Best/Worst in the Series: Round 110

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echidna's got the biggest muscles out of them, from the looks of the OA

She actually has biceps or whatever them arm muscles are called. That's actually rather amazing.

She actually has biceps or whatever them arm muscles are called. That's actually rather amazing.

Meh. Cuteness is where it's at, in my book.

I prefer everyone to have muscles. Yes, that includes the chicks. Muscles and badassery. Cuteness doesn't go well with me unless you're a bunny.

Huh... TBH, the likes of Echidna don't sit well with me at all. Which is why I don't quite like the idea. 'Course, this trope doesn't help...

Edited by Metal King Slime

Since when can Pegasus Knights use axes?

They get them on promotion (unless you use a Whip) in FE11 and 12.

That's not a good reason. She's great. She's an actually an Ofaiye too, making your "Jeigan" arguement null. ;/

@Bold: No she's not, she steals EXP and provides a crutch when you barely need one.

@Italics: "Oifayes" are a subtype of Jeigan, saying she's not a Jeigan because she's an "Oifaye" is like saying that a Ferrari isn't a car because it's a supercar or some bullshit like that.

@Bold: No she's not, she steals EXP and provides a crutch when you barely need one.

@Italics: "Oifayes" are a subtype of Jeigan, saying she's not a Jeigan because she's an "Oifaye" is like saying that a Ferrari isn't a car because it's a supercar or some bullshit like that.

I actually thought you were joking at first but now I'm not so sure. You serious about the bold stuff? Agreed on the italics, though.

Yes I am, what's wrong with that? Using her will reduce the amount of EXP that you can get for Ike, Boyd, Oscar and their unpromoted friends and FE9 is easy enough that you don't need a crutch too much. Using her was one of my worst mistakes in my first FE9 run, along with using practically all the Laguz, forgetting to train Neph, Astrid, Jill and Kieran, not recruiting Marcia, letting Mia and Zihark die, training Mist just to do the BK fight and then running from it. Hey, it was the first time I ever played a Fire Emblem game. ._.

@Crash: Since you like TV tropes so much, I'm just gonna quote and alter something from it.

Yes, early on Titania will gain five points where someone else would gain thirty, but try thinking of experience points as less of an end in themselves and consider exactly what they do. You can go ahead and not field Titania and give all of the experience she would have gained to other members of your team, and what do you get for that? A higher turncount, a lower BEXP count, and a slightly stronger team... except it's not stronger, because your team lacks Titania, who would still be levelling up regularly with the experience she earns, and instead has one more ordinary unit. Thankfully, even with her rampages, there's still BEXP to consider, and there's often more than enough enemies to go around. In any rate, sacrifice Titania for the sake of some weaker units, or sacrifice some weaker units for the sake of Titania? If you've seen a playthrough that uses Titania to her full potential, you should know the answer.

I don't give a flying flip about turncounts and those "weaker units" are genuinely better in my eyes.

Lower turncounts give you more BEXP. For example: If you want the most BEXP where the turn requirement is 11 turns, what would you do when you want that BEXP? Would you try to wipe out as many enemies as possible? Or waste 15 or more turns trying to raise your weaker units? Keep in mind that BEXP can go to practically anyone.

Yes I am, what's wrong with that? Using her will reduce the amount of EXP that you can get for Ike, Boyd, Oscar and their unpromoted friends and FE9 is easy enough that you don't need a crutch too much. Using her was one of my worst mistakes in my first FE9 run, along with using practically all the Laguz, forgetting to train Neph, Astrid, Jill and Kieran, not recruiting Marcia, letting Mia and Zihark die, training Mist just to do the BK fight and then running from it. Hey, it was the first time I ever played a Fire Emblem game. ._.

You have no idea what you are talking about good sir.

Crash, I know you miss a lot, but I thought you were better than this. I guess I will post this again. I always forget if it was Mekkah or Reikken or originally wrote it:

6.3 Hogging EXP

This point is often used against Seth, Titania and several FE10 units, especially Sothe. They "hog EXP", according to some, and count this as a negative. This couldn't be more wrong - if anything, they are doing the opposite.

