Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dubbed Project

I was also referring to Rubydarling and Hoss.

Edit: Will you ever post a voice I don't like? Lol.

How are you for yelling in Ashnard's voice? Because I'm sure he's yelling when he uses the Medallion in hard mode.

Edited by etern

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also referring to Rubydarling and Hoss.

Edit: Will you ever post a voice I don't like? Lol.

How are you for yelling in Ashnard's voice? Because I'm sure he's yelling when he uses the Medallion in hard mode.

I've played with the voice for a while and can do his yelling bits. Although, I admit the character has some challenging lines. However, it's only in terms of the context he would state some things; which I will settle with myself (If there's one thing I've noticed since doing lines for this fandub, it's that this game was definitely not written towards being dubbed. Some lines are difficult to do without sounding awkward, and require a few takes on my end).

Regardless, I will post another Ashnard audition on this thread; but it will include the lines where he yells. Expect it either tomorrow or later this week, I won't be able to record at this moment. In the meantime, I'm glad you like my audition; I'll make sure I remove any mistakes I make in the real thing.

It would make sense that it's not intended to be dubbed over -- otherwise, I'm sure Nintendo would've done it all ready -- but just try your best. If it's awkward, then...that's what we'll go with.

On the top of the list you'll find my latest Ashnard audition in "Ashnard Yelling". As you can imagine it addresses your question, I hope you like it. Near the end I did some of the Medallion bits, tell me what you think.

yeah, sorry I haven't sent you that nasir audition yet. I've been working a LOT more hours recently, and I've been completely wiped.

Oh, no.

Hoss's Profile

Last Active: Jan 06 2012 11:03 PM

We may need to have a person temporarily do Ike.

Edited by etern

It is a good voice, I will not lie.

Do you mind being the back up voice for Ike?

It is a good voice, I will not lie.

Do you mind being the back up voice for Ike?

not at all. I understand that you already had a voice actor chosen.

so yeah, let me know if you need me to do some more lines, or actually get around to doing the voices for vs. the burger king/vs petrine.

I'm thinking of doing Ike vs Ashnard right away, though. That should grab many people's attention, because it IS one of the main fights.

I'm thinking of doing Ike vs Ashnard right away, though. That should grab many people's attention, because it IS one of the main fights.

I'll record once you confirm which lines I'll be doing, in the meantime; I pulled this from the wiki:

Ike: ...

Ashnard: Heh heh heh. I remember that stance well. So your father taught you swordplay, did he? How very happy that makes me.

Ike: Mad King Ashnard! I will cut you down with this blade and end your reign of terror!

Ashnard: You? Cut me down? Heee... Good. If you possess the strength to do so, then so be it. That process is the principle on which my ideal world operates.

Ike: What are you talking about?

I'll also be doing his death quote, but ultimately I will record what I've posted here. Let me know if you want any extra lines or if these are good for what you intend to post.

I'll record once you confirm which lines I'll be doing, in the meantime; I pulled this from the wiki:

Ashnard: Heh heh heh. I remember that stance well. So your father taught you swordplay, did he? How very happy that makes me.

Ike: Mad King Ashnard! I will cut you down with this blade and end your reign of terror!

Ashnard: You? Cut me down? Heee... Good. If you possess the strength to do so, then so be it. That process is the principle on which my ideal world operates.

I'll also be doing his death quote, but ultimately I will record what I've posted here. Let me know if you want any extra lines or if these are good for what you intend to post.

oh geez, this brings up something I hadn't thought of. If I'm going to be doing Ike, how should I submit my lines? Every separate bit of dialog as a separate file, and monologues all together?

for example, I'd have a file with "Mad king ashnard!........", then one with "what are you talking about?"

oh geez, this brings up something I hadn't thought of. If I'm going to be doing Ike, how should I submit my lines? Every separate bit of dialog as a separate file, and monologues all together?

for example, I'd have a file with "Mad king ashnard!........", then one with "what are you talking about?"

I'm afraid you may just have to submit them the way that you've currently been doing. There's usually some tedium involved in the final parts of the submission process when it comes to voice work, so expect some of your time to be eaten up.

I'm afraid you may just have to submit them the way that you've currently been doing. There's usually some tedium involved in the final parts of the submission process when it comes to voice work, so expect some of your time to be eaten up.

sounds like a plan. when I get home from work tomorrow morning I'll look up a game script and start doing some lines for the ashnard fight.....or maybe just the entire endgame level(the level itself, not the lead-in and all the speeches and crap.

What I may do to make things a bit more organized is submit the lines in a folder, and have a wordpad file with details as to exactly which file says what. Does that sound alright?

Edited by Tomo

That would seem to be more work than you need to do.

All I ask is that you say each line, pause for 5 seconds, then say the next one. Also, don't forget to do Ike's Death Line to Ashnard. I'll be able to do two versions that way.

That would seem to be more work than you need to do.

All I ask is that you say each line, pause for 5 seconds, then say the next one. Also, don't forget to do Ike's Death Line to Ashnard. I'll be able to do two versions that way.

do you have a link to a script somewhere? I cant find any good ones that also include battle quotes, nor can I find where Ike gets surprised at ashnard going berserk.

Ashnard dies(Hard mode)

Ashnard

Heh heh heh heh. You've done well to have grown so strong. At last, I have gained a foe worthy enough to test my sword. Excellent! Enjoy my might to your heart's content!

Ashnard

...Do you think you can defeat me? Ggrrraaahh haarr haaarr haaaarrrhhh... GGGRRAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! It's not over yet. I haven't seen all you are capable of.

Ike

What...are you doing?

Ashnard

Now is the time to use this!

Ike

NO! You blind, stupid fool!

Ike

Flee! Get away, everyone!

Ashnard

GGGRRAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! GGRRAAAHH HAAA HAAA HAAA!!!...It...feels...so...GOOOOOOD...

Ike

He's touching the medallion! But he's still sane...

Ashnard

YAAARRRRGGGHHHH!! GGGWWAAARRRHHHHHH!!!

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Endgame:_Repatriation_%28Script%29

Ashnard vs Ike

http://serenesforest.net/fe9/boss_convo3.html

(Final Chapter)

Ike: Damn... I... After all this... Forgive me, Elincia...

Elincia: This can't happen...Ike! I won't accept this... No... I-I won't! Don't do this, Ike. Don't leave me...

http://serenesforest.net/fe9/death.html