Rekka No Ken Modules

Colonel M

I couldn't find any of them, so I wondered if they even exist. They just have to be adaptable for the JP Rom, which sadly they aren't with the modules from FESoS. I'm sorry to ask this. >_<

All you need to do is port the addresses, considering they have the exact same functions and programming. The US modules could probably be used for the JP ROM.

If you're looking for the Beta ones, there used to be some listed at FEU. You're gonna have to go through the archive if you want to find them.

I tried using the ones that are given from FESoS onto the rom. They won't work. So unless I'm porting it wrong. I only want it for the JP version because of x3 effective Mt, sadly.

Search non-pointer bytes in a table that are unlikely to be changed between versions, e.g. item statistics, using a hex editor. I'd suggest a string of length 8 if possible, although smaller ones might work too (and longer ones might NOT work). You should find the Japanese equivalent of the U.S. version of whatever table you're doing this for, and from there, find the beginning of the entry (taking into note the U.S. format). If the formats are the same, you can simply backtrace to the beginning of the pointer table by going back in your hex editor until you see data that doesn't look like it's part of the table (e.g. a bunch of 0xFF's or other random bytes that couldn't be it). By doing that, you'll find where the pointer table starts. Write down that offset, make a copy of the U.S. module (and probably label it accordingly e.g. "FE7 Item Editor (J)"), and open it up use notepad or some similar program. Edit the offset (should be something like 0xB39128, i.e. it'll probably start with '0x' and have 6 hexadecimal digits after that) to what you recorded earlier. Save, and try and load the new module with your Japanese ROM. If the format and data really are the same, it should work. If not, you'll have to make more edits to the Nightmare module to accompany for those changes, which I have no intention of telling you how to do due to the specifics that involves, as well as the fact that it's a tedious and time-consuming process that I'm not at all interested in.