Fire Emblem Gaiden help

HongLei

I just started, and it was easy until there was some baron freak who owns all my guys :/

Is there another way to clear levels other than beat the crap out of all the enemies?

Also is it best to promote immediately or wait a few levels?

From the amount of time I played Gaiden, which I did to some time in chapter 3, I recall doing chapters over again to gain levels until I got to shrines, where I did those over again too many a few times as well. In gaiden, it doesn't really matter if you promote them early or not, so if you think they're good already, go ahead by all means.

But, that's my two cents; I haven't played it in a little while..

Edited by Oreo

I just started, and it was easy until there was some baron freak who owns all my guys :/

Is there another way to clear levels other than beat the crap out of all the enemies?

Also is it best to promote immediately or wait a few levels?

1. Assuming you are still in Chapter 1 you need to ignore Dozer (the Baron) and draw out Slayder (the Cavalier boss) instead; when you beat him Dozer will leave.

2. Nope, all the maps in Gaiden are rout except for the final battle which is defeat boss (I think)

3. Short answer: probably promote straight away

3. Long answer: when a unit promotes any of their stats below the class bases (available to see here on Serenes Forest) of their promoted class will go up to the class bases. e.g. if Force has 6 speed and 7 defence when he promotes to Armour his speed (which is above the Armour's 2 speed base) will remain the same but his defence will go up to 12, the Armour's base defence. This basically means that early promotion will help a unit's poor stats but not their good stats (e.g. Claire promoting to Falcon Knight will get HP and defence but not speed) and a late promotion will slightly improve any stats the unit has a high growth in.

N.B. Male Mages, Clerics, Pegasus Knights and Valbo (a prepromote Armour) probably want a few extra levels before promotion because they only promote once but have normal bases.

Disclaimer: though I have played Gaiden all the way through I do not claim to be an expert and if anyone contradicts me there's a good chance they're right