Favourite Dawn Brigade Character?

Revoked

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite Dawn Brigade character?

• Micaiah
    • Edward
    • Leonardo
    • Nolan
    • Laura
    • Sothe
    • Aran
    • Meg
    • Volug

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard for everyone. He will get weighed down by the Steel Axe until ~lv16, and even then he's not going to be doubling anything with his poor AS.

This is why you give him a cheap Iron Axe forge. Besides, the only ones that double are Ilyana for a couple chapters, the premotes, Volug and a lucky Edward.

Actually...Ilyana only doubles on 1-3. :awesome: In NM, she can only double a few 9 AS Fighters at 1-5. And that's it.

Nolan not-doubling isn't a problem. It's a problem for people like Edward, Leo and some others at the DB because they have no redeeming qualities like being able to take more than two hits and 2HKO back, like Nolan does. Besides, the only thing that doubles Nolan are Myrmidons, until he can get that Str/Spd up.

Actually...Ilyana only doubles on 1-3. :awesome: In NM, she can only double a few 9 AS Fighters at 1-5. And that's it.

Nolan not-doubling isn't a problem. It's a problem for people like Edward, Leo and some others at the DB because they have no redeeming qualities like being able to take more than two hits and 2HKO back, like Nolan does. Besides, the only thing that doubles Nolan are Myrmidons, until he can get that Str/Spd up.

Some Soldiers in 1-2 can double him if he has base AS and they are bit blessed in Spe

Has happened to me twise

Some Soldiers in 1-2 can double him if he has base AS and they are bit blessed in Spe

Has happened to me twise

Yes. And saying that the only thing that doubles Nolan is myrmidons is wrong unless we're assuming that he's going to grow his speed twice in his first two level ups, which most people aren't going to care to reset for. Otherwise he's doubled by cats in 1-4, as well as Tigers when wielding the steel axe.

Edited by Xander

Nolan is the best DB after Sothe and Volug.

Why the hell do I care?

Edit: I sincerely hope you're not trying to start an argument over personal opinion. Read the title of the thread. Your favourite Dawn Brigade Character. There's a time and place to argue about personal experience meaning nothing, but it's not here and now.

Edited by Xander

WHY ARE YOU BEING SO HOSTILE AND DEFENSIVE ABOUT IT? IS YOUR BIAS AGAINST NOLAN THAT BAD TO MAKE YOU SAY HE SUCKS JUST BECAUSE HE HASN'T PLEASED YOUR NEED FOR A GOOD UNIT ON THE WHIM OF AN UNFORTUNATE RNG ROLL?

I DON'T BRING UP PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHEN TALKING ABOUT A UNIT TO OTHER PEOPLE. AND EXCUSE ME UNIT = CHARACTER. BECAUSE THE PERSONALITY OF A CHARACTER HAS TO DO WITH THE WAY A CHARACTER PERFORMANCE.

Also, you double-posted.

Edited by Soul

WHY ARE YOU BEING SO HOSTILE AND DEFENSIVE ABOUT IT? IS YOUR BIAS AGAINST NOLAN THAT BAD TO MAKE YOU SAY HE SUCKS JUST BECAUSE HE HASN'T PLEASED YOUR NEED FOR A GOOD UNIT ON THE WHIM OF AN UNFORTUNATE RNG ROLL?

I DON'T BRING UP PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHEN TALKING ABOUT A UNIT TO OTHER PEOPLE. AND EXCUSE ME UNIT = CHARACTER. BECAUSE THE PERSONALITY OF A CHARACTER HAS TO DO WITH THE WAY A CHARACTER PERFORMANCE.

Also, you double-posted.

I'm being defensive because this isn't a debate thread, so there's no reason to disagree with a personal opinion to sound cool. Yes, I think Nolan sucks, because not only is he a chuck norris wanna be, but he's also not worth using when I have units like Jill, Zihark, Sothe, and Volug to use to get by the DB chapters (who either have a better start or more potential then him, and he's taking experience away from). He gets doubled by soldiers and fighters as early as 1-2, and if he doesn't grow speed or strength in his first level up, that's not going to change. I don't really care for him, he's not my favorite, I'll probably never like him, and who are you to try and change that?

