DS version, go ahead.

And on a side note, I just saw Snake's codec conversation on Marth in Brawl. Isn't it just awesome?

Oh and PLAY FE4! NOW! (I never got the translation patch for it to work though, does anyone know where I can find the script?)

they converted it to flash and its in English as well... just don't expect it to play like a normal FE game... its plays more like a Shining Force game...though not exactly.

... They're ROMs and emulators being ran online.

"Converting" binary data into flash for every game is not something that can sanely be done. With that many ROMs uploaded to the site, you do the math.

if you want to play FE2 just go to 1980-games.com

they converted it to flash and its in English as well... just don't expect it to play like a normal FE game... its plays more like a Shining Force game...though not exactly.

That's what I did :D

• 5 months later...

This topic died way back in July. After so many months, I think Doom has decided whether or not the NES and SNES games are worth playing.

Archived