You are now blind. Scream if you must.

FalconVegeta1986

Been awhile since i've updated. Here's a couple maps.

chapter5xmap.png

iavasechuimap.png

I'm waiting on a response in my thread about roof tiles so I can finish the first one,and a few things might seem strange, but they're part of the puzzle for the chapter . The second one was pretty much requested to be like that. I know there's probably tons of improvements that need to be made, so if anyone sees this, let the suggestions roll!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the first one is still a WiP I'll hold off on commenting on it. The second one however, feels really flat:

efc8759cb6abf60a0d2a2162c1e34d75.png

The red and blue circled areas are the biggest offenders. The red could really use some shading where you have the carpet.

The blue is more of a personal opinion but I think using a different type of wall here would be a better choice. Usually the carpeted wall is surrounded by more generic wall tiles so you don't notice how flat it is. You've got the carpeted wall on its own so it looks more flat.

The white circled tiles seem random.

untitled.png

Red - There are no shaded carpet tiles in this tileset as far as I saw. But I could always be wrong.

Blue - I took away the carpeted wall and just made it a regular wall. Probably looks more plain now, but shouldn't look flat.

White - Probably looked bad because of the pillar bases, which I fixed. The 2 tiles you circled had shading because of the pillars, but I took the shading away. I'll put it back if you say so. Also, the tiles are in checkerboard pattern. that might be what threw you off too.

Also, feel free to critique the WiP anyway.

Edited by Richter Belmont

Since the throne room wall is so tall you could raise up the plain wall and try to squeeze in a wall pattern. That ought to help the plain ole' boring wall problem.

I really think the super long strip should be converted to standard tiles with shading. Perhaps have a chat with your requester? The other thin strips of carpet look kinda funny too. Especially in the throne room.

And I'm still gonna hold off on the WiP since things will change anyway when you work on it some more.