FE4 vs. FE5

Junkhead

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which.

• FE4
    • FE5

To be honest, I'm not sure, FE4's being a pain and I never got very far in FE5 before I gave up for a while. I've been meaning to give it another try, but the apparent difficulty sounds frightening. :(: I'm honestly not sure I'd be able to complete it, even with all the gamebreaker things and Elite Mode.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE5 is only hard if you don't know what you're doing, except 4, 4x, and 24x which are pains in ass even if you know what to do (though 24x's pain is mainly just the number of deployment slots, you have to bring at least 8 people whereas I just wanna bring Safy/Sara/Leaf/Sety). Ask around, really. Blind run of FE5 is painful, but subsequent runs or if you ask more experienced players for advice as you go along, makes most of FE5 pretty easy.

Yeah, I realise that's what people say, since I've been browsing around the NES/SNES section a bit. It still sounds tough, even considering all that. Mostly because of all the cheap stuff and FUCKING FATIGUE (How on earth anyone could want that in the next FE baffles me), not to mention that I'm a player so unskilled that FE9 and FE8 can seriously challenge me. <_<

I didn't like fatigue or infinite range status lasting for whole map either, but S potion (which you can steal/capture if you don't wanna buy) makes up for that and it's a good way to rotate the scrolls on your characters (like: Machua fatigued for chapter, take all her scrolls, stuff on Mareeta, watch defense shoot up like crazy, then Mareeta goes off and Machua gets all her scrolls+whatever I fed Mareeta). The only time where I really had an issue with Fatigue was endgame where I had one S potion left and both Sara and Safy over fatigue, but it wasn't a big deal since I still have warp/rewarp with Linoan and Sety available. It lets you train a larger cast, which is actually kinda nice. Or like, Dean takes two chapters and he's fatigued, but oh look, indoors chapter so he's not even deployed anyway. Of course, I'd like it better if I can use Machua and Mareeta on every map, but~ it had some advantages. You don't have to go to max deployment for every map. Infact, at late game, sometimes I found myself cursing the minimum deployment limit (see C24x) because my strategies only relied on a small group. But Fatigue allows you to train a wider range of units for use on those maps that require a larger deployment.

With the infinite status thing, well, at least you can spam them right back. Linoan/Sara/Nanna/Sety had a pretty awesome combo of that when I did C24 where they silenced /slept every staff user, then Tina stole their staves for my own use. 8D

Also, Veld's the shittiest final boss either. At least Yurius takes 4-or-so hits of Narga to die. Veld can be ORKO'd by...anything with max str/spd and a hero weapon, which is pretty easily done. Mareeta caprams those stats on average way before 20/20, gods.

IMO FE5's pretty fun. IDK if I like it more than FE4 or not yet, since I like FE4 a hell lot for the overkill factor (Lakcheeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~) but FE5 has rescue (yay) and capture (YAY). I've bought one thing over the course of my FE5 run and that's an iron axe for Machua when she promoted. Everything else I captured off of enemies.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

FE5 is only hard if you don't know what you're doing, except 4, 4x, and 24x which are pains in ass even if you know what to do (though 24x's pain is mainly just the number of deployment slots, you have to bring at least 8 people whereas I just wanna bring Safy/Sara/Leaf/Sety). Ask around, really. Blind run of FE5 is painful, but subsequent runs or if you ask more experienced players for advice as you go along, makes most of FE5 pretty easy.

So basically, unless you're playing with a guide or a friend's advice, the game IS hard, unlike some of the other entries in the series (8, 9). Why would you ask more experienced players for advice, unless it's related to mechanics? (I do fault the tutorial system and instruction booklets for not including enough aspects of the game's mechanics! Why hasn't IS ever revealed the admittedly simplistic AS formula? It's EVIL!) I only do that once I've beaten an FE game once on my own.

4x isn't bad IIRC as there aren't reinforcements that I remember, I cleared that one on my first try. Actually a lot of the chapters are tough though.

My leaf sucked ass until after his promotion. Suddenly he finally decided to grow stats and I was like, YESSSS but before that he was in a rut of terribleness despite me stuffing a bunch of scrolls on him. RNG really hated leaf until like, C18.

Why would you ask more experienced players for advice, unless it's related to mechanics?

IDK about you, but I'm an utter perfectionist and I don't get everything humanly possible on the first try, I get annoyed. Props to the people who do like playing games blind, but I don't. Now why don't you get off your high horse and stop criticizing other people how they want to play? I was merely suggesting ways that could make FE5 easier, and FE5's difficulty stems from game throwing unexpected shit at you, or knowing who to capture at when or you miss character x, etc. The enemy stats themselves are not threatening at all.

I could have underestimated the difficulty of some chapters, though, since I had both an insanely good Mareeta and Machua, and Mareeta somehow got a ton of move definitely helped things along. She ended with 12 move in endgame. .___.

When did I say I hadn't argued that? Is this your attempt to back out of the argument because you can't argue without using logical fallacy (The OP isn't open to interpretation because I see it this way. Commonly called the appeal to ignorance)? The fact of the matter is that FE4 vs FE5, which is better can be interpreted as which game you like more, which game has better gameplay, which has a better storyline, etc. With this knowledge I can conclude that I was indeed correct in my interpretation. You felt like doing the opposite of the norm and throwing forth a serious post, that sounds convenient.

Another fallacy. Dogs are much scarier and more adorable than Lux Aterna.

be nice people!!

4 is better XD

I am very bad at video games.

FE5 is very hard.

I have never beaten FE5

I normally dislike a game if I can't beat it.

FE5 is my second favorite FE game.

What I have managed to play of it is funner than most other FE games.

I don't need to beat it to know I like it more than, and that it's better than a game I've beaten several times due to its easiness.

(Part of the reason I will never beat FE5 is because I like it too much to fag shit the hell up by using savestates)

Now why don't you get off your high horse and stop criticizing other people how they want to play?

Wat high horse? I wasn't criticizing, I was asking sincerely with hopes of an answer which you gave me. Thanks.

and Mareeta somehow got a ton of move definitely helped things along. She ended with 12 move in endgame. .___.

What.

Edited by Blue Mars

S'ry. It's hard to tell if people are confrontational these days or not over the internet.

Ya. She gained move like crazy. 8 move before I even handed her Dain scroll. Even with Dain Scroll she only has 8%, and she gained 3 move from ~11/-- (? , Idr when she hit 8 move) to 20/20. I don't know why she did that, because I didn't rng abuse any of those.

easily one of my best units.

It's no problem. However, I don't think I've been confrontational on here since that guy Death was friends with. FruitKnightCrepe? And I knew he was trolling but he still pissed me off somehow.

Come to think of it I believe that was before your time anyway. And it was in introductions.

Edited by Blue Mars