Why is Thracia 776 so expensive?

Kysafen

29f6ac40.png

I mean, really?

Is it the fact that it's one of the (if not the) last SFC games to ever be released? Were only a limited amount of SFC Memory Carts/Standalone cartridges manufactured? Because I highly doubt its market price would or should go by rarity alone.

And it's not like you're getting a fucking factory sealed copy of Chrono Trigger or EarthBound. Nobody I know, sans this community, would go through the trouble to get a SFC or converter just to play this game, letalone get the damn game in the first place. Seriously, if price went by demand, you'd think Seisen'd be the most expensive. But alas....

Well, first, you only need a converter if you're playing on a PAL system. On a U.S., all you need to do is snap off two small, useless tabs inside the cart dock whose only purpose is to stop JAP carts from being inserted. Fancy stuff that.

Last I checked, FE5 was the second to last SFC game released. I dunno which version of the cart is that... but there's the flashed-cart version from the Nintendo Power service and then there's an actual cart released, which I'm not sure if it was separate or not from the collectors edition (looks like it could be from that auction pic).

Pretty much it's perceived to be rare first and foremost, and so people price it to reflect that. There's rarer games, but I think this game might be a but low in commodity compared to other games. If the price really seems high, maybe check out some Japanese auctions and see if the prices actually are the same or if it's just inflated by oversea sellers, knowingly or unknowingly.

(on a separate note, it's the only game in the series I wasn't willing to import for that obvious trouble of price. I could purchase a SNES flashcart for less than that and enjoy the game just as much on the actual system.)

Edited by Celice

I've always meant to ask this. I understand you can get an American SNES to play Japanese games by removing the tabs inside so that the carts can fit proper, but does this trick work with FE5? I understand some of the last SNES games (from all regions) had lockout chips that prevented them from being played in foreign consoles.

I've always meant to ask this. I understand you can get an American SNES to play Japanese games by removing the tabs inside so that the carts can fit proper, but does this trick work with FE5? I understand some of the last SNES games (from all regions) had lockout chips that prevented them from being played in foreign consoles.

Yes it does, a friend of mine has one and it works fine (At least on his cut out SNES).

I myself nearly got it for 50$ on ebay, but I lost the auction to, guess who, said friend. I drifted away from FE about a year later, so I haven't bothered with it again, just played it on an emulator.