Question about GBA Graphics Editor

Sephie-chan

10601937.png

You will need to manipulate the TSA after you insert your graphics with tiles. Since it's compressed, you'll need to repoint it and then manipulate it with the OLDER GBA Graphics editor (If you're using the newest one, it won't let you edit compressed palettes or TSA).

It's the same way as editing the Battle Frame, except it should be simpler because it's a box and you don't have to deal with all the complicated format stuff.

For reference: http://www.bwdyeti.com/cafe/forum/index.php?topic=21.0

• 2 weeks later...

If the newer GBAGE is unable to mess with compressed TSAs and Palettes(Hm. Good to know), then yes.

...albeit to be honest, I am almost sure the TSA, and I think the Palette for battle frames were uncompressed, so in the end it is do-able with both versions.

Oh, okay, that's good then. Does anybody pooooossibly have a link to an older edition of GBAGE, just in case? wink.gif

Older version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5490460/Nintenlord%27s%20Crap/GBA%20Graphics%20Editor%20%28older%29.exe

The TSA for the battle frame isn't compressed, so you should be able to edit it just fine with the newer one.

Of course Nintenlord implemented that feature to prevent people from having problems with data insertion. The solution is to manually decompress whatever is needed, edit it, then recompress, reinsert, and repoint. A lot more work but hopefully doing it manually will allow people to have less problems with overwriting data. Maybe NL will add a feature to allow to repoint TSA and compressed palettes in the future while editing so that they may not overwrite other data but that is of course up to NL...

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Excellent, thanks guys. I'll try Blazer's way and then if I end up somehow screwing it up I'll probably just end up using the older GBAGE colon3.gif

EDIT: I mean STRAWHAT LUFFY's way*

Edited by Jubby

I think you hit the nail right on the head, they look just right... gee_wiz_emoticon.gif I'll probably just do the carefully pasting over thing, and leave the TSA the way it is :P Do you know any of the palette offsets, by chance?

Just going to drop this bomb here. The TSA for those is a bit hard to edit if you want to edit it manually. Can't give much details since FE7 isn't my cup of tea, but the way it works altering the TSA isn't your walk on the park if my memory doesn't fool me.

Oh, and also, out of curiosity, those tiles also exist in FE8, and are loaded in the same way as they are in FE7, so bringing back those to FE8 would be a matter of using the FE7's TSA in FE8.

I agree that the TSA is probably very hard to edit; I was going to just repoint the graphics and overwrite the current palette, and just use the existing TSA (so the image I'd insert would be arranged the way the one without the TSA is)

Okay, new question: just as a test I saved it as a bitmap, changed the palette a bit in usenti, then reinserted it; everything worked, but when I opened it in game, the left side of the portrait box still had the original palette. Do you think the left side is a different image/ palette from the rest of the images? I'm going to test it on the other colours after school as well.

Could be in that palette too, maybe; I'll attach a picture; if you zoom in you can see the normal peachish colours on the left side, but if you look at the top and bottom of it you can also see where I changed the palette to grey. The right side wasn't affected, though (That's why the picture's only of the left)

Edit: I'll try to edit the palette with the bluey background tonight and see if that fixes it.

post-3733-010637900 1318016018_thumb.png

Edited by Jubby