Mortal Kombat 9

Ein

So yeah. My little bro convinced my mom to buy this like three weeks ago and I have no idea how to play this damn game.

I have to hold a button to block. What is this?

But yeah. It's pretty damn fun.

I've been playing Noob (FEAR ME!!) mostly because it's fun throwing yourself.

Cyber Sub-Zero (YOU ARE NOT SO FIERCE!!) is cool too, pun intended, as his dive kick solves all of lives problems.

A little of Smoke (WHERE THERE IS SMOKE THERE IS FIRE!!) because DAT HAIR of his is just awesome.

Then there's Rain. I really want to play Rain. Not just for fun but seriously or at least decently. I've loved Rain and his signature roundhouse kick that breaks the laws of physics since UMK3 and this iteration of Rain is pretty damn awesome even if he is a power hungry asshole.

So yeah. I'm interested if anyone has played this. There has to be SOMEONE here who has. Anyone? ANYONE!?

Soulcalibur makes you hold a block button as well.

Anyway borrowed this game from a friend a while back, only tried Sub-Zero and Nightwolf.

Edited by Dagron

It does?

You mean Nightwolf by the way. Sub-Zero is too... I dunno. I just don't like him very much. Cyber Sub is more me since his much more rush down oriented with that dive kick of his.

A friend of mine has it, haven't tried maining abynody just rotating through the roster.

I think my two favourites are Subzero and Cyrax although Smoke has that one move I like where he summons his buddy to rugby tackle the other guy

I play MK9 quite regularly. Maining Smoke / Cyrax / Kung Lao right now ; Noob / Ermac / Sub-Zero are my subs.

I wish I could go to EVO this weekend. Too bad I live in another county, it'd be fun to watch people like Tom Brady, Konqrr and Justin Wong play against each other, haha.

I have to hold a button to block. What is this?

Welcome to 1991.

Since I don't have the console required, I'll only be able to play it at a friend's home. I'm definitely looking forward to try my old favorite Reptile, but Noob Saibot's fatalities are so good I should definitely give him a try. I wish the bosses were playable though. I really loved playing as Kintaro in Armageddon.

Edited by Dio

Why are people taking that seriously? >_>

Noob is all kinds of fun but I'd never perform his fatalities since his victory pose is much too glorious.

Welcome to 1991.

Since I don't have the console required, I'll only be able to play it at a friend's home. I'm definitely looking forward to try my old favorite Reptile, but Noob Saibot's fatalities are so good I should definitely give him a try. I wish the bosses were playable though. I really loved playing as Kintaro in Armageddon.

People would really abuse them online, though. Most of their attacks have super armor and deal a lot of damage. Like Kahn's Hammer Throw , Goro's Arm Spin or Kintaro's ( Ground ) Fireballs.

You should try playing challenge 150 at your friend's house, if he got that far on the Challenge Tower. It's pretty hilarious.

People would really abuse them online, though. Most of their attacks have super armor and deal a lot of damage. Like Kahn's Hammer Throw , Goro's Arm Spin or Kintaro's ( Ground ) Fireballs.

You should try playing challenge 150 at your friend's house, if he got that far on the Challenge Tower. It's pretty hilarious.

I figure, but then again Armageddon also had online play where you could crush most with Blaze, Moloch or Onaga. Some KaK were also pretty powerful IIRC.

Once he gets there, I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah, I remember Moloch in Armageddon. Loved to play as him, awesome combos. But seriously, the bosses are stronger than they were in Armageddon. Think of MK2 boss strength.

Oh, and Kahn's Hammer Throw is unblockable and stuns you. Cheaaaap.

Yeah, I remember Moloch in Armageddon. Loved to play as him, awesome combos. But seriously, the bosses are stronger than they were in Armageddon. Think of MK2 boss strength.

Oh, and Kahn's Hammer Throw is unblockable and stuns you. Cheaaaap.

Now that's awesome like in the good old days.

Oh wow.

I dunno... Shao Khan, Goro, and Kintaro are rather lame move set wise and such.

They make up for that by being brutally awesome.