Excellen's pick-my-units Playthrough!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, only in a playthrough like this does Colm get to top the list for combat :awesome:

I think Knoll would've been better if he'd promoted immediately. Hypothetically, he should be pretty great as a summoner in chapter 15.

Only thing summons could deal with in ch15 would be the eclipse user. I hardly call that useful and I'd still have to defend Knoll's ass when facing a lot of tough enemies all at once. The thing that saved Neimi from bottom tiering was the fact she became usable at some point during the game, and could be let on her own.

I did something with Knoll a long time ago in chapter 15, and he had solid offense against pegs and wyverns and could of course outrange everything between his better movement and phantoms. He'd be good at running around the sand, but yeah, against any large group of enemies he isn't exactly great... or good... or even mediocre...

I did something with Knoll a long time ago in chapter 15, and he had solid offense against pegs and wyverns and could of course outrange everything between his better movement and phantoms. He'd be good at running around the sand, but yeah, against any large group of enemies he isn't exactly great... or good... or even mediocre...

He's shit even in one on one. Don't forget that. The only things a Knoll could ever contribute to an efficiency-minded playthrough is phantoms and staffbotting. And that's exactly what I did with him.

Yeah, that was my point. In chapter 15, his mage movement combined with the phantoms (who have flying movement, by the way) lets him cover a lot of ground and give him a huge attack range compared to other units and his phantoms do pretty well against those enemies, IIRC (I forgot to point out that it was the phantoms fighting) so that's what I meant.

Yeah, that was my point. In chapter 15, his mage movement combined with the phantoms (who have flying movement, by the way) lets him cover a lot of ground and give him a huge attack range compared to other units and his phantoms do pretty well against those enemies, IIRC (I forgot to point out that it was the phantoms fighting) so that's what I meant.

Phantoms grow with their caster and their stats are dependent on the caster's stats I believe. Anyway, lvl1 Phantoms supposedly have this

7STR, 3SKL, 6SPD, 10LCK

And come with an iron axe.In my case, level 1 phantoms had 5 Str and 5 Skl. This is also known as doing rubbish damage.

Edited by Excelkitty