My First Pick My Team Playthrough!

Well I saw everyone else doing these pick my team playthroughs, and I decided to try it for myself. I chose FE8 as my first game because compared to other FE's it's short and easy, and I've only beat it once.

The Rules:

• Hard Mode
  • Eirika's route
  • Eirika is free
  • Ephraim is free for chapter 5x
  • No Tower of Valni / Arena / Skirmishes
  • Map shops are allowed
  • Choose promotions for my units
  • No meatshielding after chapter 5 (NOT allowed in 5x)
  • Thieves are free for opening doors + chests

1. Neimi - Ranger
  2. Ewan - Shaman>Summoner
  3. Vanessa - Falcoknight
  4. Syrene
  5. Rennac
  6. Gilliam - ?
  7. Amelia - Knight>General
  8. Saleh
  9. L'arachel - Valkyrie
  10. Lute - Mage Knight

Edited by rigadoog

Starting as an archer makes her horrible, and going ranger means Gerik is free to go hero. (not like you'd ever make him a ranger anyway)

True, I didn't use him on my first playthrough. Who knows if somebody will give me him to use, also.

My fault. In that case, go shaman to necromancer.

Shamans promo to necromancers O_o

Seth haha you only wish is Orson okay as in not breaking any rules, if not Gillium

Edited by HongLei

Shamans promo to necromancers O_o

Seth haha you only wish is Orson okay as in not breaking any rules, if not Gillium

Obviously Orson is against the rules, I can't believe you would be so mean to me =(

EDIT: What do you want me to promote gilliam to?

Edited by rigadoog

I meant summoner. Shows you how long it's been since i've played this.

Haha I didn't catch that either

2 trainees and 2 prepromotes so far... somebody give me a healer!

Edited by rigadoog

Alright, I'm gonna get started right away! I'll try to update you guys with the first 5 chapters in about an hour.

If HongLei doesn't give me his preference for Gilliam's promotion I'll just choose whichever i want.

Edited by rigadoog

• Eirika's route

Taking the easy way out, I see

1. Neimi - Ranger
  2. Ewan - Shaman>Summoner
  3. Vanessa - Falcoknight
  4. Syrene
  5. Rennac
  6. Gilliam - ?
  7. Amelia - Knight>General
  8. Saleh
  9. L'arachel - Valkyrie
  10. Lute - Mage Knight

This team... loooks... like shit.

Edited by Excelkitty

Pirate ship would eat him alive on Ephraim route. He already isn't getting most of his team till late. If he doesn't save the villagers in chapter 6, then Neimi won't be promoting until chapter 14. Ewan a and L'Arachel are pretty unusable, except he can get healing out of L'Arachel from the time he gets her. Vanessa is inferior as a Falco.

The best he'll have is Gilliam until he gets Saleh, unless Vanessa or Lute get blessed. I don't even couint Eirika, because she never gets any good level ups.

Taking the easy way out, I see

This team... loooks... like shit.

I'm only playing Eirika's route because I've never played it before. And yes, this team is shit, I'm having a very hard time getting decent turn counts and still using vanessa and neimi.

Here's my log for the first 5 chapters.

Prologue

Turn count: 5, I think (forgot to check)

Moved Seth way back and made sure that Eirika was only in the range of 1 axe fighter. I really just cleaned up after that and hit a critical on the boss after weakening him on enemy phase

Chapter 1

Turn count: 11

Used Seth to lure in the axe users for Eirika and then i started to clean them up. Gilliam tanked out the northern soldiers. The high turn count was mostly due to the pesky reinforcements that I had to use seth to block off.

Chapter 2

Turn count: 12, I think (sorry)

I couldn't use Vanessa very much this chapter with all the axe users. Anyways, I started by bringing Eirika over the mountains with Vanessa and having them clear out all of those enemies. Ross died and I didn't recruit Garcia (boohoo). Gilliam and Seth guarded the center lane while Vanessa cut back across to save the southwestern village.

Chapter 3

Turn count: 14

This was a pretty difficult chapter. Recruited Neimi this chapter, so she still sucks and Vanessa couldn't do much against the axes last chapter so she's not good either. That leaves me to basically rely on Eirika and Gilliam for everything. Anyways, I had Neimi recruit colm and then I blocked off the north passage with Eirika, and finished off that axer with Neimi. I then cleared out the rest of the axers down the south passageway trying to use Neimi and vanessa for as many kills as possible. When I opened the door to the main room, I kept Neimi behind Gilliam and blocked off the right alley with Seth. Once I killed one with Gilliam I could move Eirika and Vanessa in. Everyone worked to weaken the boss and Neimi was able to get the kill.

Chapter 4

Turn count: 12

Turn count: Started Out by sending Gilliam and Vanessa south to take care of those guys, with Eirika and Neimi going East with Seth to try to hold them off. After Vanessa and Gilliam were mostly done I sent Vanessa back East so she could get a Javelin kill on an Evil eye at her max range =D. Neimi killed the other one in the same turn while Eirika got a crit on a skeleton. I had to block off the center bridge with Seth for that turn only. Next turn I moved Vanessa in, who weakened a monster on enemy phase for Neimi to kill. Eirika then took Vanessa's spot and used a vuln while Vanessa moved all the way East and javelin'd an evil eye from the northern side of the river. Eirika killed a monster on enemy phase. All the while Gilliam had been working on the snag on the west and once he got it he killed the skeleton there. Then Gilliam got on the south bridge and ended up killing those two monsters while Vanessa and Neimi worked on the Northern ones.

Unfortunately, I forgot about the reinforcements who come from the northwest corner, and Artur took a hit while seth got hit by the rest of them and Neimi and Vanessa tried to haul their asses back there. I accidentally got in the boss's range with Eirika but was able to get out of his range before the end of the turn. Gilliam killed his last monster on enemy phase and then recruited Lute, Neimi finished off their last monster in the same turn, and everyone moved towards the boss and the last monster. Lute got the boss kill on the next turn and got 100 exp =D. I then used Vanessa for the final kill.

Chapter 5

Turn count: 15

Started off by having Seth pick up the dracoshield and moving Gilliam and Lute to the west entrance with Lute in range of the soldier. Neimi, Vanessa, and Eirika took the east entrance and just held off the brigands and axefighters until I could lure jacob in and recruit him. Lute got a critical on the first soldier and her and Gilliam cleared out the West side while the other three did the other side. After that, I just kept moving up using the same strategy of luring enemies out. Gilliam tanked the boss and got him down enough for Lute to get the kill. I also bought a few steel lances, a bunch of vulneraries, and 2 steel bows.

Chapter 5x

Turn count: 14

Had to solo this chapter with Ephraim, good thing he's amazing. Opened the 2 chests with cavaliers, not much else to say, other than it sucks that I can't use Ephraim.

Character Statistics:

Level	HP	Str/Mag	Skl	Spd	Luck	Def	Res
Eirika	10.92	23	8	15	12	9	8	3
Gilliam	10.18	31	12	8	5	4	14	5
Neimi	8.09	21	7	6	11	7	3	4
Vanessa	6.57	20	6	10	14	7	7	6
Lute	5.64	18	9	6	8	9	3	8

And for the record, Ephraim is level 12 with above average stats.

Edited by rigadoog