A few questions

Onmi

1. Table expansions

So I've figured out I can expand a table by going into the Nightmare Modules with Notepad and changing the alloted number of tables from say 75 (Classes) to 85, giving me 10 more to play with. I can similarly do the same for supports. my question is, am I at risk of overriding something when I add these tables? will the game automatically compensate by adding additional hex, or should I reallocate ALL the data somewhere else in the rom and repoint it there to be on the safe side?

2. Class Numbers

Class Numbers are tied into (as I can tell) the movement animation of the map sprite and the class recognition (reloading the game by either resuming or restarting the chapter, will have a class become their class number.) has it been documented what part of the hex is the class number or am I on my own in experimenting? After all I don't want 10 shiny new classes who all look blank when they move or you scroll a cursor over them, and swapping them to other class numbers means the player can't load from 'Reload Chapter' or 'Resume Chapter'

3. New map animations

FE6 doesn't have the modules FE7 and FE8 have to add map sprites and movement animations into the game. Am I S.O.L. or can I do it manually in hex?

4. All new support pointers.

Okay so 'Supports Data Pointer' for example 18 27 66 08 for Geese point to his name, and to his description but I don't know how it points to his SUPPORTS. Is the pointer something else I'm missing? how do I add a pointer for say, Guinevere and Gale, and then make it so their conversation is recognized?

So lets say I want Guinevere and Miledy to have a support conversation, and say I've written their C/B/A supports in 0xD0E/0xD0F/0xD10 respectivly. I go to Support Editor, set the number of supports (lets say 5.) and then I set base/growths.

How would I set up the pointer to recognize where the conversation is and which goes where as I said, looking at the code in HxD... well maybe it will be clearer with a picture

nevereasy.png

I looked in the text editor and Geese supports with Echidna are located at 04B3, 04B4 and 04B5 respectivly but I can't seem to find it anywhere nearby. So yeah I'm genuinely confused how this all works in hex.

5. Ambush Reinforcements

FE6 isn't quite as dickish to the player as say... FE5, but it still pulled the bane of every completionists existance with the addition of 'Ambush' reinforcements. I'd like to know how to change them to FE7 style reinforcements who arrive at the end of a turn

And that's all my questions regarding hex/FEditor. Everything else is Event Assembly stuff I can figure out at a later day

Edited by Onmi

1. Always move the class array if you're adding more classes. You WILL overwrite stuff if you're doing it the way you are now.

2-4. Dunno, I don't hack FE6

5. This requires knowing how to write events.