Edited by Xander

I'm being defensive because this isn't a debate thread, so there's no reason to disagree with a personal opinion to sound cool. Yes, I think Nolan sucks, because not only is he a chuck norris wanna be, but he's also not worth using when I have units like Jill, Zihark, Sothe, and Volug to use to get by the DB chapters (who either have a better start or more potential then him, and he's taking experience away from). He gets doubled by soldiers and fighters as early as 1-2, and if he doesn't grow speed or strength in his first level up, that's not going to change. I don't really care for him, he's not my favorite, I'll probably never like him, and who are you to try and change that?

The problem is that "Nolan sucks" is more than a "personal opinion." You're making a claim others can disagree with, and they will. I'm not a fan of Nolan here, but he definitely does not suck, and as far as good or bad characters go in terms of gameplay on this board, that is pretty much fact.

Also, :facepalm: @ the experience argument.

The problem is that "Nolan sucks" is more than a "personal opinion." You're making a claim others can disagree with, and they will. I'm not a fan of Nolan here, but he definitely does not suck, and as far as good or bad characters go in terms of gameplay on this board, that is pretty much fact.

Also, :facepalm: @ the experience argument.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif I don''t even want to argue. It's not my intention to, ever. His character sucks. He also sucks as a unit for my playstyle, the way I play the game. I don't really care about anyone else, nor will I start to, or have to, because this thread is what is your favorite Dawn Brigade Character. Why should you make it a life mission to convince me that Nolan is cool, or doesn't suck, just because you can and will disagree with what I think?

Also, why are you Facepalm_emote_gif.gif at the experience argument? How are you supposed to determine which characters you like and dislike except through your own experiences? Apparently I'm not allowed to for myself? You're both making me like Nolan even less now.

Edited by Xander

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif I don''t even want to argue. It's not my intention to, ever. His character sucks. He also sucks as a unit for my playstyle, the way I play the game. I don't really care about anyone else, nor will I start to, or have to, because this thread is what is your favorite Dawn Brigade Character. Why should you make it a life mission to convince me that Nolan is cool, or doesn't suck, just because you can and will disagree with what I think?

Also, why are you Facepalm_emote_gif.gif at the experience argument? How are you supposed to determine which characters you like and dislike except through your own experiences? You're both making me like Nolan even less now.

I said in my post I'm not a fan of Nolan. I don't like him. But liking him and him being good are two completely different things. You didn't say "I dislike Nolan's character and don't like using him," you said "Nolan sucks." Yes, this topic is for favorites, however, you're the one who strayed from that path. It's not my life mission to convince you of anything, just to halt the spread of misinformation.

I :facepalm: at the experience argument because everyone steals experience.

I said in my post I'm not a fan of Nolan. I don't like him. But liking him and him being good are two completely different things. You didn't say "I dislike Nolan's character and don't like using him," you said "Nolan sucks." Yes, this topic is for favorites, however, you're the one who strayed from that path. It's not my life mission to convince you of anything, just to halt the spread of misinformation.

I :facepalm: at the experience argument because everyone steals experience.

Okay

I don't have much experience with RD Hard Mode, but I don't recall it being difficult for Nolan to avoid being doubled. Especially after 1-4, since Speed is one of his highest growths (easy to raise with BEXP) and Iron Axe forges are available, relatively cheap and don't weigh him down. However, this isn't a stat thread, so this discussion is largely irrelevant.

What's more important is: How is Nolan similar to Chuck Norris?

I don't have much experience with RD Hard Mode, but I don't recall it being difficult for Nolan to avoid being doubled. Especially after 1-4, since Speed is one of his highest growths (easy to raise with BEXP) and Iron Axe forges are available, relatively cheap and don't weigh him down. However, this isn't a stat thread, so this discussion is largely irrelevant.

