Thracia: Movement Stars are for Champs

Vykan12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAlV7dVtE_8&feature=feedlik

I dunno, it may be manipulating, but it doesn't exactly break any game rules. TAS runs are often based on exploiting the game for all is worth outside of directly modifying the game to make a faster run possible. Utilizing complete possibility until no possibility is left, and then going no further than what is possible.

Edited by Celice

TAS's can very impressive, but it seems just stupid in an FE game. All TAS'ing would be is just a way to always get perfect RN's so you always crit the enemy and they always miss you, etc. It's not like tool-assistance can really help you with the more interesting aspect of strategy unless you scripted a genius program to always give you perfect moves (but you could do that without even altering the game, so that wouldn't really be cheating).

You don't understand Celice. Beamcrash doesn't TAS the game, he hacks the RN state. If you want to see the difference, watch my TAS WIP videos. Beamcrash doesn't move the RNG by cursor movement, because he doesn't have to - and uses the animations to hide the jumpcuts in his videos. He even told Rolanmen1 this is exactly what he did, so I'm not just speculating here, although speaking as an actual TASer I spotted the difference quickly enough before it was confirmed.

Example video so you can see the difference.

Edited by Toothache

Is that for Fe5 too? I understand it (and can see evidence of it) in the Fe6 vids, but in Fe5 he seems to move the cursor a lot and idle on enemies before attacking him.

Also, in a different Fe5 TAS I remember Dean getting the exact same level up 5-10 times in the same chapter (+6, move, and remove). Is it possible that hovering over enemies advances the RNG in Fe5?

Is that for Fe5 too? I understand it (and can see evidence of it) in the Fe6 vids, but in Fe5 he seems to move the cursor a lot and idle on enemies before attacking him.

Also, in a different Fe5 TAS I remember Dean getting the exact same level up 5-10 times in the same chapter (+6, move, and remove). Is it possible that hovering over enemies advances the RNG in Fe5?

I would assume it's not simply hovering, as constantly exiting and entering the combat window too fast for the eye to see. I am pretty sure entering and exiting the combat preview screen does advance the RNG.

But yeah, I just watched those FE6 vids too, and that was pretty blatant. Those vids were also produced after the FE5 ones, so maybe he hadn't switched to direct hacking by that point?

I would assume it's not simply hovering, as constantly exiting and entering the combat window too fast for the eye to see. I am pretty sure entering and exiting the combat preview screen does advance the RNG.

But yeah, I just watched those FE6 vids too, and that was pretty blatant. Those vids were also produced after the FE5 ones, so maybe he hadn't switched to direct hacking by that point?

I think the Fe6 vids were produced first. Check the chapter 24 vid or epilogue vid, they were produced like a year ago.

He actually uses regular tasing in the first couple vids (chapter 1, 2 maybe 3). I think it just became more interesting to use 1% crits, perfect level ups, and low hit rates than waste a shitload of time for the RNG all the time. (Vid 8x has oujay getting double crit at 1% to save a turn I believe.)

Which makes it a bit more interesting, because if it's still possible to get that possibility, is it really cheating out a video or map, then? Putting the odds in your favor is one thing... but. It's a fun idea. The RNG for Fire Emblem games, and indeed most games, is not actually random. It is, then, somewhat controllable by the player. It might be a bit like level grinding... if the effort is going to be put in to achieve an end, what's wrong with a short cut if nothing happens which would not happen otherwise? This is not to say I agree one way or the other... but it's still fascinating.

But there's a huge difference in giving yourself the same thing you would end up with, or giving yourself what you want in order to be efficient... by means of forcing RNs which are favorable, rather than likely... but that's... if it were possible in the first place to setup such an event in the normal game... There's a lot of conflict here which is beautiful to sort out but I don't think others will find it as interesting :(

Edited by Celice