Transfer question

okay, thanks for the tip.

I just think that the lv20 thing sucks. I play hard mode, I never the abuse boss trick, and i focus to end a map as fast as possible.

I always end with 1 to 2 lv20 promoted characters, sometimes 0.

And some of my characters have a lot of stats capped at lv 10-15 promoted.

This is just stupid

I just think that the lv20 thing sucks. I play hard mode, I never the abuse boss trick, and i focus to end a map as fast as possible.

This is just stupid

Yeah, it's not really practical to get transfers while playing efficiently. It doesn't help that some of the best characters in FE9 have relatively worthless transfers, although generally it's the other way round (such as with Nephenee, Jill, Titania, Marcia, Ike, Boyd, Tanith).

You have to be level 20 with the stat capped to gain transfers.

Sothe, Callil, Largo and Devdan work differently.

Sothe gains his level 20 PoR stats in RD if they are hihger then his standard RD stats.

Callil and Largo's transfers both go to Callil.

Devdan's Transfers are mysteriously added to Danved though Danved is most deffinitely not Devdan.

Sothe gains his level 20 PoR stats in RD if they are hihger then his standard RD stats.

He gains his level 20 PoR stats even if they are lower than his RD bases. I ran into this once on a Hard Mode run, where Sothe had less than 35 HP at level 1.

Interceptor, you should try to get Sothe form 1-20 in PoR without gaining a stat and transfer that to RD. See what happens.

Also, Weapon experience and A supports for Bonds don't require the unit to reach level 20. So, for example, you can recruit Calill in PoR and never field her and she'll still come to RD with her weapon levels maxed.

Interceptor, you should try to get Sothe form 1-20 in PoR without gaining a stat and transfer that to RD. See what happens.

Probably what will happen is that I'll go insane from 1) playing Random mode, 2) resetting the game constantly, and 3) using Sothe seriously in PoR. But I'll bet that was your plan right from the start, Doctor Claw.

I am kind of curious if there's some sort of failsafe minimum sets of stats for him, though. Otherwise Part 1 would be kind of hilarious, what with Sothe getting 2HKO'ed in his joining chapter, and weighed down by Beastkiller in 1-4.

Probably what will happen is that I'll go insane from 1) playing Random mode, 2) resetting the game constantly, and 3) using Sothe seriously in PoR. But I'll bet that was your plan right from the start, Doctor Claw.

I am kind of curious if there's some sort of failsafe minimum sets of stats for him, though. Otherwise Part 1 would be kind of hilarious, what with Sothe getting 2HKO'ed in his joining chapter, and weighed down by Beastkiller in 1-4.

Remove Blossom and only level him through BEXP. That at least gets rid of #3 and makes #2 a bit less painful.

Unless I'm mistaken, you need to transfer Calill and Largo to get Largo's transfers on Calill. Calill can get her own transfers without Largo, however.

Okay then:

I've transferred Calill and Largo at the same time and seen that Calill gets no bonuses from Largo.

Is that better?

I'm pretty it depends on if you have a fixed disc or not. In the end I think it was something like this:

If you do not have a fixed disc - Largo's stats won't transfer no matter what.

If you have a fixed disc - Largo's stats will transfer but not stack, and possibly only if Calill also reaches level 20.

I don't have a fixed disc and I know I can't transfer Largo's stats to Calill.

I think what you said about having a fixed disc or not may actually be true. It's no wonder some get different results while doing the same thing.

This is just stupid

This. My most recent playthrough saw Rhys cap Magic, Skill, Speed, and Resistance. BUT HE WASN'T LEVEL 20.

Don't stat growths get affected as well?

Its cake if you have a fixed disk and can transfer easy mode (PoR) files to RD. I do not so alas... A good way to do it is just map out who you want transfered and if its a small enough team, use them on Normal mode and get them to level 20. BEXP helps with that.

I highly recommend NM, then. I don't boss-abuse either. I just aim for max BEXP though chapters.

I never played Normal Mode. FE9 is my very first FE and from the first time I have inserted the disc into the gamecube I have choosen hard mode - I have the european version -. I play hard mode because the game is spicy and I think playing normal mode would not be quite a challenge thus I would waste my time.

When I will have RD, I plan to directly play the hardest mode possible, and since I have the european version I suppose hard mode will be transfered to hard mode and normal mode to normal mode.

I may help to indicate, I'm just on a run with an active Sothe, chapter 20 (?), lv18, 31HP, 17str, spd20, skl20, 11def.

Edited by Repulsif