Empty Sapce?

Zath of the Sword

So I was looking through the ROM for empty space in HexEditor. I went down to 0D00000 and saw that it was no longer empty, I and originally put a map there but that was all however many of the bytes after were the map was were no longer empty, and on the right side it seemed to show they were text... Whats going on here? I assume it has something to do with the Text editing i've been doing in Feditor. Is it safe to treat it as empty space?

FEditor doesn't like it when you open a rom that was edited by something other than it.

If you opened it in FEditor after you inserted your map, it shouldn't have touched that space. And therefore would have appended stuff at the end of the rom, aka expanding. Unless you fixed the checksum and managed your memory properly that is.

The only possible conclusion is that you had opened FEditor at the same time as inserting your map with the MAR Array inserter or messing with something with Nightmare. That's a no-no, unless you want crap to go down.

I see yes I did have them open at the same time, guess I'll have to not do that. Should I start over with a new ROM or what?

Yes, you should start over with a new ROM, that, or move your map somewhere else.

Edited by shadowofchaos