This seems like it would be easy, but

General Horace

This is probably very obvious, and I'm missing something, but I'm trying to make the Emblem Lance a unit's prf weapon, make it 1-2 range, and give the user a +5 skill boost. I by using the stat boost codes for say, Armads I could give it +5 defence, or a secret book, to give a +2 skill, but I don't know how to make it +5 Skill. The said unit is also not a lord, so I am unsure of how to make it locked to that particular unit.

I've made it 1-2 range, but the 2 range animation doesn't work, and I'm assuming it's due to the fact that there is no 2 range animation for this particular weapon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard that axe 1-2 range is hard-coded, and presumably you'd need to set a spell animation if it's a sword or...something. If it's still a lance, I couldn't say.

Emblem weapons are from FE6, correct? My suggestion....Is to use Zephiel as the base for your character, and give the emblem lance the same codes as Eckesachs(Zephiel's prf)

This may or may not work, and it doesn't account for the skill bonus...but its worth a shot.

This is probably very obvious

Indeed it is. You need to use the spell animation module to give the emblem lance an animation, assign it one of the weapon locks in the item editor, and then give it a stat bonus using the custom stat bonus editor module (don't remember the exact name). All of the tools you need are in the item module folder.

Indeed it is. You need to use the spell animation module to give the emblem lance an animation, assign it one of the weapon locks in the item editor, and then give it a stat bonus using the custom stat bonus editor module (don't remember the exact name). All of the tools you need are in the item module folder.

Alright, I've got the animation stuff done, but I have a few more stupid questions.

For the weapon lock, I see stuff like Eliwood/Lyn/Hector/Athos lock, Lyn/SM lock, and Unused weapon lock. I don't know exactly which one to use, as the character it's supposed to be for isn't using any of the above character's data.

And I opened the stat booster editor, and I don't understand how to use it at all. The emblem lance's code in the item editor is 0x81, so I punched in 5 in the SKL bonus in the respective box in the module, and nothing happened.

Core, the Emblem weapons were extra weapons that you could get off the MK:DD bonus disc in FE7, along with some other items that I can't remember.

Edited by General_Horace

For the weapon lock, I see stuff like Eliwood/Lyn/Hector/Athos lock, Lyn/SM lock, and Unused weapon lock. I don't know exactly which one to use, as the character it's supposed to be for isn't using any of the above character's data.

Use any of them, just remember to give the character who uses the weapon the lock you used in the character editor module in the character ability section.

And I opened the stat booster editor, and I don't understand how to use it at all. The emblem lance's code in the item editor is 0x81, so I punched in 5 in the SKL bonus in the respective box in the module, and nothing happened.

You take the offset (the 0x8....) number in the top drop down menu of the stat bonus editor (after assigning it a bonus of course), and type that into the stat bonus pointer in the item editor.

Use any of them, just remember to give the character who uses the weapon the lock you used in the character editor module in the character ability section.

You take the offset (the 0x8....) number in the top drop down menu of the stat bonus editor (after assigning it a bonus of course), and type that into the stat bonus pointer in the item editor.

I'm really a handitard today.

So, I picked the Lyn Weapon Lock in the item editor, what exactly would I use? I see "Unlock Mani Katti/Sol Katti" but that can't be right either.

What value would you assign in the item editor next to Stat bonus to give it extra skill? I only know of the codes for Armads/Secret Book/other weapon codes.

Alright, for the item give it the Locked to Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, or Athos lock (Under weapon ability 3). Then give the character the corresponding unlock skill (Like unlock Mani Katti or Unlock Rapier).

For making custom stat bonuses you open the Stat Bonuses Editor.nmm. See how the first option says "FFF2A0 - pointer 0x8FFF2A0"? This is the pointer you would write down in the item editor after you decide what stat bonuses you want. You don't give the item an existing pointer, you use the NMM to make your own.