(FE7) Yet another gimmick draft: The Support Chain + Weapon Draft

Janissary

I'm thinking of one that comes close. Not sure if it makes things strictly impossible. Not gonna say which one because I'm curious to see if it is the obvious first pick.

I have a couple ideas, but I think you could beat the game without anything I am thinking of, so I'm probably missing something. Well, actually, there is one that makes the game much, much easier now that I think about it.

Also, seeing as there's 70 weapons and 35 characters, I think it might be beneficial to have 5 more free weapons so that there is an even 100 items to draft. What opinion are out there on weapons that should be free?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is HHM, Restore and Barrier should be free.

That's would make sense. A quick 5 second thought gave me the following 5 weapons:

Restore, Barrier, Physic, Luna, Silver Lance

I could also make Slim sword free instead of one of those since whoever gets slim sword probably wont use it anyway.

Restore was the one I had been thinking of. Barrier can be (imperfectly) duplicated with Pure Water, which while also helping staff avoid is no cure for it after the fact.

I figured you'd be thinking of a staff. Considering some people won't even have a staff user in this run, Restore might not be the obvious first pick (unless you want to screw over the other people with staff users).

EDIT: I edited the OP to reflect Barrier, Physic, Restore, Luna, and Slim Sword being free. Post comments and concerns.

Edited by Janissary

You've correctly left out the Berserk staff (available only in 23x), but Fenrir should also be off the list (only available in 28x), so you can put the Slim Sword back in the draft.

Alternatively, Luna being free makes Canas suddenly become a very desirable character. Maybe the best solution is to let Athos use Luna for free only, and put Luna in the draft instead of the Slim Sword (and let it be free).

Edited by Whitefang

I think *the* Silver Lance should be free (unless I missed it in the OP.) Leave Silver Lances as a whole draftable, but the one that Marcus starts with in the first chapter you have him should be free.

Of course, FE7 is like my second least-known game so my advice might be ...

You've correctly left out the Berserk staff (available only in 23x), but Fenrir should also be off the list (only available in 28x), so you can put the Slim Sword back in the draft.Alternatively, Luna being free makes Canas suddenly become a very desirable character. Maybe the best solution is to let Athos use Luna for free only, and put Luna in the draft instead of the Slim Sword (and let it be free).

Oops, I thought I got all the ungettable weapons. Fixed by putting Slim sword back into the draft and Fenrir out.

Also, Canas is not really more usable now imo. Considering that there is only one shaman in the game, whoever gets Canas is probably going to end up with all the dark tomes anyway, unless someone wants to screw you over. Having free Luna just means we can all use it with Athos endgame now.

I think *the* Silver Lance should be free (unless I missed it in the OP.) Leave Silver Lances as a whole draftable, but the one that Marcus starts with in the first chapter you have him should be free.Of course, FE7 is like my second least-known game so my advice might be ...

I thought about it, but I can't think of a time where the Silver Lance is needed. You might have to go slower, but it's not gamebreaking enough to make it worthwhile. I think Luna is more worthwhile to be free for Athos.

Edited by Janissary

Alright, sure, sign me up. Sounds fun. Although, I tend to procrastinate heavily on things, so, if I should do so, and it causes problems, feel free to PM me. I don't want to be a party pooper to anyone....

EDIT: Although, Toothache is reading the thread, and I don't know if he wants to be drafted. If so, I'll let him take my place.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Alright, sure, sign me up. Sounds fun. Although, I tend to procrastinate heavily on things, so, if I should do so, and it causes problems, feel free to PM me. I don't want to be a party pooper to anyone....

EDIT: Although, Toothache is reading the thread, and I don't know if he wants to be drafted. If so, I'll let him take my place.

Awesome! Just try to check this thread at least once a day (preferably more if you can of course) to make sure you make your picks. I meant to put this in the OP, but picks must be made within 24 hours of the last pick. If they are not, I will randomly select a unit/weapon for you. I don't mind slow progress on the actualy playthrough, just try to keep us posted.

I will post the order in a minute.

EDIT: Order had been randomized and posted. Characters will be drafted first, and then weapons immediately following the last character selection. General Horace, make you selection!

Edited by Janissary

I actually don't think either of them are available in the first round. Radiant Kitty's post on the first page has all the options.

Anyway, you can chain off of Hector and Marcus's supports.

Marcus chains Lowen, Isadora, and Harken.

Hector chains Oswin, Matthew, Florina, Serra, and Farina

Also available are Fiora (via Eliwood), Rath, Kent, Wil, Wallace (via Lyn), Hawkeye (via Ninian), and Nino and Vaida (via Merlinus)

I'm reading the thread, but only because I'm curious about drafts, having never played one. Finally found one with an open slot, but I dislike the idea of having to draft weapons along with units. I think I'll pass on this one.

If you can pick within 10-15 mins, that'd be awesome, so I could edit it into the OP. Right now I am at a coffee shop to get internet because my power is still out at home. Hopefully it will be back tommorow.