Magic the Gathering

Man, felt so good when I bought 3 Eldrazi boosters, then got Emrakul, the Aeons Torn in one, Ulamog the Infinite Gyre in another, and then an It That Betrays in the third.

But it feels about as bad that the Zendikar block is no longer legal in Standard format, my Eldrazi mana ramp was one of my favorite decks. Not that I ever got Emrakul out.

Well Zendikar is legal until Sept. 30th when the new block is released after M12, the new set Innistrad

Un fortunately basically all of my standard decks have something from the zendikar block and my kickass Vampire deck will be null and void

Also the backbone of my Kor deck Stoneforge Mystic is becoming banned in July WTF

Edited by The Thief's Assassin

I'm lucky that the only Zendikar block cards in my Myr Battlesphere deck are 2 Tectonic Edges. I'll be sad to see them go, but I'm looking forward to putting in Buried Ruin.

Also the backbone of my Kor deck Stoneforge Mystic is becoming banned in July WTF

With all of the Mythic Rare Swords and Living Weapon cards in Scars block, it had to happen.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

well still there is a cost and it isnt a gamebreaking card

Um... yeah, it is. Not only does it let you tutor for your best equipment, it also lets you put them on the field for a ridiculously low cost (Batterskull for 2 mana? Yes please.).

It was really the Scars equipment that made it broken. It was simply solid in Alara/Zendikar standard.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

a Strandwalker, Hammer of Ruin, two Pennon Blades, two Explorer's Scopes, a Trusty Machete, Sword of Vengeance, Warlord's Axe, Kitesail, Silverskin Armor, Piston Sledge, Strider Harness, Barbed Battlegear and an Adventuring Gear and i took out a Blazing Torch yesterday

Edited by The Thief's Assassin

Pennon Blade equipped to a Knotvine Paladin in an Exalted deck makes a really big creature.

Well, it's not like you can't use Stoneforge in casual games. You just can't use it in Tournaments or FNM.

• 2 weeks later...

Baneslayer.

That's what I thought. Which is sad, because I really like Serra Angel.

The M12 prerelease was fun. Besides getting 2 Elixirs of Immortality (which are better than I thought in Limited), I also pulled a Sun Titan and the new Garruk.

• 3 weeks later...

Baneslayer.

Also M12 red is insane (especially considering how terrible it was in M11). Blood Ogre just eats everything

Man, pulled two Furyborn Hellkites, how the fuck does that happen? (Well I did buy a 2012 booster box) And I actually shit bricks when I first saw Blood Ogre. All the red Bloodthirst cards are pretty legit though. Bloodthirst in general is pretty cool, but it's just so much easier to abuse as Red (though black bloodthirst is pretty cool too because of shit like Tormented Souls)

That's what I thought. Which is sad, because I really like Serra Angel.

The M12 prerelease was fun. Besides getting 2 Elixirs of Immortality (which are better than I thought in Limited), I also pulled a Sun Titan and the new Garruk.

I really really wanted Garruk Primal Hunter, but I got Gideon Jura instead 8[.