Heya guys. A quick question for ya. I've been playing this game on DesMume and not enjoying it in the least, due to the constant slowdowns, at times to the level of outright unplayable. Now, I would have played it on No$, but the game loops at the beginning of the Prologue.

I know that people have successfully played this game on No$, and was wondering what the fix was? Is it a setting I need to change, something I need to download? I apologize if this has been asked already, but I was unable to find it in my search.

There's always no$zoomer. I use that. plays perfectly.

Well, I got the ROM patched, so it is working now, though I had tried No$Zoomer and had the same problem as before. The only issue now is that, because the ROM is patched with the patch that lets it run, I can't apply Blazer's translation. Not a huge deal since I can get by without it, but it is certainly a pain.

On that note, Blazer/Luffy/Whatever else you go by, if you happen to see this, just let me know if I am missing something, please~

Well, I got the ROM patched, so it is working now, though I had tried No$Zoomer and had the same problem as before. The only issue now is that, because the ROM is patched with the patch that lets it run, I can't apply Blazer's translation. Not a huge deal since I can get by without it, but it is certainly a pain.

On that note, Blazer/Luffy/Whatever else you go by, if you happen to see this, just let me know if I am missing something, please~

There's a reason you can't always apply more than one patch to a ROM. It's mathematically ambiguous.

Try applying the patches in the other order. That sometimes works.

It might not be so simple was that. Blazer could have used a funky dump of the game which was slightly off in some erroneous regard. While negligible for actually booting the game, when patching, it can cause some serious damage. I'm guessing Blazer never actually compared his dump with a NDS-release list so he could accurately list what version of the game he used in his modification.

I seem to recall the early dump of the ROM came prepatched, much like those Pokemon games, to ensure compatibility. The patch was to revert the pirate block, if I remember correctly. You can do the same thing with a ram-modifying device, like codebreaker or action replay or whatever they're called now.

• 2 weeks later...

alright. Here is what you do.

FIRST, get the clean rom.

Patch it with Blazer's patch.

Now open the fixed rom in dslazy and extract the arm files. Now unpack the translated one and drag/drop the arm files from the fixed game to replace the one in the translated one. This should give you both the translation AND fix.

^Alternatively patch the fix first, on a separate ROM use the old translation patch, and copy the files in the data/m/ subfolder over to the fixed ROM. :P

Different order but essentially the same XD

Sorry for the inconvenience, most people use Desmume so... (and the patch is old as hell >_>)

• 1 month later...