FEditor Issues

Fitz24

Well, I've been having issues with my FEditor lately, and I have finally figured out a reason for why it cannot open my ROM. I figured I'd go step by step and see which program of mine causes my ROM to not be read, I have concluded that if my ROM's file size isn't EXACTLY 16,384 KB, my FEditor will not read my ROM. How do I fix that?

8d730265048f4760396cc69a982c4c3d.png

5ec85a6f1a37874c81c52fa252322f7c.png

d7ffff43d96692653ac9f4191acc460e.png

....16,384 KB rule? There's no reason that should be happening, so you must've messed up something else with your ROM.

Edited by Arch

I once had a ROM that was last edited with FEditor sometime in March...of last year. Maybe 2009, I forget.

The other day I got bored and opened it in FEditor. Not the version of FEditor from 2009 (the one I had used last on the ROM was definitely from 2009; the last time I used that version on that ROM might not have been in 2009 however) I had last edited it with, but the absolute latest version.

Incidentally the last time I had edited that ROM had left it greater than 16 megabytes in size due to lack of free space for putting things; FEditor had been kind enough to notice this for me and allocate new memory on its own.

So I open this old ROM edited with an older version of FEditor in the brand new version of FEditor and make some changes, then save. I open the ROM and run it and note that my changes were successful.

The end.

Yep, that was the whole story, sorry for the abrupt ending