Random Questions

Hello all, I'm new to the boards here. I have played most of the FE games, but am currently replaying PoR. I got a few questions that hopefully you all can help me out with:

1) When using the Arms Scroll, is it possible/how do i choose which skill it is applied to? For example, I promoted Kieren and gave him bows. Is there a way to use the Arm Scroll to increase his bow skill?

2) This game does not show how close a character is to increasing a weapon skill level (like some of the others do). If I use an Arm Scroll, does it just bump up the skill level, or does it add a FULL skill level? That is, is it better to use an Arms Scroll RIGHT AFTER a level gain, or does it not matter?

3) This is an opinion question--who is the best character to use Occult on? Is Aether the way to go?

4) What are the coins used for?

5) I got a couple questions regarding transfering to RD:

-Do I need to have a completed save file on my memory card? or does it keep track of completed games? Basically, do i have to keep one of the 5 save slots at the completed part?

-If I do need to keep the save, what chapter should it be saved at? I assume I need an "Epilogue" save?

-If I have more than 1 completed save, how does RD chose which save to import characters from?

TIA for the help. I've played the game a lot and understand all the in-game components really well. It's just that some of the items and save file issues have me confused.

Hello all, I'm new to the boards here. I have played most of the FE games, but am currently replaying PoR. I got a few questions that hopefully you all can help me out with:

1) When using the Arms Scroll, is it possible/how do i choose which skill it is applied to? For example, I promoted Kieren and gave him bows. Is there a way to use the Arm Scroll to increase his bow skill?

2) This game does not show how close a character is to increasing a weapon skill level (like some of the others do). If I use an Arm Scroll, does it just bump up the skill level, or does it add a FULL skill level? That is, is it better to use an Arms Scroll RIGHT AFTER a level gain, or does it not matter?

3) This is an opinion question--who is the best character to use Occult on? Is Aether the way to go?

-Do I need to have a completed save file on my memory card? or does it keep track of completed games? Basically, do i have to keep one of the 5 save slots at the completed part?

-If I do need to keep the save, what chapter should it be saved at? I assume I need an "Epilogue" save?

-If I have more than 1 completed save, how does RD chose which save to import characters from?

TIA for the help. I've played the game a lot and understand all the in-game components really well. It's just that some of the items and save file issues have me confused.

1) Have him equip bows then use an Arms Scroll.

2) It bumps up the skill level.

3) Most people go Resolve/Wrath on Ike instead of Aether, it's a matter of preference. Resolve/Wrath is easier to defeat the Black Knight. I usually give Occults to Paladins, Boyd, and Sages.

4) In this game, nothing besides 1 Gold. In a transfer file from PoR to RD, all coins that you complete the game with will be in the GM's inventory in Part 3.

5) You need a completed save file, with the "Epilogue", and you need to keep the saves. RD simply reads the Memory Card when it's inserted. Also, you choose the save file to import from.

1) Have him equip bows then use an Arms Scroll.

2) It bumps up the skill level.

3) Most people go Resolve/Wrath on Ike instead of Aether, it's a matter of preference. Resolve/Wrath is easier to defeat the Black Knight. I usually give Occults to Paladins, Boyd, and Sages.

4) In this game, nothing besides 1 Gold. In a transfer file from PoR to RD, all coins that you complete the game with will be in the GM's inventory in Part 3.

5) You need a completed save file, with the "Epilogue", and you need to keep the saves. RD simply reads the Memory Card when it's inserted. Also, you choose the save file to import from.

Thanks! I am still slightly confused on the Arms Scroll. Should I wait for my character to increase a skill level before using it? Or does it add the same weapon experience regardless of when you use it?

Ike can't have Resolve for the Black Knight fight, though. You get it in that map.

Thanks! I am still slightly confused on the Arms Scroll. Should I wait for my character to increase a skill level before using it? Or does it add the same weapon experience regardless of when you use it?

If your character has been fighting, it might be best to wait, since it'll take the level from B to A, or wherever it's at, regardless of the current weapon experience. So whether you're at C with 0 WExp or at C with 40 WExp, it'll take the level to B with 0 WExp.

If your character has been fighting, it might be best to wait, since it'll take the level from B to A, or wherever it's at, regardless of the current weapon experience. So whether you're at C with 0 WExp or at C with 40 WExp, it'll take the level to B with 0 WExp.

That is what I figured. Is there a way to see how much WExp you are currently at? The GBA ones had a meter underneath the current Weapon Level

That is what I figured. Is there a way to see how much WExp you are currently at? The GBA ones had a meter underneath the current Weapon Level

There is not, unfortunately. I know, it's very annoying.

As Red Fox of Fire pointed out, Resolve isn't available during the Black Knight fight. And while Resolve is probably the best skill for Ike in the last two chapters, there's no reason not to give Ike Aether in the interim: it is quite clearly the best mastery skill and he puts it to great use. The other mastery skills are underwhelming, but Sol (for Paladins), Luna (for Devdan, Brom, or Gatrie), or Cancel (for the Hawks, if used) are the best of the rest.

1. Yes. Just make sure he's equipped the bow and use the Arms Scroll on him. I dont think it works on say, raising Soren's staff level because in PoR, staves are not automatically equipped when a unit has another weapon.

2. That, im not sure.

3. Thats really up to you in my opinion. You get like three Occult scrolls in the game. One of them SHOULD go to Ike. But there are other options. You could give Ike Wrath and Vantage as well. (or Adept/Vantage) I usually give one Occult to a paladin (Titania or Oscar mostly since they get a lot of combat action.) and one to Mist for shits and giggles.

4. They dont have any use in PoR really. If you sell them, they are only worth like 1 gold. Keep them. If you use a transfer, they transfer over to RD and you can use them to add bonuses to forges.

5. You have to have a completed game. So yes, the Epilogue save. If you have more than one game file on there thats complete, YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHICH FILE TO USE. Also note: Most RD disks have a glitch that if you have an Easy mode file on your memory card (even if its not finished or the one you arent choosing.) the game will hang. So use Normal and/or Hard mode files just in case.

:)