Let's say we are comparing Seth and Franz. Seth is a L1 Paladin, while Franz a L1 Cavalier. Some people say that Seth should not get many kills - after all, other units gain more EXP and need this EXP more than Seth. What those making this argument do not realize is that this is not a negative, but more of a positive for Seth. Think about it. Seth "not needing EXP" cannot be a negative for him. It's like saying that Guy not needing a Speedwing while Oswin would like one is a negative for Guy.

Gaining less EXP is not a negative either, it's an effect caused by having a higher level to begin with. Seth pretty much comes with 1900 more EXP than Franz. Seth's lower EXP gains only affect his own growth. The fact that he doesn't gain as much EXP as Franz does is represented by Seth not having improved as much as Franz by giving them the same amount of kills. When both haven't killed anything, Seth's stats are superior. When Franz has killed 10 enemies, he is probably around L4 or L5, but he's still worse than a base level Seth (with 30 EXP or so). Same after 20, 30, 40, etc enemies. Only when Franz is around L18 while Seth is L2 or L3, Franz is starting to become comparable, while he was definitely worse by a lot.

L1 Seth is as good as a L18 Franz off the bat.

Franz isn't as good as Seth until he hits L18.

After reading this, some would still insist that it's better that Seth does not get any kills. However, that is basically handing Seth another advantage: it's showing that he has a secondary method of being used, and apparently this second method is better (I would argue it is not, but that is another story). If "2nd method Seth" > "1st method Seth", and "1st method Seth" > Franz, then it logically follows that "2nd method Seth" >Franz as well. Of course, it won't show that Seth is better than Franz in the stats now when they are compared when Franz has caught up, but the EXP that Seth would have gotten now went to other units on the team, which is another advantage.

Or, in other words, let's compare three teams, and distribute 100 kills among them. Let's say 5 kills is a level on average, except for Seth, who would need 25.

Team A has Seth, Arthur, Lute and Vanessa, and each is given equal amount of kills, so 25.

Team B has Seth, Arthur, Lute and Vanessa, and Seth is only getting 4 kills, while the other 21 are given away to others, giving each of those 25+7=32 kills.

Team C has Franz, Arthur, Lute and Vanessa, and each is given equal amount of kills, so 25.

Team A: L2 Seth, L7 Arthur, L6 Lute, L6 Vanessa.

Team B: L1 Seth, L8 Arthur, L7 Lute, L7 Vanessa

Team C: L6 Franz, L7 Arthur, L6 Lute, L6 Vanessa

Clearly Team A and B are both much stronger than team C, and both A and B have Seth. The non-Seth units on team A are equal to the non-Franz units on team C, and the non-Seth units on team B are clearly beating those of team C.

This argument goes for any prepromote, or any unit that gains less EXP...or actually, for any unit, really. This even goes for FE6/FE7 Marcus, though it should be added that those have a negative effect on the EXP rank. It also goes for units that hit L20 before promotion, such as Eirika and Ephraim.

No it's not.

I prefer everyone to have muscles. Yes, that includes the chicks. Muscles and badassery. Cuteness doesn't go well with me unless you're a bunny.

Muscles are overrated. :awesome:

Yes, she is. If consistently 1RKO'ing on top of great mobility isn't "great", I don't know what it is. And "isn't necessary" isn't a viable excuse. Technically, you only really need the Lord to beat the game. Having her Exp-hog doesn't make her any less great, it just means your other characters will be completely overshadowed by her.

No it's not.

Muscles are overrated. :awesome:

It's a Japanese game.

Japanese games giving women muscles.

That is actually pretty amazing.

Adding on to the fact that I consider myself a fairly strong woman, lifting weights and shit, except my biceps doesn't even show up that much. It just hardens. Getting that much biceps is actually a pretty good achievement.

Orite Soul, I still need to make you into a pretty pretty girl sometimes :awesome:

Huh... TBH, the likes of Echidna don't sit well with me at all. Which is why I don't quite like the idea. 'Course, this trope doesn't help...

To each their own, I guess. My personal dislike of children doesn't help either, annoying little brats, they are, nor do I like girly things either. So the two added together tends to irk me.

Crash, you're practically asking for it--as in, sticking a large "KICK ME!" sign to your backside--at this point. If you can't be bothered to actually do your research--the post brought up by RFoF is a good starting point--then it's probably in your best interests to not post at all. And even if you didn't care at all about turn counts, it's not as if Titania can't use boss kills or can't rampage throughout maps. The whole "Jeigans leech EXP!" argument is completely outdated at this point.