It's alright to talk about their stats, considering a large group of people must be taking characters based on their stats/performance.

Alot of people most likely seem to relate him to Chuck because of his physical appearance and the fact the at he's a great unit for the DB. Maybe it's just the former.

If you don't have much experience in it, you probably shouldn't argue it. After 1-4 assuming Nolan's grown his speed twice he's still getting doubled by myrms (which are near the start and appear as reinforcements in 1-5). We have half as much bexp in HM, and bexp costs more to use per level up on top of that...wait a minute, why are people still bringing this up? I'm really sorry I don't like Nolan. Soul answered the second question anyway, even I knew that one.

Edited by Xander

If you don't have much experience in it, you probably shouldn't argue it. After 1-4 assuming Nolan's grown his speed twice he's still getting doubled by myrms (which are near the start and appear as reinforcements in 1-5). We have half as much bexp in HM, and bexp costs more to use per level up on top of that...wait a minute, why are people still bringing this up? I'm really sorry I don't like Nolan. Soul answered the second question anyway, even I knew that one.

I still find it funny that your arguement of "Nolan sucks" is just "He gets doubled by Myrmidons".

I still find it funny that your arguement of "Nolan sucks" is just "He gets doubled by Myrmidons".

Maybe you can't comprehend that I think Nolan sucks because I don't like him. I don't like his personality, or how he can't fly, canto, OHKO, or contribute to the team in any significant way until part 3. I still find it hilarious that you ask why I find you annoying and don't like you when you continually harass me for not liking one of your favorite characters, and refuse to drop it, instead beating a dead horse. This is a personal opinion thread, shut up if you don't like someone else's. At the very least don't be an a-hole to someone you don't agree with at every turn.

Edited by Xander

Maybe you can't comprehend that I think Nolan sucks because I don't like him. I don't like his personality, or how he can't fly, canto, OHKO, or contribute to the team in any significant way until part 3.

Maybe you can't quite comprehend what others are saying, reason why the arguements even last. Nolan doesn't suck because you don't like him. In that case, it would be "I think Nolan sucks"- NOT "Nolan sucks because I don't like him".

@Bold: Sothe and Zihark can't fly either, and neither can they 1HKO, at least not without Beastkiller (Sothe) or without a critical. Nolan can 1HKO with a Hammer and Beastfoe just fine in Part 1. I also love it how you ignore the fact he helps you out before 1-5.

I still find it hilarious that you ask why I find you annoying and don't like you when you continually harass me for not liking one of your favorite characters, and refuse to drop it, instead beating a dead horse. This is a personal opinion thread, shut up if you don't like someone else's. At the very least don't be an a-hole to someone you don't agree with at every turn.

Again, the problem is you continually misunderstand what others are saying. No one is harassing you. I'm not a fan of Nolan. But you make it seem as if I am, and that I'm trying to enforce you to like him. Big mistake. I'm just trying to make you recognize that he doesn't suck just because you don't like him. I dislike Sothe. And yet, that doesn't mean he sucks.

Edited by Soul

Maybe you can't comprehend that I think Nolan sucks because I don't like him. I don't like his personality, or how he can't fly, canto, OHKO, or contribute to the team in any significant way until part 3.

Why can't Nolan contribute until Part 3? Besides the premotes and Laguz, isn't Nolan the only unit who isn't 2RKO'd by everything? Plus, he consistently 2HKO's most enemies (except Bosses, Knights without the Hammer and Laguz). And so what if Nolan's doubled by Myrmidons? Everyone else is ORKO'd by them (well, except Edward, who is still 2RKO'd like Nolan).

That's beside the point though. What matters is: We're not arguing with you because you say you dislike Nolan, because that's your opinion. It's when you say Nolan sucks, because you're trying to pass off your opinion as fact, that people start to correct you. Please understand the difference.

Also, I don't think Nolan looks much like Chuck Norris, but whatever.

Edited by Radiant Dragon