Imported Animation Issue

ShadowSP

So I've been putting some of the FE8 classes and animations into FE7 to use for (maybe) a future hack. Using FEditor, I got the mage knights, wyvern knights, and all of them in and working properly. The female shaman animation had that classic cape waving graphical problem, but I put that aside, because all of the other animations were perfect.

I finally decided to go back and try to fix the cape issue, and I read somewhere that if you put the mage class animation on a mage class animation slot, the cape waving is hard-coded to the slots. So I moved my Great Knight sword animation off of slot 5C (Sage F) and moved it to slot 93 (Linus Unarmed), where Shaman F had been. I then put Shaman F on slot 5C. After resetting the animations using nightmare (trust me, they were done correctly), I booted up FE7 to test my work. Turns out, the Great Knight animations remained perfect, but the Shaman F animation would not play and it did that sound that it makes when something goes horribly wrong.

Went back to a backup that I had made before doing this. Kept the animations in place (So GK sword: 5C, Shaman F: 93) and inserted over Shaman F some fixed Shaman F graphic I downloaded from somewhere (no clue where, tagged with "By MarkyJoe1990") and booted up FE7 to test again. Shaman F worked great. Great Knight sword did the same thing Shaman F did above. No clue why. So then I swapped the two, thinking something about magic classes (that didn't really make sense, but in frustration, I was willing to give it a go). Same problem. Great Knight sword did not work.

These were all in-place insertions over existing animation slots, so if my edited battle animations are correctly specified (I believe they are, seeing as I double-checked them every time I did the above process), there should be no catastrophic failure, right? I just have no clue anymore. Graphics have never been my forte.